What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 656816

Latest Tavour shipment.

I think it’s the last though. Their local courier in Ohio is terrible. Package hadn’t showed up for a week after they received it, so I called yesterday and left a voicemail. No return call so I tried to call again today. They claimed they hadn’t received it yet and it usually took 2-3 weeks for Tavour shipments to arrive after Tavour sent them. Guy said to call back in the afternoon. Not two hours later a guy shows up with the box that the warehouse guy claimed hadn’t arrived to them yet. I love the variety of beer but it’s not worth the stress of never knowing when it will arrive and wondering if they’ll lose a box with over $100 of beer in it (or closer to $200 if I’m not talking to my wife). :)

Are the packages not insured? If so, why worry?

Is it mostly Crystal 40l that's giving that color or?

Can't agree more, can't have a beer with Tavour.

Is it mostly Crystal 40l that's giving that color or?

Yeah. The recipe is 90% 2-row and 10% Crystal 40. I came across a commercial Cali Common recently, made here in MT (they call it “Montana Common”. Duh). It’s like they cloned my HB recipe. What are the odds?

Capped last night with a HB Strata IPA
IMG_7474.JPG

Belgian Tripel, just kegged and quicke-carbed. Drinking very well already. Pretty heavy on the ethanol/banana right now and slightly sweeter than I'd like but we'll see how it ages...View attachment 656932
Nice to see someone using the same high quality glassware that I do.

7E988960-5A6B-405B-A850-9AA84C53EB24.jpeg

Because of the large mashes required for RIS's and barleywines, I made a mash tun from a 65 quart cooler. I call it the MonsterMash. So far, I've only filled it up halfway!

This is 11.7 gallons and has 28lbs of grain with a qt/lb thickness. Could take a little more water but then would have to boil longer...2 he already

Drinking a RIS while boiling the RIS
IMG_7477.JPG

Probably not advisable but I'm going for round two of my 13.6% ABV Tripel, Final Absolution clone. I think it could be legitimately labeled "Eighteen Feet Under" (because it's a Tripel) or "Driver's Bane."
I did end up raking the leaves. They were actually a piece of cake since they weren't piled feet deep on the lawn.
round two.jpg

Latest posts

Back