What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortnite beer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
We inherited the family wine cave, and back in the deepest corner we found about 80 bottles of this stuff. Her dad had a license to distill fruit from his orchards, so every year he made plum and pear brandy. Unfortunately none of the bottles have any markings so it's a crapshoot what kind you'll get. Since he quit making it in 1982 we know it's that old, and the bottle style is distinctly not modern so it's probably from the late 50's or early 60's.
This is moonshine,, so I'd be careful with the very oldest ones just in case he wasn't fully methanol-aware...those might be the "beginner batches". There might be a test you can do. How to Test If Alcohol Has Methanol. I'd suggest the "yellow flame" test at the very least.

Last edited:
Great RIS. I think I like the 12 oz bottle size better. 16 oz of a beer like this is a bit much for my palate!😉
View attachment 779984
Yeah, 16oz is lot.

I remember when that first came out, Three Floyds had a reputation for making the heavy duty-ist heavy duty beers that there were or ever would be...and this stomped on them.

I haven't had it since I left PDX, over twenty years ago, but I'm sure it's still a very substantial beer, even by today's silly standards.

Grist is measured and milled for tomorrow and my water is sitting in the kettle, ready to go.

It’s too dark to take a picture on the red tool box, the CD rack will do. This is the first time since last Spring that I’ve been up after the sun went down.

A pleasantly insipid blonde ale with Mandarina Bavaria.
27F144F9-49C0-45EC-AAB4-629559DFEF33.jpeg

Grist is measured and milled for tomorrow and my water is sitting in the kettle, ready to go.

It’s too dark to take a picture on the red tool box, the CD rack will do. This is the first time since last Spring that I’ve been up after the sun went down.

A pleasantly insipid blonde ale with Mandarina Bavaria. View attachment 779994
Great album by the Dead Milkmen, BTW.

View attachment 770725HB Dry Hopped American Pilsner with Opal hops. Not clear, but it seems to get clearer (slightly) with each pour. A little floral & spicy notes while being easy drinking. Just my two cents.
How do you like opal hops? Good for dry hopping? I just got 5 kilos of it and need to sprinkle it everywhere. I've brewn my first batch with them, conditioning on bottle as we speak. I think I overdid the bitterness by quite a large margin unfortunately based on how it tasted after fermentation.

A pleasantly insipid blonde ale with Mandarina Bavaria.

Bonus points for having Thelonious Monk and The Dead Milkmen in the same shot. :mug:

How do you like opal hops? Good for dry hopping? I just got 5 kilos of it and need to sprinkle it everywhere. I've brewn my first batch with them, conditioning on bottle as we speak. I think I overdid the bitterness by quite a large margin unfortunately based on how it tasted after fermentation.
It’s my first time using Opal. I get a lot of spicy notes with a little bit of floral on the backend. It was an old bag that was never opened and I wanted to give it a try, so I amped up the amounts based on the lost AA BeerSmith calculated. I’m happy with it but fresher lots may have a different character to it, or maybe not.

Started grilling for Labor Day. Moved the Flanders Red out of cold storage and poured off the first glass. I mean, I have to taste-test it before I give it to guests, right? Brewed 11 months ago on mixed-ferm using the house sour culture. Amazing. These are the curry dry-rubbed pork ribs, later the Korean bbq chicken will be smoking as well.
61DAC358-1A77-4208-B31A-B557F7AA4BD8.jpeg
8BCA6619-BDAA-49CE-A708-42B948A32173.jpeg

I don’t say this lightly, but this might be one of the best beers I’ve ever had. It’s a tad more rich than say a Paulaner Festbier but it’s not as caramelly as a Marzen. It’s incredibly clean and has this butter cookie note that keeps me coming back for another sip. I’ll most definitely be heading back to the local brewery to grab a couple more 4 packs of this.

412405F9-B1BB-4E12-8597-7D5A4E593747.jpeg

Back