What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And back to the East...

image-2289111405.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
nice! what yeast did you use? Nelson & Citra are 2 of my favorites.

coconut stout a fellow home brewer gave me in Worthington.

ECY03 - I took about 10 pics and that was best. It's more of a golden orange color. Still no lacing, but head retention is much improved with some oat malt.

Ericbme said:
Allagash 2009 confluence...starting the night off right!

So far, you're winning the thread tonight. I say this because the app has no like. Maybe if I for HBT $20 they will buy a like button for the app.

2nd beer I've had from Anchorage. Not as good as Galaxy White IPA, but still excellent.

image-1714813979.jpg

WesleyS said:
That's one of my favorites!

I am consistently impressed with Firestone Walker's beers. This one is no exception! I would buy it a lot more if it were distributed in IL. Every time I go to St. Louis for dinner or to see friends I pick up something FSW.

Okay, now that I have taken a drink, I can say that it's light, crisp, and not overly Rauch-y. I had the Sam Adams Campfire Rauchbier, which tasted like 12oz. of mesquite water, and was expecting more of the same. I can taste the smoky malts, but it doesn't overwhelm my nose and tongue. I can recommend this beer.

I just finished a shower and a shave, which means I've let my beer sit and warm up for the past few minutes. It's tasting rauch-ier, but still not like a cup of liquid smoke. It's actually better than it was half an hour ago.

20130203_201136_zps6c8dd64a.jpg

Even the glare from the camera flash can't make Alison Brie less hot. The beer is pretty cool, too. And, it's from Sprecher, which surprised me.

Just dusted Nebraska Hop God barrel aged bottle conditioned belgian ipa. Think the barrel/bottle aging did a number on the hops but hop bomb or not (its not) this was a fantastic beer!

image-3654686507.jpg

eric19312 said:
Just dusted Nebraska Hop God barrel aged bottle conditioned belgian ipa. Think the barrel/bottle aging did a number on the hops but hop bomb or not (its not) this was a fantastic beer!

Love that beer! I had it when I was on a work trip to Omaha last year.

20130203_201136_zps6c8dd64a.jpg

Even the glare from the camera flash can't make Alison Brie less hot. The beer is pretty cool, too. And, it's from Sprecher, which surprised me.

Looks like she doesnt like that ufo mole on her face.:cross:
Sprecher surprises me once in a while, I really like their english pale ale, alot of their stuff I havent liked or was ok. I would have not guess sprecher with that label at all though, hope to check that one out soon. I still have a few of their other terrible doubleipa in my beer fridge yet.:p Maybe Ill finish one of those off next.

Citra Bomb just sounds delicious!

It is. I was in the mood for a good lager, and, having not eaten since breakfast, what I really needed was something more sustaining. This does the trick.

I had a conversation with a coworker, with whom I swap beers (he and I sort of founded a club at work, to that effect), and he explained to me that his big problem with overly hoppy beer is that it tends to taste like grapefruit juice. I didn't agree with his point - I'm a hop nut - but this Citra Bomb does lend credibility to his argument.

Brett finished saison. Might be my 16E entry this year. Not really ready to drink, but it's hard to stay out of homebrew that drinks like $10+ store bought.

image-3472808604.jpg

Ag White House Honey porter. Just got done juicing 1gal of lemon juice by hand. The skeeter pee I make with it better be epic

Back