What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swarley88 said:
You aren't trying hard enough!!

LOL! I do need to try harder. Good thing this is a 6% ABV stout and not a 10%+ barleywine. I'd be on the floor by now.

I have heard that the 75 is one of the better ones. It's not available in my area at all. (I am almost glad it isn't ) I think that the people who are saying it is the cats meooow are just seduced by the spell that the brewery puts out. I just can't jump on that boat. There are much better breweries out there, coming out with solid beers that aren't overpriced and not worth it. Wish they would amount to more due their hype.

I agree there is a lot of hype and people seem to think they are the gods of beer, but I really like some of their brews. Raison d'etre is awesome, as is their India Brown ale. Pricy, yes. But they do make some great tasting beers

Not a bad little bitter right here. Not super hoppy, but it's there and English in character. Balanced well with malt and has a medium body with a semi-dry finish.

20130318_212800.jpg

Scythe & Sickle - Delicious. Got me a one of these to try later or sooner this week. Oh and am having a Widmer milk stout currently, yet another unsurprisingly great beer. Didnt think I was in a stout mood but this beer is telling me it doesnt matter if I was in a stout mood or not.

better half.jpg

My first brown ale. Much better than I expected. At bottling it was just so so but after 3 and a half weeks in the bottle .... Very nice.

I just brewed a brown ale Saturday i hope it turns out good. But it should I'm going to slam it with coffee in secondary for 2 or more weeks I love coffee:)

Guinness float. Love me a pint of Guinness at cheaper than retail. Better on tap but who is going to turn down a delicious concoction like this?

Hell yes! I had a float at New Holland with their Dragons Milk Bourbon Stout.......pure heaven
Having another Shorts Rye Not?

Just kegged my Conan DIPA. Taste both tropical and dank from the Columbus, simcoe, Amarillo combo. Can't wait until it is carbonated!

3 of my favorite hops! Just brewed a simcoe/amarillo IPA and considered adding Columbus... I guess I still could add it to the dry hop. What was your hop schedule like?
Back on topic, having an Irish Red

My attempt at Dennys Vanilla Bourbon Imperial Porter. Came out fantastic! I did oak it and the oak is still just a little bit to strong. Its been three months since I brewed this and I think in another 2-3 months this is going to be heavenly!

3 of my favorite hops! Just brewed a simcoe/amarillo IPA and considered adding Columbus... I guess I still could add it to the dry hop. What was your hop schedule like?
Back on topic, having an Irish Red

Bittered with warrior (60ibu) and then the following

5 min, whirlpool, and dry hop additions were each.

2 simcoe, 1 Amarillo, 1 Columbus.

The Conan yeast really boosted the tropical notes!

While I was kegginf I enjoyed a nugget nectar. :)

Wanted to get myself more acquainted with the wit style while I wait for the wit I brewed for my wife to ferment. Obviously, not too much experience with the style, but this is very light, refreshing and has a slightly spicy aroma with some orange notes. No coriander which I guess is pretty typical (but not required) of the style.

20130318_224500.jpg

Still going.

image-3969160899.jpg

It looks like the keg will likely win this round. But there's always tomorrow.

Coffee while I listen to Marines blowing up stuff in the woods. Makes for a surprisingly peaceful morning...

Wanted to get myself more acquainted with the wit style while I wait for the wit I brewed for my wife to ferment. Obviously, not too much experience with the style, but this is very light, refreshing and has a slightly spicy aroma with some orange notes. No coriander which I guess is pretty typical (but not required) of the style.

I hope you harvested that yeast!

And now some Rainier. It was on sale at the liquor store I work at and it's actually not too bad for $6 a 12 pack.

Bigfoot Barleywine. My one and only beer for today. Gotta work tonight, so I thought I'd make it count...

Back