What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some experimenting with the same hop schedule/grain bill with a single 60 and 10 min addition, then dry hopped with mass amounts of a single variety of hop.

Totally changed the beer... and since I drink 5 gal in a couple weeks, degradation wasn't a major issue. Was just playing with perceived flavor from strong aromas and the result was excellent. Juicy as hell, those beers.

I would guess those wouldn't have aged gracefully.

I'll do my best to see that they don't reach maturity. I was really surprised by how much the flavor changed with a dry hop.

Just poured the first pint of my Christmas beer that I have lovingly named after the greatest Christmas movie ever. My... Is your house on fire? Cinnamon milk stout.

No photo because its too dark and I'm too lazy and tired to turn the lights on

Had a Resurgence IPA, been meaning to get down to their brewery to try that Loganberry Wit (what sounds more like buffalo !!) Old fashioned and much needed muscle relaxation

Just poured the first pint of my Christmas beer that I have lovingly named after the greatest Christmas movie ever. My... Is your house on fire? Cinnamon milk stout.

No photo because its too dark and I'm too lazy and tired to turn the lights on

OH Aunt Bethany, I agree great movie.

Coffee underway ... tough to pass time since I am avoiding FB or websites that might throw out a spoiler. Everyone set to watch this weekend?

blue harvest nodding.gif

Spent all day at the hospital with my youngest and momma. He had to have tubes put in and his adenoids taken out. Everything went well. He has to stay over night for observation. That means guys night with my oldest. Pizza, juice, beer, and Toy Story. View attachment 323375

Hoping the little one recovers quickly!
Toy Story trilogy ranks among the best Trilogy ever!

Coffee
No pic! Didn't happen!

By the time I finally made it home last night, the wife was already asleep. Had to get up early this morning to bring my laptop in to the office for an upgrade. Working off a loaner for today, good excuse not to get much done.

Spent all day at the hospital with my youngest and momma. He had to have tubes put in and his adenoids taken out. Everything went well. He has to stay over night for observation. That means guys night with my oldest. Pizza, juice, beer, and Toy Story. View attachment 323375

Glad to hear all went well - hopefully he bounces back quickly (which thankfully is usually the case with young ones!)

More Coffee.

Attachments

• clock going backwards.gif
    clock going backwards.gif
    417.9 KB · Views: 52
Anybody here had Reclaimed Rye from Creature Comforts before? Sounds delicious and I'm interested in brewing something similar.

They don't provide much detail online, so I reached out to the brewery to get some recipe info. I got some guidance (no numbers), but not much on hops other than 'all of our hop additions are in the whirlpool for this one'.

So, anyone had it before and care to offer insight on the hop flavors? Maybe @skeezerpleezer ?

Bourbon at the office. Celebrating getting my Christmas bonus before Christmas eve, unlike previous years. Looking forward to walking around center city with a heavy check all afternoon until I can deposit it.

Unfortunately, no. We are open for business up until Wednesday afternoon. We are kicking off a Christmas party at the office at 2pm on the 23rd, off the 24th and 25th. Will you be in the city next week?

No, have to work until 2 on Wednesday which around the time my folks will arrive. Will be in family mode through Sunday.

No, have to work until 2 on Wednesday which around the time my folks will arrive. Will be in family mode through Sunday.

Ditto. Its always fun getting my FIL to try some craft beer, though. He can plow through a case of the Beast, but give him a Chimay and it puts him on his ass. That will be both Christmas day and the day after Christmas.

Bourbon at the office. Celebrating getting my Christmas bonus before Christmas eve, unlike previous years. Looking forward to walking around center city with a heavy check all afternoon until I can deposit it.

Nice! Congrats. Bonus season is the bomb.

Nice! Congrats. Bonus season is the bomb.

It is. Makes it even better that I'm giving notice next year. Just waiting for the right offer to come along elsewhere. This place is stagnant. Its been close to two years with no pay raise, I've been here going on 10 years and still no promotions. I think its time to move on.

Had a run, and coffee. Could barely get any speed and the distance sucked. Just felt like the legs were a bit of jelly.

Then I figured I 'danced' for three hours straight last night. :drunk:

Lunch biers soon, took a sanity day to celebrate getting a year closer to death.

My bonus got disappeared the day after I got it. Typical. Wife was shopping online in the car, between stores. The trunk of the car was almost empty and we spent 1500 bucks in three hours.

Coffee x 20. I drank nothing last night and I feel like I drank everything.

Had a run, and coffee. Could barely get any speed and the distance sucked. Just felt like the legs were a bit of jelly.

Lunch biers soon, took a sanity day to celebrate getting a year closer to death.

I scrolled right past it, I bet. Who'd you go see? I need to get a rock n' roll show in me before I forget how to mosh.

My bonus got disappeared the day after I got it. Typical. Wife was shopping online in the car, between stores. The trunk of the car was almost empty and we spent 1500 bucks in three hours.

Coffee x 20. I drank nothing last night and I feel like I drank everything.

Yep, that's generally how it goes.
We were anticipating the amount of my bonus. Its going to the bank and then right to the Mouse for May and August of next year.

Coffee underway ... tough to pass time since I am avoiding FB or websites that might throw out a spoiler. Everyone set to watch this weekend?

I am going to a free private showing on Monday, I have to avoid the media until then.

Coffee, going shopping for the wife, taking the kids to pick something out for her tomorrow.

Happy birthday @banesong

I think I may be the only one who doesn't have tickets to see Star Wars. I'll see it...soon.

So I don't know what I missed, but I hope everyone is healthy, happy, a little buzzed, not too bogged down by heavy bonus checks, kids are recovering from surgeries, and if @banesong that was your way of saying it is your birthday then Happy Birthday.

Whatever I didn't cover is going to be the fault of @thecadjockey

On topic: protein shake and water.

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday!

coffee why I'm I at work. There is no one here and nothing (not really) to do

I scrolled right past it, I bet. Who'd you go see? I need to get a rock n' roll show in me before I forget how to mosh.

Thievery Corporation. They are an electronica/samba/reggae mash up. SWMBO loves them, i drink at the bar. :D

Hey, the rock sitar numbers were pretty darn good.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday @banesong

and if @banesong that was your way of saying it is your birthday then Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks, all!

Scary special day... Just dropped the car for service and will be eating lunch at the grocery store while I wait. Wooooo!

Agua.

Thievery Corporation. They are an electronica/samba/reggae mash up. SWMBO loves them, i drink at the bar. :D

Hey, the rock sitar numbers were pretty darn good.

Thanks, all!

Scary special day... Just dropped the car for service and will be eating lunch at the grocery store while I wait. Wooooo!

Agua.

Thievery Corporation is aight. My old boss is a huge fan.

I may be on my 2nd pot of coffee. Hard to tell when you share coffee with ~70 people.

Back