What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20231119_140243678.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_2902.jpeg
Another Treehouse banger from @TheDudeLebowski
Untappd’s Description:
Curiosity One Hundred Thirty Five is brewed with the very best and most fresh of our 2023 hop selections form Australia and the Pacific Northwest.

It is filled with wonderful notes of ripe pineapple and tropical fruit propelled by a uniquely fluffy Tree House based.

Haven't heard of this style before. Sounds interesting. Share the character of the beer and the recipe?🍻
As distinctive as a wheat beer is from a barley ale. This one is made with 50% oat malt, and finished at 5.3% ABV. Definitely a keeper, but this was my first (2 Gallon) attempt. I have another 5G batch fermenting now for when this is gone.

Here is the information about the style from the 2023_BA_Beer_Style_Guidelines
  • Color: Gold to copper
  • Clarity: Chill haze and other haze is acceptable
  • Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: The aroma is grainy or grainy-bready. A distinctive aroma and flavor profile arises from the use of at least 45 percent oat malt and at least 20 percent wheat malt. Pale malt makes up the remainder of the grain bill.
  • Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Very low to low from noble hops or other traditional European varieties
  • Perceived bitterness: Medium-low to medium
  • Fermentation Characteristics: Esters may be present at low levels. Diacetyl is usually absent in these beers but may be present at very low levels. Acidity and sweet corn-like DMS should not be present.
  • Body: Low to medium Additional notes: This style of beer was popular in the Netherlands from 1400-1550.
  • OG: 1.050-1.080 FG: 1.006-1.015 ABV: 4.7%-7.9% IBU: 25-35 SRM: 5-12.5

https://www.beeradvocate.com/articles/10251/kuit/

This was a kit from SoCo Brewing -- quite tasty. Darker than some brown ales I've made and had, but it's nice and malty/toasty with just enough hop bitterness (Willamette) to balance things out. It's maybe slightly heavy on the chocolate malt but overall it works pretty well. Cheers all!

View attachment 834318
Sending the folks your appreciation. That's my LHBS.

This was never going to make it to the FotD...ergo, down the hatch it goes while cleaning up for hopefully the last Austin dump run..🙏

PhP Fresh Hopped Training Bines

Attachments

• PXL_20231120_190046534.jpg
    PXL_20231120_190046534.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Tried the first bottle of my HB pub ale. Maris Otter and a little UK dark crystal, EKG, pitched S-04. 4.2% ABV.

Conditioned just under 2 weeks, but I wanted to see if it would be ready for serving guests at T-giving.

A little young, but not bad. Carbonation good, nice malty flavor with just the right hop bitterness. The flavor improved as it warmed in the glass to its proper serving temp. A little hazy, but don't care.

I'll throw a dozen bottles in the fridge for T-giving, and let the rest condition a little longer.

1000016670.jpg

Yet another San Diego score, from the other brewing Mecca on the Left Coast comes this tasty IPA from Pizza Port Brewing, one of the best brewers in the San Diego area. Pizza Port created this 6.8% ABV middleweight West Coast IPA all the way back in 1992.

Swami's IPA comes on strong with citrus and pine, may be a bit of Simcoe, just a guess. Delicious IPA, yummy and very traditional. Low head, medium carbonation and light lacing, I think Swami may be “can conditioned” or is subject to very low filtering – check out the residual yeast in suspension in the pint.

Pizza Port received the message on the BIG CANS, great job! This is a fantastic IPA, grab some at your bottle shop when it is available!

IMG_5868.jpeg

IMG_5869.jpeg

Last edited:
Telescope.... storytime?
My daughter (12) has become very interested in astronomy, last year for Christmas I got her the 5inch newtonian in the background. Her and I have had quite a few good seeing nights. It's become a bonding for us, and at her age I'll take anything I can get. We are in central pa but far enough from anywhere that light pollution is not horrible. I have a trip planned to cherry springs at the end of this school year so hoping the weather cooperates. Growing up I was always interested in astronomy and had a small telescope so I hope to have my daughter see the universe and all it has to offer. So far she has seen the bands on Jupiter, the rings of Saturn and the Orion nebula.

My daughter (12) has become very interested in astronomy, last year for Christmas I got her the 5inch newtonian in the background. Her and I have had quite a few good seeing nights. It's become a bonding for us, and at her age I'll take anything I can get. We are in central pa but far enough from anywhere that light pollution is not horrible. I have a trip planned to cherry springs at the end of this school year so hoping the weather cooperates. Growing up I was always interested in astronomy and had a small telescope so I hope to have my daughter see the universe and all it has to offer. So far she has seen the bands on Jupiter, the rings of Saturn and the Orion nebula.
Andromeda is out right now like straight up. Orion comes out later. That's so good to hear! Warms my heart!

Pretty good..
PXL_20231121_035419334~2.jpg

Back