What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a very unproductive afternoon and drinking the last Pumpkin Spice I have left from last falls batch. Anyone have any recommendations on good fall beers? Its about that time and I am a little burnt out on pumpkin spice. Its been my fall beer the last two years.

IMG_20160807_175818.jpg

Having a very unproductive afternoon and drinking the last Pumpkin Spice I have left from last falls batch. Anyone have any recommendations on good fall beers? Its about that time and I am a little burnt out on pumpkin spice. Its been my fall beer the last two years.

I like a good malty brown beer in fall. ESB, mild, brown.

I have taken to keeping a ball jar full of oak cubes/bourbon/vanilla beans. It's the best idea I ever had. When the oak and vanilla gets too strong.... Add bourbon!

Pot of coffee down. Spent my day playing with the baby and looking for jobs on the computer. Ready for a beer.

You out of work again??? ... :mug:

I know pumpkin spice gets a bit old but if you haven't tried Schlafly's pumpkin ale, it is definitely worth a try. Prob the best example I've had out there. Super solid beer and my go to for fall. Look forward to it every year.

I rarely drink on Sunday, but I've been off work for the last week and am not looking forward to going back tomorrow. So I'm enjoying an HB Belgian IPA on my porch and pretending my vacation isn't over

Make sure you have two mash tuns!

I'm having one right now after a pull of saison.

View attachment 365342

I don't get one thing, how did you boil two gallons in an hour. Love the recipe. I think 4 ounces in a dry hop wouldn't hurt it. Is the idea with the strong beers to make a lot of wort and boil it down to 5 gallons? You would like this water.

Attachments

• 1470619530027.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 72
Yep. The layoff I dodged three months ago finally caught up with me. The last three months were stressful enough for me to not really mind. In a lot better position this time to go find something that won't be short term.

Goot luck Mr. Patrick ... :ban:

second coffee with some nuts & dried fruit we mix up & stash by 1/4C in snack bags. Temp coming down nicely in Mumme primary, should be settling nicely...:tank:

Latest posts

Back