What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@PianoMan’s HB Papaya Wheat while making tacos. Lots of papaya, and sweeter than expected.
34eoit5.jpg[ing]
That papaya did come though for sure but never again. If you think that's sweet wait till the Raspberry Hard lemonade..a bit too imho.

That papaya did come though for sure but never again. If you think that's sweet wait till the Raspberry Hard lemonade..a bit too imho.

The sweetness was perfect for the beer. What did you use to sweeten?

The sweetness was perfect for the beer. What did you use to sweeten?
It was a basic PM wheat beer. Actually a No-Boil experiment beer. Mashed grains to 180F then chilled and added DME. Hops were boiled on the side for 5min then added through a strainer. Uses Danstar Windsor Dry yeast. After 2 days fermentation added about 4lbs of freshly cut papaya and sat for 7days or so. It was about 6 weeks kegged prior to sending out.

It was a basic PM wheat beer. Actually a No-Boil experiment beer. Mashed grains to 180F then chilled and added DME. Hops were boiled on the side for 5min then added through a strainer. Uses Danstar Windsor Dry yeast. After 2 days fermentation added about 4lbs of freshly cut papaya and sat for 7days or so. It was about 6 weeks kegged prior to sending out.

Ok, no lactose. I was expecting a mango-ish Wit. This was a nice summer beer. Now this @PianoMan Gin/Lime Gose, before I mow the lawn, Tasty
atxnb9.jpg[ing]

Post lawn mowing Nightcap with this @PianoMan BA Quad. Very Caramelly, and smooth. Hard to tell it’s 11%. Good stuff.
33to8ba.jpg[img]

Last edited:
I'm jealous. Have never made it to Pulpit Rock, or had any of their beers.

Recipe or link to recipe?? Warm fermented lager sounds up my alley

It's pretty basic. 12lbs two row, 2lbs pilsner. Mash at 152-154 for 60 minutes. I typically do a 90 minute boil - for hops, you can go traditional with Tettnanger and Spalt, or what I did was Cascade for bittering at 60 and Amarillo for a bit of flavor at 30. YMMV with SG and FG, my efficiency is bouncing up and down right now.

Here's the fun part; and may I suggest checking out the Warm Fermented Lager thread here at HBT as well. I would suggest using 34/70 or Safale-23 as your yeast; others may disagree, but I've had good luck with both. TEMPERATURE CONTROL IS KEY. You can do a lager at ale temps, but if you have huge temperature fluctuations, you're gonna have a bad time. A swamp cooler or a fermentation fridge will be perfect.

I've gone grain to glass with 3 of these bad boys so far in about 14 days. Compared to "traditional" lagers, that's amazing. I've done four, one of them turned out with a 'weird' fruity taste that I didn't like so it got dumped, but the others were eminently delicious and drinkable.

Good morning, got the day off today so I’ll probably get a couple of boxes ready for shipping (again, damn you Doug)
n183o5.jpg[img]

HB - Cherry Nyquil
It's a cherry heavy beast! It's thick! It's tart! It's 8% so ... there's that, too. It's going to get some amylase to boost the ABV and hopefully offset some of the thickness.
Cherry Berliner Weisse 27JULY2018.jpg

Okay, so this isn't head, and I am not sure what it is. Whatever it is, it is creamy.
IMG_20180727_120925.jpg

Last edited:
HB - Cherry Berliner Weisse Milkshake
It's a cherry heavy beast! It's thick! It's tart! It's 8% so ... there's that, too. It's going to get some amylase to boost the ABV and hopefully fight some of the thickness.

Okay, so this isn't head, and I am not sure what it is. Perhaps related to the lactose? Whatever it is, it is creamy.
View attachment 581007

I want.

Just added the amylase, so we'll see where that takes us. I am hoping to get this down, way down. OG was quite high (1.166), and the yeast brought it down to 1.104. I am hoping I can get it down to around 1.080 or less. That'll give me somewhere around 11% ... I was shooting for something a little higher, but at this point I just want to cut down on the thickness so I'll take what I can get. Crossing fingers!

It's too thick as it is ... almost like cough syrup. I could bottle it as Nyquil (literally and figuratively).

Having a Hot Pepper Pale Ale At Big Slide Brewery in Lake Placid. The beer is “an American pale ale brewed with 15 lbs of Pablano peppers & 2 lbs of fresh jalapeños. Peppers were cold steeped in beer during the conditioning phase after fermentation was compete. Aromas of fresh peppers& subtle spiciness....”
IMG_2415.jpg

HAHA it's one of those things that semi-old bastitches like me use when paying bills that aren't on autopay, or when i'm actually sending something by mail.
how was the Narwhal?
Damn good. BA is a little light but 3yrs in nothing adversed noticed. They have some aged Boulevard Smokehouse series also for the same $18. Which reminds me...

Latest posts

Back