What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After three Great Divide RUMBLE oak aged IPAs I am now having a tolerable Yeast **** Brown home brew. Sorry if I'm not supposed to say Sh*t on here but that's the name.

Best of nights,
Agnarr

Eating paella and drinking my Scottish Export 80 Shilling with my parents.

7jeM0.jpg

Third and last beer of the night, Edworts Haus Pale Ale.

R8td2.png

Fuller's 1845. Now that's a good beer! I have to say that Fuller's is quickly becoming my favorite brewery...

I've had a couple bottles that were really good, but the last two were cardboard. You've got to watch out for the 1.5 year old bottles that are sitting out on shelves.

The Vintage is really good. I saw a honey ale from them today, but didn't get it. Will have to try it someday. And I brewed the cybi London Pride clone, and it was excellent.

Edit: Oh, yeah, drinking a Citra clone now. Pretty good, but probably not as good as the original.

Weyerbacher Belgian-style Pale Ale. I'm not terribly familiar with the style, but I have brewed one of my own. Mine was pretty good, but lacked the hop character of and wasn't nearly as clear as Weyerbacher's.

Just finished a Kona Wailua Wheat. Very disappointed. It tasted very... sour. Not even citrus type sour. Dunno if it was a bad bottle or what. It was also filtered. Clear as can be. Oh well, not every beer is a winner.

Double Jack. Had a weird seranno pepper beer after lunch, sorachi ace would have gone well in it. It smelled like a jar of hot sauce.

Just finished a Kona Wailua Wheat. Very disappointed. It tasted very... sour. Not even citrus type sour. Dunno if it was a bad bottle or what. It was also filtered. Clear as can be. Oh well, not every beer is a winner.

Yeah, IME experience the Kona brews tend to be less than stellar. Not bad, per se, but as a brewer you know they could have done so much better.

I'm drinking my Fuller's ESB clone and cooking a salmon on the BBQ right after finishing brewing an IPA. Life is good.

I just recently moved to Chicago from Atlanta, so I've been trying to work my way through some beers I can't get back home (old home). Luckily back in the beeradvocate days I was an active trader so I've tried many of the Great Lakes and Three Floyds beers, but I've had a few great ones here. I got to try Zombie Dust on tap at Local Option, which is less than .5 mile from my new place. I wish I could find more Three Floyds in bottles here. Still need to take a trip to Wisconsin to grab some New Glarus.

Right now I just finished a Perennial Hommel bier (meh) and am drinking a Great Lakes Oktoberfest (ok).

nukebrewer said:
I had that for the first time recently and I thought it was pretty good. I almost picked up one of their other brews today, Bengali Tiger, but I already had a full cart so I decided it could wait.

From what I hear Apollo is one of their other beers.

First night of this year's Little Woody (Bend's barrel aged beer fest):

Oakshire Brewing's Bourbon Nutcracker
Bend Brewing Company's The Raven Baltic Porter
Hopworks Urban Brewery's Kentucky Christmas (expensive, but phenominal)
Silvermoon's Bourbon Barrel Aged Demolition Man, and Bourbon Barrel Aged Hazelnut Coffee Darkside Stout
Block 15's Super Nebula Imperial Stout
10 Barrel's Imperial Pray For Snow aged in Brandy Barrels, and Whiskey Barrel Big Black Stout
Three Creeks' Deja Voodoo Pinot Barrel Imperial IPA
Ninkasi's Oatis

Was looking forward to Bonyard's Suge Knight, but that's not getting tapped until tomorrow.

Back