What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blaaam!!

View attachment 104340

This and '12 are there, no '13. I wanna try it, but this one's drinking pretty good right now.

I've only hat the '12, but I wasn't impressed. Seemed simplistic and one dimensional to me. And if I recall correctly, doesn't New Belgium pasteurize it so it won't gain much from aging?

I've only hat the '12, but I wasn't impressed. Seemed simplistic and one dimensional to me. And if I recall correctly, doesn't New Belgium pasteurize it so it won't gain much from aging?

They have since '10. 2009 was the last of the cork and cage bottles with dregs in 'em. And yeah, I wouldn't say it ages like an unfiltered bottle conditioned sour, but the flavors meld a bit and it gains some complexity, IMO.

My WH Honey Porter as I prepare to backsweeten and bottle my Gerwurtzraminer.

ForumRunner_20130228_162121.jpg

Wheat wine. If I need 4 for nationals (hopefully) and I'm saving a case for next year, I've got about 2 left :(

Looks nice!:tank:

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out for something I converted to all grain and brewed as a novelty. On #2 as this wine goes into bottles. Made the wine for the wife, but don't know if I'm gonna share...

ForumRunner_20130228_165636.png

Porter

was wanting another glass of stout but it was taken off the shifter list because it is selling faster than expected...makes me :) and :( at the same time.

Trying a Grizzly Bear Imperial Brown Ale from my local Tap & Table. I'd get all BJCP judge critiquing on it, but I lack any skill in describing a beer beyond, "Damn! That's a good beer!", "it was good, I'd probably get it again.", and "I've had actual moose piss that tasted better than that!". So, this one is good. I'd probably get it again.

bottlebomber said:
I'm playing kick the keg at the local pizza pub. They want this keg of Ninkasi Sleigh'r out. If I kick it I get my last 2 beers free :mug:

You make it so very difficult to like you. :p

Just picked up two bottles of Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree

Oh soooo good. I had a New Belgium Ranger IPA before so with this being 12% I think it's the last one for the night.

I'm gonna look for that this weekend.

another of my Weizenbock. I now have 2 left in the fridge. I need to get my Wrong Direction APA going and a SMaSH with some experimental blend.

It's ok a bit too light for my taste.. like my saisons stronger though.

I've been seeing this (and the others) for months and wanting to try it, but it's one of those beers that had to wait for me to get on a Belgian kick. I picked up this, the 8 and the 10 and decided to go in numerical order. This one is great! Strong but restrained maltiness, very low bitterness, a soft sour note and finishes pretty dry with an almost astringent sensation.

20130228_202500.jpg

I've been seeing this (and the others) for months and wanting to try it, but it's one of those beers that had to wait for me to get on a Belgian kick. I picked up this, the 8 and the 10 and decided to go in numerical order. This one is great! Strong but restrained maltiness, very low bitterness, a soft sour note and finishes pretty dry with an almost astringent sensation.

The 10 is like a port wine. Beautiful fig and plum notes. Makes me thirsty for one right now!:mug:

20130228_195127_Ivan.jpg

Baxter brewing stowaway IPA on tap at a local food place. Very pleased with the food, and the local beer selection, not so psyched with the glassware killing the rocky head I usually see on this IPA

The candles provided some interesting backlight.

The last little bit of the Gerwurtzraminer that wouldn't fill a bottle. I may have sweetened a little too much for my taste, but the wife should like it.

ForumRunner_20130228_190735.jpg

My first attempt at a CYBI Moose Drool clone. I'm usually much more patient with my brews as I just kegged this night before last. Can't wait to do a side by side comparison after its conditioned a little more. Although, from what I can tell so far, I may be dedicating a tap to this one!

Latest posts

Back