What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlier today, Grimm Super Spruce.

IMG_1194.jpg

Like the home made hand pump!

How's the Director's?
I've been eyeing that one up for a while from my Graham Wheeler's Brew Your own British Ale book.

That's the recipe I used. Like the author says, it goes well with food (like a Thanksgiving dinner). Not my favorite recipe that I have tried from the book.

Hey @afro_lou, how is that beer? I've never been to or tried any Fieldworks beers. But I'm on their mailing list, and am interested in stopping there next time I trek up to the Santa Rosa and Petaluma area on a beer run. I see they also just canned their NEIPA style beer called Pulp for the first time. Have you had a chance to try that one yet? If so how is it?

Siesta Key limited edition beer barrel rum, award winning and sort of beer related. Awesome rum to serve neat or over a bit of ice.

Hey @afro_lou, how is that beer? I've never been to or tried any Fieldworks beers. But I'm on their mailing list, and am interested in stopping there next time I trek up to the Santa Rosa and Petaluma area on a beer run. I see they also just canned their NEIPA style beer called Pulp for the first time. Have you had a chance to try that one yet? If so how is it?

Fieldwork is awesome! I've been VERY impressed with what they're putting out. They do great versions of both west and east coast IPAs, and their kettle sours/goses are awesome as well. Not to mention their porters/stouts! Really an excellent brewery all around. ALMOST as good as Cellarmaker. [emoji6]

The cans I've got are Fog Cutter, which is their tropical sour. Passion fruit, Sour Cherries, lime, and mosaic hops, if I'm not mistaken. It's a really nice Berliner style beer, nice tartness and not overly sweet.

I was at the can release in Napa on the 23rd, and it was ridiculous. I was in line at 10:45, there were maybe 15 people in front of me, and they sold out of Pulp and Bad Conduct in 9 minutes. 9. Minutes. Only the first 12 people in line got them. Ridiculous. At least they gave everyone a pint of Pulp as a consolation prize. Plus they had plenty for growler and crowler fills. But still.

Anyway, if you're in Berkeley or Napa or even Sacramento, definitely stop in! They've always got a great rotating selection, and they do some of the best crowler fills anywhere.

Latest posts

Back