What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best I could do at the beer store by my hotel.

photo.JPG

Right now I am having a War Hammer IIPA from 4 Hands that I got from xMalachi. Great IIPA here. Great citrus and piney hop aroma/flavor with a soft malt backbone and slight sweetness. The 9% is hidden well, but there is a slight alcohol warmth which is actually a little welcome on this chilly May evening in Connecticut. Fvckin El Niño, man.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to attach the pic

20130528_181800.jpg

Having a G'Knight to hopefully end an awesomely $hitty day of an extremely mouthy 6 yo daughter, a 1yo destructo kitty, and one boss trying to get dirt on my other boss so he can get a reason to force him out. And to top it off, I only have one beer left in the fridge. Fu€k me.

Ostomo517 said:
New Holland Kvass, awesome pub only release. Made with bread.....literally, this is s pic of brewday. 300 loaves of bread in the mash tun

That's pretty cool! I wish I could try that. BYO did an article about Kvass before and it piqued my interest. I thought about experimenting with it.

nukebrewer said:
Thanks, man. I appreciate the kind words. Any thoughts on whether I should put the dark grains in the mash next time or leave it as a cold steep?

I think I may be too much of a noob to provide advice there. I didn't get the huge roastiness as I do in other stouts so if mashing would lend to that it might help the beer. I was reminded of Obsidian by your beer which is definitely not bad. I need to finish how to brew and start on Designing Great Beers to provide better analysis and advice on beers! I'm having a Red Chair with Chicken and Leek Pie for dinner (think pot pie with chicken and leeks).

That's cool. How is it? Google kvass trailer, apparently tractors drop tanks of it off around town in the Ukraine.

Its a fabulous beer it really is. Not as malty as I thought it would be. Bready obviously but deep layered flavor. Now having a Twisted Cedar wood aged ESB and a Brewers Platter smoked meat and cheese platter including a huge dollop of Mad Hatter hopped cheese in the middle along side mind blowing bacon marmalade. Its been a good day boys!

ForumRunner_20130528_205752.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_205820.jpg

More HopSMAC DIPA

image-1511367011.jpg

Trying to show how clear this stuff is but the camera on this iOverhyped can't quite capture it. But you can see the logo on the other side of the glass pretty clearly.

Ostomo517 said:
Its a fabulous beer it really is. Not as malty as I thought it would be. Bready obviously but deep layered flavor. Now having a Twisted Cedar wood aged ESB and a Brewers Platter smoked meat and cheese platter including a huge dollop of Mad Hatter hopped cheese in the middle along side mind blowing bacon marmalade. Its been a good day boys!

Sounds like an awesome day for sure!

NIZZLE said:
Hey wait until you taste me and Ostomo be red coq you will fall in love ;) bwahahahaha

Edit: ok thats just creepy :D

I hope you're still talking about the beer! ;)

Back