What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skål
20191227_183716.jpg

Because my wife just bought herself
That's a nice weight/person ratio.
I was all for my wife getting a bike; she has the proper demeanor and all that implies plus very good driving skills. Alas, she is not interested in riding but enjoys being a passenger.
I didn't take note if you ride as well.

That's a nice weight/person ratio.
I was all for my wife getting a bike; she has the proper demeanor and all that implies plus very good driving skills. Alas, she is not interested in riding but enjoys being a passenger.
I didn't take note if you ride as well.
My wife is 58, and this is her first bike. I'm super supportive, (and encouraged her), but am nervous, because she's my wife, and I know what kind of ******** are on the road these days. As for myself, I haven't been on two wheels in over 20 years, probably. I have a slight feeling that may change in the near future, however.

Adjustments.JPG
Council Rock Brewery, Cooperstown. Some decent beers after a visit to the HOF.
Their beer is decent, the food is excellent.
IMG_4361.JPG
smoked brisket cheese steak (with beer cheese).
IMG_4362.JPG
Ommegang Brewery. Their Blueberry - Coffe three philosophers was excellent. Blueberry/coffee on the nose, coffee -blueberry on the pallet.
They also had cupcake flights for my DD & Kids!
IMG_4363.JPG
IMG_4364.JPG

My wife is 58, and this is her first bike. I'm super supportive, (and encouraged her), but am nervous, because she's my wife, and I know what kind of ******** are on the road these days. As for myself, I haven't been on two wheels in over 20 years, probably. I have a slight feeling that may change in the near future, however.
I imagine that it is exciting for her but I totally understand what you're going through; while I am certain my wife would be in the upper ten percent of proficient riders once she'd practiced, gained experience and studied sufficiently, the learning period doesn't go away. As you know, there is a lot to know.
An observation that might be helpful that I can share is, after many years of riding, drivers are far, far more polite when a female is present--passenger or rider. Space in every direction widens almost magically and tailgating virtually disappears. So she's got that going for her for starters.

Get on your bikes and ride!

Latest posts

Back