What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoy

PXL_20210903_170839432.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210903_180026621.jpg
PXL_20210903_192143481.jpg
PXL_20210903_233715283.jpg

PXL_20210904_000219900.jpg

Very generous!

My friend made it another 4ish years, after diagnosis, until cancer beat him.
I've worked on some crazy projects and medical is the last field I've never worked in. It's not a money maker from a product standpoint Years ago medical was suppose to be the next hot engineering thing. I was lucky enough to interview with doctors at Dana Farber. There was a huge space between medical and the engineering fields. Unfortunately it's the distribution of funding. I don't even think it's really the money but management. When I retire I'd like to see if I could work in the field for free.

My grandma died a long time ago to brain cancer when I was young. That's when treatment was really bad. She fought for about 4 years too.

I try not to vent on forums too often, but I'm over the top here in Canada. Blockades from Victoria to Halifax full of non-masked in front of medical institutions. I helped re-vamp a Hospital powerhouse here in YYC a few years back so everyone would be safer...

There seems to be no empathy for those who are scared by Cancer, woken up in Hospital or DELAYED Ambulance by these types of selfish, idiotic people.

Be safe, fellow brewers...I....I just don't understand. My Sister is in Health Care, and has a job to 'Jab' unfortunate folks from the street every..single...day.

Dear God...what is happening?

SoapBoxSep.jpg

Last edited:
Ay, be careful with reusing those New Belgium bottles. They aren't the toughest/thickest glass. I've got scars on my left hand to prove it. I was opening a bottle once, neck broke, and cut my left hand across three fingers. I didn't know it until I saw the blood.
I think it can happen with any bottle. I had the top of a Dogfish Head bottle come off in my hand while opening. Those are usually pretty sturdy. That was not a beer I brewed or bottled, got it as part of a homebrew club exchange. Fortunately I did not get cut on that one. I had another random longneck with no markings where the whole neck of the bottle came off after I capped it and was placing it in the box. I took a deep cut on my thumb from that one. Lucky I didn’t need stitches. Like you said, glass will cut you so fast and easy you won’t even know you’ve been cut until you see blood. I wear gloves now when filling and capping bottles. And I’m careful opening them. I use a long opener now like one of these whenever I’m opening homebrew. Mine or any given to me.

Attachments

• 6EACC7C0-A3DB-46AA-829E-B111F2E6DF4C.jpeg
    6EACC7C0-A3DB-46AA-829E-B111F2E6DF4C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Ay, be careful with reusing those New Belgium bottles. They aren't the toughest/thickest glass. I've got scars on my left hand to prove it. I was opening a bottle once, neck broke, and cut my left hand across three fingers. I didn't know it until I saw the blood.
I didn't draw blood, but I've had a couple crumble on me as well. The rest got thrown out.

I only had 5 beers last night but feel like I had 15. One of them kicked my ass. That last Pilsner last night was almost undrinkable. I’ve always worried about DMS in my Pilsner but I can say without a doubt mine have never tasted like that.
Hair of the dog at Wibby Brewing Longmont, CO.
Schwibby Schwarz
B3585E29-67AB-402F-88D3-18881B9A1EC6.jpeg

Back