What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F3A94D47-902C-42EA-98B8-201A32C16571.jpeg

Yea, when the brewery supports Big Brew Day and gives hops and specialty malts and a crowler of beer to keep you going on brew day which will be a group distantly brewing together even though we are still on “lockdown“, ya buy dinner and a beer to show some appreciation. Hazelnut porter.

Last edited:
Local, local and more local.
Artisanal and Sloop. Great local breweries that make great NEIPA (and sour)

Attachments

• 6BECF01A-E774-4047-8C18-BCE0F66F4DE2.jpeg
    6BECF01A-E774-4047-8C18-BCE0F66F4DE2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • C66CC5DE-B742-46D5-9FCE-CBA30DE4D7C2.jpeg
    C66CC5DE-B742-46D5-9FCE-CBA30DE4D7C2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 5F391813-ACE1-4FEF-ADEC-88C1AF4682BD.jpeg
    5F391813-ACE1-4FEF-ADEC-88C1AF4682BD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 855EF103-550E-4BF5-B783-3DAF8AE02D56.jpeg
    855EF103-550E-4BF5-B783-3DAF8AE02D56.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 5
Hope ya find the trigger, man. My wife has some serious chronic stomach problems. In the six years we've known each other, I've watched her try to find the root cause with no real success. Plus all the tests and prep and examinations she's been through. Found a few things that don't jive well with her, but nothing concrete. Tough to watch from my angle. Glad to hear ya might be onto something, though.

I'm a person with IBS, and dated a wonderful girl who suffered with Crohn's... my suggestion is to give up yoghurt for a bit. Many times the gut will heal itself. it's poopy (no pun intended). Cottage Cheese works, big time Probiotics and Club Soda, of all things! Make her a G&T and hopefully have some relief.

Yeah, she's done about any elimination we can think of. Nothing helped a ton so far. She does watch dairy intake a bit, but still a far cry from relief. Ginger and kombucha helps quite a bit on occasion.

Yeah, she's done about any elimination we can think of. Nothing helped a ton so far. She does watch dairy intake a bit, but still a far cry from relief. Ginger and kombucha helps quite a bit on occasion.

Might be 'overcooking' with kombucha, (It is possible to flood the digestive.) I'm no expert, but lay off for a few days and see what happens. all the best!!

She's probably tried this, but maybe high fiber foods like beans and lentils, or maybe fermented foods like kraut?

Yep. She’s cursed, I swear. We’re 35. It kicked in for her back in high school. So 20 years of trials. I’d take it on from her if I could. Her uncle, grandfather, and great uncle had the same issues.

Aww hell, I forgot to snap a picture of it while I was battling my uKeg cartridge. But took my first pull of falconers flight SMaSH(ish). I was super worried about it during fermentation for a coupe reasons, but it tastes like it'll be alright. Cloudier than a mo-fo though, so I hope the bottles clear up!

Yep. She’s cursed, I swear. We’re 35. It kicked in for her back in high school. So 20 years of trials. I’d take it on from her if I could. Her uncle, grandfather, and great uncle had the same issues.

34 also going on about ten years and untreated for the first seven. I had duodenal ulcers via h pylori, and after that was treated we found giardia.

Getting rid of the h pylori made a huge impact (no more severe heartburn and vomiting acid). Before that, it was debilitating at times. After that, just insanely irritated bowels every single night for about a year. I got tied of swallowing pills, so saw the doctor, played in my poop, and we found giardia.

Inspite of getting the giardia out of my system, I had no change...still irritated guts every night. It felt like the Battle of Antietam in my guts; we always lost. I let that continue until about a month ago.

The doctor suggested trying the six elimination diet, so I did and started with lactose. It took two weeks, but two days of zero symptoms back to back followed by two days of extremely mild symptoms followed by yet another two days of zero symptoms. Yeah, I'm pretty fooling happy right now ... Only took the better part of ten years!

There'sa colonoscopy in there somewhere, too. Why not right?

Edit - drinking water, outside, at the fire.

HB Belgian Single while enjoying my newly completed fire pit in the pine thicket behind my house.
View attachment 678457

Nice pit ... this is on the list of to-do's in the coming weeks. We have a chimnea which is perfect for 1-2 people (maybe 3 in a pinch); however, I like pits because you can fit larger stuff in it (bodies, for example). We have quite a small yard though, so I have to get creative.

View attachment 678329
Yea, when the brewery supports Big Brew Day and gives hops and specialty malts and a crowler of beer to keep you going on brew day which will be a group distantly brewing together even though we are still on “lockdown“, ya buy dinner and a beer to show some appreciation. Hazelnut porter.
Hazelnut porter sounds so scrumptious!!

Back