What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the small beard-puller trying to steal the wifes portion

ForumRunner_20130102_181907.png

This is making me wish my Fuggles Ipa would hurry up and carb already. Pretty shure I could make this way cheaper and better(maybe),not that its bad-price is.

laverstoke.jpg

WesleyS said:
The problem is solved if you move out of her house. :p
What's funny is my mom and I always send each other pictures of beer and food. My wife thinks we're crazy.

If I could I would.

Got this from my wife for Christmas. It's pretty good. Could use more hop flavor and aroma though. But, very drinkable for 10%.

ForumRunner_20130102_202101.jpg

Victory Storm KIng. HOly crap-balls its good. This brewery is incredibly consistantly great. Almost every one has ever been like, wow! Good God its rediculous. And I remember when I didnt even like stouts........ ? I think they really deserve that name-Victory.

Man, second to last can of this and I almost didn't want to open it. So freakin good. Making another starter for a Black Butte Porter clone I am brewing tomorrow. Cheers fellas!

So jealous, that I will have to brew surly myself to even know. I think this will be my next brew,something from Surly-have not seen this one though.

^ Abrasive is pretty much one of my top 5 beers I have had. Easily top 3 IIPA. Its just so good. I was actually looking for a clone recipe. Anyone know of one? I seemed to find a few on the Interweb, but they were all very different. Would love to clone this b!tch!!

About to toss my glass of Old Rasputin after a few sips. This batch is severely oxidized. I thought I had lucked out finding an old dusty 4 pack thinking it would be well aged and delicious. I guess it was just a bad batch or poor handling.

Either way it tastes like cheese and wet cardboard and I've had the beer before so I know what it should taste like. I had the same experience with a bottle of Shark Attack from the same store. That was the first beer I had to toss.

Thinking I will replace it with some home brewed pumpkin ale.

bottlebomber said:
Many people don't like that beer, but I really enjoy it.

I hate dumping beer so I'm tryin to get through it. I got through Old School and have plenty of 211 under my belt.

I just had a glass of imperial oatmeal stout, this is the half of the batch that I've been aging on maple bourbon soaked oak, and it's now just about dead perfect. I'll be racking off the oak into a new keg later this week and carbing it up. I'd hoped to have to ready for homebrew club tomorrow but it looks like that will have to wait for next month :-(

Thor-Mjød.

ForumRunner_20130102_210337.png

Fermented/Degassed for over a year. Exhausted the champagne yeast, and is still too sweet, but 20%ABV, worthy of the red-bearded thunderer!
Made with juniper, hawthorn, birch, oak, and buckwheat honey.

Rogue hazelnut nectar from the bottle. I liked it much better from the tap. It seems like it's lacking some of the malt flavor I remember.

Latest posts

Back