What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whelp I'm apparently one of the few with power in my family so the folks are crashing over here. Getting my buzz on before they arrive. RoughTail Pale Ale is helping with my sanity.

There Gose Sea Breeze... with waves crashing in the darkness beyond. Red, comfy pants...ahhh.

IMG_20151128_193918148.jpg

How is it? I only got 1 yesterday. Probably gonna let it sit for a bit unless I can track down a couple more.

I'd let it sit if you can't find another. I have 4 right now with 4 more coming, so didn't hesitate to open a freshy.

It's just a tad warm (really not complaining), but I bet in 6 mo it would really be drinking well. Or better than it is now, I suppose. Really, if you want some bourbon in your life, just drink it.

I'd let it sit if you can't find another. I have 4 right now with 4 more coming, so didn't hesitate to open a freshy.

It's just a tad warm (really not complaining), but I bet in 6 mo it would really be drinking well. Or better than it is now, I suppose. Really, if you want some bourbon in your life, just drink it.

I spent my time standing in line at a brewery so I missed out at a lot of shops. I just set up the cellar at the new house yesterday. I have plenty of options so I'll let this one sit. Gonna try to get another one or two but they went very quickly around here.

I spent my time standing in line at a brewery so I missed out at a lot of shops. I just set up the cellar at the new house yesterday. I have plenty of options so I'll let this one sit. Gonna try to get another one or two but they went very quickly around here.

I don't plan to open another until my next kid is born (4/28 tentatively), fwiw. If I had to stand in line for one, I wouldn't be drinking it tonight.

Brett Bitter. Post-workout beer. Last weekend of very high rep endurance sets and I'll move on to 5x5s for a month, and then back to stupid active rest ascending sets for another month.

20151128_200953[1].jpg

I don't plan to open another until my next kid is born (4/28 tentatively), fwiw. If I had to stand in line for one, I wouldn't be drinking it tonight.

I save mine for when I have company. I talk about how good it is, then drink it all myself and profusely explain how they aren't worthy of my cellar. When they tell me im better then them I will let them have a taste. Maybe.

Seriously though, I've made it a point to start saving things for birthdays for my kids. When my daughter was born I cracked a three year old abyss. It's now the tradition for her birthday. Using bcbs would be a great tradition man.

I save mine for when I have company. I talk about how good it is, then drink it all myself and profusely explain how they aren't worthy of my cellar. When they tell me im better then them I will let them have a taste. Maybe.

What's it gonna take now to get a sip out of that sweet glass to match?

Salt, coriander, wheat, and lactic acid. Nightcap. Going to do some dishes and go to bed. Up early for a 7am kickoff against Chelsea tomorrow morning (and was up at 7am today for a very tense morning volunteer shift so I'm tired anyway). If we win and the Gooners lose or draw (Chelsea's been awful so my hopes are high even though we had a match in Azerbaijan on Thursday, which we won, but less hopeful that the Gooner scum fall to Norwich) we move into Champions League position, 2 points from the top, and in position to mount a serious title challenge. We haven't looked this good in years. Exciting time to be a Yiddo. COYS!

20151128_203925[1].jpg

Yeah, I'll likely leave my bottles for special occasions. After the 3 glasses last night leading to a hangover today, I'm sure I'll be able to hold off on drinking it any time soon.

Salt, coriander, wheat, and lactic acid. Nightcap. Going to do some dishes and go to bed. Up early for a 7am kickoff against Chelsea tomorrow morning (and was up at 7am today for a very tense morning volunteer shift so I'm tired anyway). If we win and the Gooners lose or draw (Chelsea's been awful so my hopes are high even though we had a match in Azerbaijan on Thursday, which we won, but less hopeful that the Gooner scum fall to Norwich) we move into Champions League position, 2 points from the top, and in position to mount a serious title challenge. We haven't looked this good in years. Exciting time to be a Yiddo. COYS!

By comparison, I suddenly feel really knowledgeable about (American) football.

Water while I pick out my next beer.

I'm a big fan of that one there.

Second pour after dinner warrants a shot. I'm not 100% turned off by the size of this bottle. Yes, it's a dirty money grab, but still a nice two-parter.

View attachment 319398

I have a couple from last year in the cellar, might need to do a comparison:D

More will be stashed away this year.

Second pour of the Gose.

I had to get some obnoxious song out of my head they were playing at the gym. Believe it or not, this is better. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of that one there.

Second pour after dinner warrants a shot. I'm not 100% turned off by the size of this bottle. Yes, it's a dirty money grab, but still a nice two-parter.

View attachment 319398

Meh, it's like a $0.05 per ounce increase over what I paid for bottles (not up here) last year.

Not bad in my book, those bottles probably weren't cheap to have custom molded. The new size makes it easier to share between two (~8 ounces each).

Meh, it's like a $0.05 per ounce increase over what I paid for bottles (not up here) last year.

Not bad in my book, those bottles probably weren't cheap to have custom molded. The new size makes it easier to share between two (~8 ounces each).

What is share?

Back