What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full Throttle... can't wait to go home on lunch and do some plumbing. Damn faucet handle stripped out because the spindle wouldn't seal and now it's got a nice steady drip going, not sure if it's o-rings or the washer or if the seat itself is bunged up.

Merry Floccin' Christmas!

All I have to say is damn, @Brizzo you are a machine. Talk about some dedication to get that house fixed up. I honestly would have approached it with a "its good enough for now" attitude and redone a room at a time after I moved in. Is this an investment/rental or a I am living here home?

Coffee at work. Got a full day today, and another tomorrow. Might get out a little early tomorrow though. I am not motivated at all today. Thankfully no one has had the brilliant idea of broadcasting holiday music in the office or I would have to lose it and engineer a building wide power outage or something.

Coffee #2. Full day today and a full day tomorrow, then off for a few days. Gotta drop the kids off at the in-laws after work today and then maybe go shopping.

Kind of bland, but it is a lager so not sure what I expected
View attachment 324569

That's like saying 'this beer is hoppy, but I should have known because it's an ale'

Mad Elf at a scout leader planning meeting.
View attachment 324577

Riiight, 'planning meeting' ;)

Water, run, water, coff. Foggy morning. NYC is somewhere in that direction:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450881876.846760.jpg

Day of household chores ahead. All the stuff I've been putting off for a while. Still better than work.

Coff. Told the IT guy I had lines in and still no network, walk in his office ten minutes later and he's playing some RPG on his iPad. I'm done.

Breakfast of champions!
View attachment 324663

Jealous. So, so jealous.

Full Throttle... can't wait to go home on lunch and do some plumbing. Damn faucet handle stripped out because the spindle wouldn't seal and now it's got a nice steady drip going, not sure if it's o-rings or the washer or if the seat itself is bunged up.

Merry Floccin' Christmas!

Hope it's a quick fix!

Coffee-flavored sugar at the airport.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450886230.717069.jpg

Coffee. Still unsure if I'm working tomorrow or not. The good news is that my yeast finally woke up and my IPA is chugging away after a 50+ hour lag time. Anyone here ever use that organic imperial yeast?

Coffee. Still unsure if I'm working tomorrow or not. The good news is that my yeast finally woke up and my IPA is chugging away after a 50+ hour lag time. Anyone here ever use that organic imperial yeast?

I've used their wit strain, which is the quickest and most aggressive yeast I have ever used. Krausen started within two hours and the 1 liter starter was flowing over my 2 liter flask within a few hours after that. The slurry I got was from a brewery though, so who knows if that makes a difference or not.

I've used their wit strain, which is the quickest and most aggressive yeast I have ever used. Krausen started within two hours and the 1 liter starter was flowing over my 2 liter flask within a few hours after that. The slurry I got was from a brewery though, so who knows if that makes a difference or not.

Yeah this was the Independence strain straight from the can. Let the yeast warm to 65* and the wort cool to 80* to prevent shock. Was about to scramble to bottle a different batch for the yeast. Never had that long of a lag time even when just sprinkling in dry yeast.

Yeah this was the Independence strain straight from the can. Let the yeast warm to 65* and the wort cool to 80* to prevent shock. Was about to scramble to bottle a different batch for the yeast. Never had that long of a lag time even when just sprinkling in dry yeast.

The yeast in a can idea is great and all, but doing a starter beforehand to make sure the yeast is active and to decrease the lag time is a big advantage IMO. At least its moving along now though!

Lunch beers turned into a **** show. A couple all day ipa's, was going to have a third but the keg kicked so the bartender gave me half pint on the house then tossed a southern ipa to me for not having what I wanted. Bit much to throw down in half an hour before returning to do space stuff. Thirsty now.

.. Bit much to throw down in half an hour before returning to do space stuff. Thirsty now.

Probably best not to work too hard the rest of the day.

Flopnik
Vanguard_TV_3.jpg

Need to gift a bottle of Scotch to someone. Don't know **** about it. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? ($50-$100)

Latest posts

Back