What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightcap!

image-3009957729.jpg

Don't age it too long. Had an 06(?, pinkish wax, screw top) earlier this year and it was well past it's hay day.

Ya I'm sure it won't last long if it makes it until next year I'll be surprised :D it's just always the goal to age it right?

Not really diggin' how this pic came out, but I wanted to try something different than what I've been doing.

Those floaties are RIDICULOUS. I want to try that beer so bad. (Especially since you said it tastes like Heady, which ive never had either lol)

Wanna swap it for a bottle of black ops?

is black ops good. my local Whole Foods had like 20 bottles sitting in a stack for a couple months, so i figured it wasnt good if no one touched it for that long...

a small sample of my port. I bottled a bunch of 6oz bottles for a reason, yo. I wanna pluck out my eyes & pour some into my ocular cavities. then replace my eye bulbs.

is black ops good. my local Whole Foods had like 20 bottles sitting in a stack for a couple months, so i figured it wasnt good if no one touched it for that long...

Its awesome. I've been seeing a lit of bottles around too. Baffled why, but i guess for 25 a bottle, people dont wanna try it. Great beer, one of my favorites.

Yeah ... Very good. I'd guess the price wasthereason it wasn't selling too fast.

Its awesome. I've been seeing a lit of bottles around too. Baffled why, but i guess for 25 a bottle, people dont wanna try it. Great beer, one of my favorites.

I feel like an idiot. I saw dust on the bottles so I thought it was something no one wanted. there was actually 4 cases there for $15 a bottle.....

Time to drown my sorrows in another DIPA (kinda tastes like Jai Alai once its aged for a month and a half)

Which is also a mini celebration at my promotion to a project manager from an estimator. :ban:

Billy-Klubb said:
a small sample of my port. I bottled a bunch of 6oz bottles for a reason, yo. I wanna pluck out my eyes & pour some into my ocular cavities. then replace my eye bulbs.

Not sure if that is a good thing, or...

nukebrewer said:
You fools! I lied about my night cap. Bwahahahahaha!

Now I'm really skeptical! You should send me one of each so I can investigate and determine if you are truly fibbing the truth. Man, I must be poorer than I thought.

And now a flight. Apologies for the terrible phone pics. All on the board except the pilsener.

Nothing crazy, but all at least pretty decent. The Green Room IPA just came on today apparently. Crazy fresh.

image-850007981.jpg

image-443694839.jpg

MrNic said:
Maybe it's old? I always get tons of aroma from hop stoopid.

I don't know how old it is. I live in a small town where craft beer is hard to come by. The local Giant Eagle gets some decent stuff in every once in a while. I don't normally shop there since their prices are higher than tommy chong. But I stopped in tonight and saw it on the shelf for $5. Who knows how long it's been on their shelf. Is there any way to decipher the code printed on the bottle? Makes no sense to me. There's some aroma, but not near as much as I thought I'd get.

BGBC said:
And now a flight. Apologies for the terrible phone pics. All on the board except the pilsener.

Nothing crazy, but all at least pretty decent. The Green Room IPA just came on today apparently. Crazy fresh.

Where are you? I'm not familiar...

how do you like it. The local [awesome] craft bar has it for $4 bottle Wednesdays. and the Heat game is tomorrow. Should I grab it?

It's a good IPA that would make a fine everyday drinker. I make no claim that's it the best or even close, but it's a good beer. That said, I wouldn't pay $4 for a bottle of it when I can get a 6 pack for ~$10 (I think). Save your bar money for better beer.

It's a good IPA that would make a fine everyday drinker. I make no claim that's it the best or even close, but it's a good beer. That said, I wouldn't pay $4 for a bottle of it when I can get a 6 pack for ~$10 (I think). Save your bar money for better beer.

Gracias sir. There are 100 bottles for $4 (literally). So I think I will save it for something better, especially since there is about 30-40 other IPAs on their list for Wednesdays.

tyzippers said:
Where are you? I'm not familiar...

Austin TX. Local brewpub called Uncle Billy's Brew & Que. Will be down here for work Mon-Thurs for the next year or so.

Green Room IPA is Simcoe-licious. Also confirmed that I still don't like smoke in my beer.

Another half pint of Uncle Billy's Green Room IPA before heading back to the hotel. Talked to the manager - Nugget, Simcoe and Amarillo to be exact.

Lagunitas IPA at the giants game

You lucky bastard. Miami is awesome in itself, just NOT for the beer scene. Not a single venue here sells anything above bud light other than a couple Goose Head Ales (and at 10 bucks for what I can get 2x as much of bud light/heineken for 8 bucks) so its pretty dead around here....

Black ops is good, but really smokey and oakey when young. It ages great. I had a bottle from 2011 that my brother in law and I drank about 3 weeks ago and everything mellowed out and blended nicely.

Latest posts

Back