What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. It’s my birthday today and my wife and I tested positive with Covid last night for the first time. I’m past the 104 fever, chills, body aches, and nasal congestion, so I’m having a pint, dammit! Probably a little Bushmills Irish Whiskey too! Although our weekend get together has been postponed, I may make this weekend a time for me to brew a couple of batches. Cheers!
IMG_5938.jpeg

Sounds so good. Have you used coconut before in a stout? I’m planning a stout after Thanksgiving to split between 2, 3-gallon kegs. Was thinking of using maple syrup & coconut on one half. Can’t decide if those will clash.
Yes, kind of. This is the Left Hand Milk Stout clone found in the Ale recipes section of HBT. The recipe on its own is absolutely delicious, and this is the second time I’ve taken it to the next level with Silver Cloud/ Apex Toasted Coconut flavoring.

IMG_3449.jpeg

Now, I need to stop drinking this. I brewed a keg of it for a December 16th party. If I don’t stop filling my glass there'll be none left to take to it.

Yes, kind of. This is the Left Hand Milk Stout clone found in the Ale recipes section of HBT. The recipe on its own is absolutely delicious, and this is the second time I’ve taken it to the next level with Silver Cloud/ Apex Toasted Coconut flavoring.

View attachment 834061

Now, I need to stop drinking this. I brewed a keg of it for a December 16th party. If I don’t stop filling my glass there'll be none left to take to it.
Drink up!

HB Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. It’s my birthday today and my wife and I tested positive with Covid last night for the first time. I’m past the 104 fever, chills, body aches, and nasal congestion, so I’m having a pint, dammit! Probably a little Bushmills Irish Whiskey too! Although our weekend get together has been postponed, I may make this weekend a time for me to brew a couple of batches. Cheers!
View attachment 834053
Well...uhh..Happy Birthday..? Hope you both recover quickly! 🍻

Sticking with the San Diego tradition, today’s chug is a delicious and yummy can of Alesmith .394 Pale Ale. Now I know what you are all thinking, this must be a typo, what beer has a starting gravity of 1.394, do they mean 1.0394? A light Ale?

Wrong and wrong again! This 6.0% ABV mouthful of fun pays homage to Tony Gwynn’s 1994 career high batting average of .394!

This really is a fantastic beer, but in my humble opinion, it is a stretch calling this a Pale Ale. The taste to me is more like a mix of 2/3 Stone IPA and 1/3 Coors Light in the glass. That’s a great mix by the way - and this .394 has that by the bucketful. So, I’d call it a solid Medium-high ABV Ale going on IPA. A light IPA. Something like that.

Can says “Golden Pale Ale” with "Bright Citrus and Tropical Fruit Notes”. Crystal clear, orangey color and really decent head and lacing, A+ job. It’s definitely a West Coaster, hunt this one down the next time you’re at your favorite bottle shop. Great beer!

IMG_5853.jpeg

Last edited:
Back