What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another dubble

image.jpeg

That's a big deal man, congratulations! Picked a thesis?

Retail and hb english porter.

Same project as if I would have done master's just now more depth. Trying to use new ambient ionization techniques to do Metabolomics of soybean leaves. Many papers will come of it and cheers thanks!!

View attachment 1499303620045.jpg

Same project as if I would have done master's just now more depth. Trying to use new ambient ionization techniques to do Metabolomics of soybean leaves. Many papers will come of it and cheers thanks!!

Biochemistry is a weakness. I have Great Courses on Tape of the subject, aka laymen version. So why soybeans, if you dont mind?

Level up from 8% sake to 15%.

View attachment 1499308443596.jpg

MMM homebrew Centennial, Citra, Cascade IPA. Prolly the same thing I was drinking the last time I checked in on this thread. It's getting to the really really nom nom nom stage, like we're gonna wish we did 10 gal instead of 5 gal, because even though we're trying not to schnorck it down too quick, it's awfully tasty.

5 gal of lighter beer just getting carbed is NOT going to be a good substitute, OK but not nearly as good. And the Centennial IPA is only 4 days old so....damn.

Biochemistry is a weakness. I have Great Courses on Tape of the subject, aka laymen version. So why soybeans, if you dont mind?

Level up from 8% sake to 15%.

Sounds tasty!!

Nobody else has done this research yet in the field for metabolomic profiling, we also have a world renowned collaborator who is supplying samples, the goal their is to profile based upon growing conditions.. and that's where genomics and botany get involved and I tune out. Let alone soybeans are one of the most important cash crops and sources for protein in the 21st century

View attachment 406565

Its crap. But congrats Rev. a PhD is awesome (even if its just getting in). Those degrees are worth a ton, you just need to take the long view on value.

Thanks man! I'm seeing short term and hating the thought of long term.. everyone will be guaranteed a 3 year rollercoaster of stress and beer lol

Another HB, not the last. A good day was almost ruined by a certain someone who texted me

Attachments

• 1499312514167.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 28
MMM homebrew Centennial, Citra, Cascade IPA. Prolly the same thing I was drinking the last time I checked in on this thread. It's getting to the really really nom nom nom stage, like we're gonna wish we did 10 gal instead of 5 gal, because even though we're trying not to schnorck it down too quick, it's awfully tasty.

5 gal of lighter beer just getting carbed is NOT going to be a good substitute, OK but not nearly as good. And the Centennial IPA is only 4 days old so....damn.

Sounds delicious... And I know the pain lol

Last week I found a couple bottles of Berliner Weiss I had made and thought I finished ages ago. It was at least a year old. I haven't looked though my notes, but the date on the bottle said February, and I know it wasn't Feb 2017.

When I think of beers that do well with age I think of 9%+ ABV ales, or 7%+ ABV lagers, or true lambics with living cultures of Lacto and Pedio. This was a kettle-soured beer that might have made it to 3.5%, was horrible until it was somewhere between 4-6 months old, and it still tasted great after all that time.

What is ridiculous is that despite how it turned out after a few months, being one of the beers I've enjoyed the most, I still have only made that one batch of it.

Hey everyone, I just created a Home Brew trade thread, similar to the Fellowship of the Drink. If anyone is interested in accepting and sharing home brew please join in, you'll see familiar faces. @RevKev @Remmy @Brizzo

FotHB I

Coffee...for now...

Back