What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200502_124614.jpg

Nice pit ... this is on the list of to-do's in the coming weeks. We have a chimnea which is perfect for 1-2 people (maybe 3 in a pinch); however, I like pits because you can fit larger stuff in it (bodies, for example). We have quite a small yard though, so I have to get creative.

Just cut the bodies up first if you have some size constraints on the pit.

Trying my Carolina Lager after less than a week in the bottle. I tried to pour it before chill haze set in. I might be experiencing DMS for the first time in over a year of home brewing. Maybe it’s due to using “craft” pilsner instead of reliable German malt? Other than that, it’s going to be a very good beer once it’s fully carbed and sits in the fridge for a couple weeks.

9FDEC22E-3341-4700-925B-F10322768DB6.jpeg

2020 12 Beers of Christmas Gingerbread Brown Ale sample. @fourfarthing it’s carbonated let me know what you think. It’s a big beer that should benefit from a few months of age. View attachment 678547

Went for a flight of Lambics tonight. The 15 was definitely different from the other two. I actually think the 16 was my favorite. Also blended all three samples just to see which was kinda cool.
87DF9282-74FE-43A5-BFFA-B6C3B7F46178.jpeg

Also, a Pils with a cat bc #me

E6795DC1-C3E8-4B3B-8887-37EFB184147D.jpeg

View attachment 678097
A fruited Wheat beer. not crazy about this beer but happy to support local.
Life as a dad with two daughters during these crazy times. I told them if there is any left, mom can put some in my hair too. Why not, right?

Untappd’s Description:
American style wheat beer (unfiltered) brewed with Boysenberries, Blackberries, and Wild Huckleberries. Exhibits a grainy like malt sweetness with a moderate berry fruit flavor and a light floral hop aroma. Bitterness is light with the balance towards the malt and fruit. Medium light body with a moderately high carbonation. Brewed with Cascade hops.
I’m letting my two daughters cut my hair tomorrow. Fingers crossed they give me a Mohawk. Lol

I found a bottle of HB with the letter B on the cap. I know what 3B means, not sure about B. It’s malty, well carbonated but the head dissipates quickly. It’s got a winey character. Probably some sort of early sour. Not terribly sour. It wasn’t exciting enough to label when it was new and it still isn’t. But not a drain pour. So I’m drinking it now.

2F99F823-F361-460C-B8C1-1DEB105C2BC3.jpeg

Back