What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPIM1758.jpg

Steeltoe Rainmaker Red. Surprising hops on this one, but a good tasting hopped amber with a slight roasty hint to it. Nice to end the night on.

Was able to find in a local store the Widmer Brrrbon 2010, 2011, and 2012. Bought a 12, but was very tempted to buy the others too. Also bought 2 more Deschutes Abyss. I guess I need to try one before aging them. Ill wait a few weeks for that though.

Red Hook copper hook. Not a bad beer, got a 12 pack variety sampler. I think I like the bottles most of all.

image-3174700872.jpg

Having a HB'ed Hefeweizen, and staring at my last 2 six packs of home brew. I gotta get busy brewing something. I'm thinking a Stout, and a Bitburger clone...

The one on the left. Cascadian Darkness.
Awesome. Clean hoppy, dry light roasty finish, bright yet black as doooom. Yessir, I will.

image-847902584.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Terrapin is fast becoming one of my favorite brewers.

I'm totally with you on Terrapin. Hopsecutioner and Cigar City Jai-Alai are my go to IPA's.

First time I've brewed this and I will tweak it a little next time. I also use locally grown & malted grains for the most part. But...

I'd do something like 40% Vienna, 30% pale, pils, or 2 row, 20% malted wheat, and 10% flaked grain of your choice. The flaked grain would be a tweak from this version, replacing 10% of the pale/pils and hopefully giving it better head retention. 10% turbinado sugar by extract, 1.062 OG, 1.004 FG. I used ECY03, wyeast 3726 or 3725 would be good choices, too IMO. Bittered with 1/2 oz Citra at 60, almost 1/2 oz ea nelson/citra at 15 and again at flameout. Dry hopped with oz of nelson for two weeks. I'd probably move first hop addition to 30 or 20 and dry hop with both. I also brewed a version with rye instead of wheat and citra dry hop. Rye/wheat might be better than all one or the other.

Bottle it up in some nice 750 ml corked bottles and take them up over lolo pass to those wonderful Idaho hot springs on the Lochsa and enjoy! Don't get sentimental for home much, especially not in the winter, but I sure do miss a good soak.

Right on Thanks a lot. I'll put it into Beersmith and see what i can get for grains today. Might even brew it this weekend. Way too many empty carboys it's just hard to brew when it's Zero degrees outside so i've been slacking.

Sours at Wicked Weed. Makes me really look forward to Catawba getting here. Blond not bad.

image-638202616.jpg

A Cooper's bitter that has me convinced to brew all grain. Never been unhappy with it before, but after a night of craft brew on New Years Eve it just doesn't cut it anymore.

This stuff is on tight rations, my man. At least until I brew another batch. You could always brew yourself a batch;)

I was only kidding, I always drink my last twelve pack alone, crying. Speaking of brewing, I need to get in a brew day soon, Heady and Zombie Dust clones and then 3 club brews in February. Time to stop slacking.

Right now a SN torpedo. I really have a hankering for an Avery Kaiser though. Trying to make the few I have last till my Kaiser clone is ready to drink.

I was only kidding, I always drink my last twelve pack alone, crying. Speaking of brewing, I need to get in a brew day soon, Heady and Zombie Dust clones and then 3 club brews in February. Time to stop slacking.

Nice! I want to brew myself a Zombie Dust clone. Wouldn't know if I pulled it off since I've never had Zombie Dust, but I figure it would be in the ball park.

Nice! I want to brew myself a Zombie Dust clone. Wouldn't know if I pulled it off since I've never had Zombie Dust, but I figure it would be in the ball park.

It's an elusive beer. Check out skeezer's clone here, that's pretty much what I'm brewing with an added mash hop addition and a bit more late hopping. I bought a few lbs of citra, so I figured I should do something good with some of 'em.

HPIM1760.jpg
This is a really nice pale ale. Lots of hops flavor and a lingering dry bitterness. Aroma's nice too, nice amount of dry hopping in this one. :mug:

Having my first SN Nahrwal. It's really good, and lives up to the hype I've seen on here. I'm going back next week to pick up a case, and cellar a bunch, so I can taste it over the next several months.

Back