What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brandon O's Graff...with a batch of Reaper's Mild in the kettle.

image-1487091447.jpg

Unfortunately I'm drinking a kugels Oktoberfest not the greatest beer but also not the worst. Just waiting for our Oktoberfest that we brewed and it will actually be drinkable by the first of October can't wait

3F's apocalypse cow
Firestone walkers reserve
3F's Moloko milk stout
Have to drink as much good beer as I can. I will be subjected to free warm Mexican beer for the next 5 days on the family vacation.. Guess it could be worse and I'd actually have to pay for it.

Omission Pale Ale. I didn't really think it was a great beer before, but it's growing on me. Next up is a Latitude 48 IPA, then off to bed after a 14 hour shift.

Flander's Sour Cherry Red from Odd Side Ales in Grand Haven MI. I'll probably get the Mayan Mocha Stout or the Double Dry Hopped Citra Pale next mmm

Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale. Nose is almost Pumkingish(Pumpking is better though) and its pretty good, its taste has a slight berry/rootbeer cola like note(which I think chocolate malt-reminds me of sometimes If it even has that otherwise its clove or something) probably from the spices(which are about perfectly spiced) but its subltle and not overwealming and slight compared to the pumpkin/malt/carmel backbone. Smooth creamy malty with some mild toffee/medium-dark carmel sweetness. At least thats the way I see it. 6Pack worthy. Im jealous its probably better than anything I made so far,I think.

Had the octoberfest also, not a big fan of that. Its decent. Thought I might as well get the harvest seasonal box. Dont think Ive seen 6 diff. beers in a 12pack before,thats prettty cool. Now a 12pack variety? That needs to be done for the serious connoseuirs. Although it sucks not to have a few of the few you really like though.

My IPA with the girls mixing it up in the kitchen with Jerry & Merl belting it out...great times!

image-1090059293.jpg

Mmmmm, both great.

Any suggestions for imperial stouts? My first, really like it but want to try some others b4 trying to clone one

image-1060767411.jpg

jerryteague said:
Sam Adams Oktoberfest, and Steven's Point Cascade Pale Ale. Also had my Citra/Cascade Pale Ale.

I kinda miss Point. I went to school there. Drinking Edworts Haus Ale (1st AG) and now a home brewed Blonde.

Went to a Dogfish Head tap takeover. Had 120, not impressed, but a good beer, World Wide Stout, eh, too hot alcohol, Chateau Jiahu, I could swear it was a keg of this years Sah tea, I love Hawthorn, and was hoping to taste it, but no, which I did not care for, Immort Ale was decent, the Burton Baton was really good, and complex, the My Antonia was probably my favorite, but I walked in with 5lbs of fresh wet Cascade cones, after hand picking 10lbs of fresh Cascade, expecting something ridiculously hoppy, and received nothing close.

Retail: Blonde (Thomas Hooker, trying to kick the keg) & Docs Pear Cider
Hombrew: I've kinda got a mix pack going on right now with what remains of a bunch of my batches; Dirty Blonde, Centennial APA, Spiced Winter Ale (from last winter), Stout, HG Smoked Maple Porter (from two years ago) and my Hefeweizen

I pretty much reach into my fridge and whatever I grabs I drinks!

Getting ready to sample bottles from the bottom of my beer closet that are I-don't-know-how-old-and-what-they-are. Expecting nothing good.

Water. PAX is on tomorrow, I'm already invited to three parties with open bars. I must prepare for the torment this mortal flesh will receive.

Got a few White beer called : L'infusée from Brasseur du Monde. I got an El Lapino (Jalapeno ale) and I'm conditioning a red cream that got some peated malt in it.

Back