What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found a 6er of Ballast Point (Grapefruit Sculpin) in Michigan. How is that possible? They don't distribute here, do they?

It doesn't have a date on it, that I can find, and it was warm, so I cannot taste it to see if it is complete ****. But when did it become possible to buy Ballast Point in Michigan?

Ballast point uses Julian dating. There should be a 5 digit code. For example, 15321 would be November 17th 2015 (321st date of 2015). Also, seekabrew.com shows that it distributes to Michigan.

Water. After further investigation, I've wasted several hours on a data line that simply isn't my problem. The switch is dead, or the fiber from the switch is dead, or something else that was never my problem.

Sounds like you need to take a page from @billyklub book and staRt berry punching the IT guy

Ballast point uses Julian dating. There should be a 5 digit code. For example, 15321 would be November 17th 2015 (321st date of 2015). Also, seekabrew.com shows that it distributes to Michigan.

Thanks. I'll look at them. Looks like they started distributing here within the past 2 weeks. I found an article from last month saying that they would start "before the end of the year".

EDIT: 15313, so November 9, 2015?

Thanks. I'll look at them. Looks like they started distributing here within the past 2 weeks. I found an article from last month saying that they would start "before the end of the year".

Hey Ridire. Yeah we get BP now, I believe it landed around black Friday time but got lost in the hubbub that is BCBS release. I've found the grocery stores get mainly Sculpin and GF Sculpin around here while the bottle shops get the rest of the line. I've also found Alpine Nelson, Hoppy Birthday and Duet from Alpine brewing but they partner with Greenflash so its weird the Alpine beer is in Greenflash bottles. I loved Nelson that one lived up to the hype and Duet was pretty good too, look for those also.

Sounds like you need to take a page from @billyklub book and staRt berry punching the IT guy

I had to make him go next door and test it himself. Then I sent him to get a laptop to plug in directly to the switch. Then I told him to email his boss and my boss with his findings. I'm all about being a team player, but he pushed it this time. Luckily there's one user on that switch and she's been out since Monday.

Need to gift a bottle of Scotch to someone. Don't know **** about it. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? ($50-$100)

Bought a bottle of 15 year Macallan fine oak for $100 for someone (doesnt hurt that he is going to split/share it with me) Its the one that goes through three different barrels. Is that like triple hopping?

I had to make him go next door and test it himself. Then I sent him to get a laptop to plug in directly to the switch. Then I told him to email his boss and my boss with his findings. I'm all about being a team player, but he pushed it this time. Luckily there's one user on that switch and she's been out since Monday.

I am an IT guy and even I would check the switch first. That guy is a dick.

Just had a Brown Shugga leftover from thanksgiving. I know I am a heathen for storing it that long. And Holy Carp is it raining hard.

Not yet, just said they want to but don't know where to start.

If they aren't currently a scotch drinker, then definitely don't go for an Islay like Laphroaig or Lagavulin. I stick by Glenfarclas 12 as a great option for someone getting into scotch, but other good choices would be Balvenie, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich. And definitely no need to buy a $100 bottle when a $40-50 would suffice. Just my opinion.

If they aren't currently a scotch drinker, then definitely don't go for an Islay like Laphroaig or Lagavulin. I stick by Glenfarclas 12 as a great option for someone getting into scotch, but other good choices would be Balvenie, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich. And definitely no need to buy a $100 bottle when a $40-50 would suffice. Just my opinion.

But if you're willing to go $100, get the Glenlivet 18 year. Last time I bought it, I think I paid about $90. I personally prefer it to the $300 bottles of blended stuff I have.

Finishing up some coffee. I have to work half a day tomorrow and next Monday, then I get the rest of the year off and get to hit the slopes!! I cannot wait to be boarding Keystone a week from today and Taos the rest of the week after that. So much fun to look forward to. Cheers all! :mug:

You driving thru town? I got some CS set aside.

Helluva Caucasian Stout

View attachment 1450912293529.jpg

HB Allagash White clone

image.jpg

Unfortunately yes haha. I can get more BCBS for you if youd like!

I'm set, unless you got varieties.
I'll PM you about IP trade date / time.
I haven't even been skiing yet this year. They are getting tons of snow, and there is a new brewery open in Dillon right off I-70.

I'm set, unless you got varieties.
I'll PM you about IP trade date / time.
I haven't even been skiing yet this year. They are getting tons of snow, and there is a new brewery open in Dillon right off I-70.

Sounds good! Ill be in Dillon Tuesday night and Wednesday. So happy to see the amount of snow they are getting.

Unfortunately yes haha. I can get more BCBS for you if youd like!

Yes please. I just gave 2 of my remaining 5 to our favorite glass breaker from Ohio where they don't sell the stuff. Need to work out a restock of a couple.... And a mountain standard. Yeah.... I need your distro. Let me know what you want.

Yes please. I just gave 2 of my remaining 5 to our favorite glass breaker from Ohio where they don't sell the stuff. Need to work out a restock of a couple.... And a mountain standard. Yeah.... I need your distro. Let me know what you want.

I can do that in a few months. Shoot me a pm!

Back