What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samichlaus clone, 11 months of conditioning. Brewed in collaboration with @aharri1 With help from Drew Beechum. 14% ABV. Luscious.

Samichlaus.jpg

Here's the brown porter I kegged on Saturday.

I like the color, although I'll concede it really could use an ounce of black malt, maybe two, to differentiate it from a brown ale or dark mild (that hazy area between the three styles is one of my favorite stomping grounds).

It has enough brown malt in it that there's no mistaking it for anything other than a porter and I kinda like the idea that it deceives the eye while delivering the goods on the tongue. I suspect that I'll do a couple re-brews with black malt, but eventually revert to this.

I'm really pleased with this one.
25480460-8AF3-489D-B8D7-156196661E8C.jpeg

Spending some time in the panhandle with my son and my niece from central Florida brought me a local IPA from Swamp Head Brewery in Gainsville. Without hesitation I'll tell you this is one very nice example of the style. Nice citrusie floral nose with a pleasing bitter finish. I'll be going there for a taste of all their their offerings.
20221103_175851.jpg

Back