What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revival Brewing Saison and oyster shooters in Newport RI

image-3264868901.jpg

My first taste of ice cold Skeeter Pee. I didn't take into account how strong this stuff is. Wow, ~10%? It's delicious, no doubt. I plan on BBQing some chicken a little later with Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse Sauce. Oughta be alright.

after reading about dampfbier (german all-barley ale using wiezen yeast), i put it in my brew queue
to my surprise i found a bottle at the market, and now i will DEFINITELY brew a batch!

Sam Adams Belgian Session. I'm kind of torn though. I like it, but i feel like it could be more. It's light and i get that, but it seems almost too light but still has a great pepper/spice note that shines through and lingers.

I just floated my keg of my first (incredibly successful) attempt at a Kölsch (Sailor Todd's Schooner Kölsch). Changing pace after that, I just opened up a bottle of my Binnacle Brown Ale.

Shared three of my homebrews with my brother today while explaining the whole brewing process. We just bought him his own brew kit. He has been brewing with me, but since he lives on the other side of the state (Kalamazoo, in the shadow if Bell's brewery), he needs his own.

Great Divide "Rumble" Oaked IPA, delicious, very good IPA with notes of vanilla. Not overwhelmingly oaky. Happy not quite hilarious.

I have a few lined up for today, since it is my only day off. Started with a homebrewed centennial/amarillo/citra IPA, moving on to Green Flash's Double Stout, and finishing with Jolly Pumpkin's Roja

I had a glass of chardonnay with lunch while the in laws were visiting, then a strawberry wine spritzer with my mother in law. Not something I'd normally drink, but we've had a bottle of strawberry wine on the bar for several years as a winery impulse buy in Door County, so... waste not, want not right? The sparkling water makes it palatable, so bottoms up! Will probably have another in a bit here, if only to make it go away quicker and go back to having proper drink.

Back