What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sampling my Belgian IPA. Dry hopped with Sorachi Ace last Wednesday so I'm checking the progress.

That looks/sounds good!

And I just poured some Chocolate Orange Peel Stout. This keg has to kick before the evening is over. There can't be much left.

You might want to check with Billy-Klubb on how long a keg that "has to kick soon" is capable of going! ;)

another HB founders dirty bastard clone.

ForumRunner_20130318_185221.jpg

To this day I haven't brewed that. It's extremely popular though. Thoughts?

And to stay on topic. I'm at my local watering hole post work day. Thinking a 2.50 a pint we ordered too much Guinness for last night special is in order.

Moose Drool is terrible and I have no idea why anyone would clone it. :D

mcbaumannerb said:
That looks/sounds good!
Thanks! I'm really excited about that one and the DIPA I have cold crashing right now. Can't wait till they're both carbed up and ready!
You might want to check with Billy-Klubb on how long a keg that "has to kick soon" is capable of going! ;)

I thought about that. Hopefully I'm not dealing with one of those bottomless kegs. It feels light so there can't be much left.

Moose Drool is terrible and I have no idea why anyone would clone it. :D

I've seen enough moose at 75 on the highway to be uninterested in their drool.

Haven't had moose drool the beer either. I just know NB sells roughly a bajillion kits annually.

Cant tell if sarcastic or serious!

WesleyS said:
This keg has to kick before the evening is over. There can't be much left.

I said that once. I ended up sh!tfaced and still had beer left in the keg.

jerryteague said:

That sounds like a possibility in this situation. :D

I've seen enough moose at 75 on the highway to be uninterested in their drool.

Haven't had moose drool the beer either. I just know NB sells roughly a bajillion kits annually.

Cant tell if sarcastic or serious!

Internet + sarcasm = fail. I was being serious. Hate that beer.

That happened to me yesterday! Tried playing "kick the keg" with my Irish Red last night and I lost. It feels so light I swear it's already empty but it just kept pouring... Needless to say my 4:45am wakeup to go to work today was less than stellar :drunk: I'm no quitter though, I am gonna give it another shot tonight

You southern folk sure is confusing :drunk:

If it makes you feel better, my sincerity is often mistaken for sarcasm and vice versa in person, too.

More saison here. Had to compare the citra dry hop/brett/lact version to the crystal dry hop version of my possible 16C entry.

LoloMT7 said:
Great idea i can buy another fridge and more kegs with the money i make selling stuff : D

Just be careful. Apparently it's "frowned upon" in this country to sell your kidney or your child for beer money. Laws. Crazy, crazy laws. ;)

Another pour down, another pour closer.

image-2263085365.jpg

TNGabe said:
More saison here. Had to compare the citra dry hop/brett/lact version to the crystal dry hop version of my possible 16C entry.

Sounds like you have some good stuff going on there!

Petalos 2010 Bierzo (a red wine from Spain that's ridic smooth and complex for only $18).

Sipped on some fresh uncarbed homebrewed IIPA while bottling as well. Citra/Amarillo/Belma. My best use of Belma yet and the last of it... good riddance.

Just be careful. Apparently it's "frowned upon" in this country to sell your kidney or your child for beer money. Laws. Crazy, crazy laws. ;)

Your own kidney or your own child, perhaps. But there's nothing wrong with selling OTHER PEOPLE'S kidneys or children for beer money. :ban::ban::ban:

Drinking one of my Dubbels.

Sierra Nevada's rendition of Ovila Abbey Dubbel.

It's OK but...probably wouldn't buy it again. Might cellar the other two bottles to see what happens with it.

20130318_210840_Hagrid.jpg

Guinness float. Love me a pint of Guinness at cheaper than retail. Better on tap but who is going to turn down a delicious concoction like this?

Bottle is pretty good. I think DFH is sorta overrated. But I also think they come out with good ideas, they just need to act on them better.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I remember they had a show on TV, and it seems they got too popular too fast. I like the 90 minute, but the 120 was overkill. Almost not drinkable.

They have some decent beers, but I constantly do NOT buy them. I just feel like some of their ideas are out there, and every time I try them, I am not impressed. This (75 min IPA) is probably one of the better ones I have tried.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I remember they had a show on TV, and it seems they got too popular too fast. I like the 90 minute, but the 120 was overkill. Almost not drinkable.

They have some decent beers, but I constantly do NOT buy them. I just feel like some of their ideas are out there, and every time I try them, I am not impressed. This (75 min IPA) is probably one of the better ones I have tried.

Off centered ales for off centered people, no?

I have heard that the 75 is one of the better ones. It's not available in my area at all. (I am almost glad it isn't ) I think that the people who are saying it is the cats meooow are just seduced by the spell that the brewery puts out. I just can't jump on that boat. There are much better breweries out there, coming out with solid beers that aren't overpriced and not worth it. Wish they would amount to more due their hype.

Back