What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mediocre flight of Belgian Strongs. Moving on to hopefully better Strong Ales. At least an unexpected 4-1 domination over Man City makes up for bad homebrew.

Phew! Thanks for sharing Q..thought I was the only one with a bad brew once in a while. My DIPA came out with a nice REAL butter flavor, if anyone wants for their toast...before I drain it.

More coff after a golf lesson with the grandkids.

Phew! Thanks for sharing Q..thought I was the only one with a bad brew once in a while. My DIPA came out with a nice REAL butter flavor, if anyone wants for their toast...before I drain it.

I think we'd all be lying if we said we hit homers all the time. SonRise II or III was super thin and bitter. I drank it quick.

Mediocre flight of Belgian Strongs. Moving on to hopefully better Strong Ales. At least an unexpected 4-1 domination over Man City makes up for bad homebrew.

One for you.

Some happier times.

gazza_1666611a.jpg

Shame poor ol' Gazza's hit the skids so badly.

You judging a competition now? Second flight before noon, I guess you gotta be. ;)

I think we'd all be lying if we said we hit homers all the time. SonRise II or III was super thin and bitter. I drank it quick.

every beer I brew is the best beer ever brewed. I'd open a brewery, but I'd run every other brewery out of business. I'd share my recipes, but you don't want a nuke in the wrong hands.

Asian Store was closed. they went to a wedding out of state for a few days. good thing we're not out of the fancy mushroom soy sauce and vegetarian hot & sour soup mix.

I have some that are poorly conceived for sure, but generally all my beers are drinkable. Some are damned good though, if i do say so myself.

These weren't mine though.

One for you.

Some happier times.

gazza_1666611a.jpg

Shame poor ol' Gazza's hit the skids so badly.

You judging a competition now? Second flight before noon, I guess you gotta be. ;)

Yep. Comp.

Out of 9 entires only 3 broke 30 points, and only one more above 25. The Strong Ales were better though. We did give a 42. And one that would also be a 40+ if entered correctly (Brett Old Ale, wonderful beer but that much Brett isn't allowed in the style) it still got 2nd place though).

And it was pointed out to me the other day that this is the most consistently well the last few years that Spurs have done basically since before I was born. So that's the silver lining to the recent (and constant) frustration. But aside from losing the NLD (which we all obviously treat every NLD as a cup final), we seem to have found our form again. And Harry scored. So there's that too. Which will hopefully boost his confidence back up.

Had a few commercial beers at the associated festival and now heading a couple hours back home.

Shower beer now that the kid is down for her nap. Went to menards, the park, replaced a light switch... Wedding at 530, worst Saturday ever.

On the plus side, my buddy just picked up 2 packs of Nosferatu for me. Glad he made the trip instead of me.

View attachment 305720

Nap time in DFW too. All is quiet. Beer o'clock.

Sheesh, you've had a busy day. Definitely earned as shower beer or two.

Nap time in DFW too. All is quiet. Beer o'clock.

Sheesh, you've had a busy day. Definitely earned as shower beer or two.

Kid woke up at 1 and 3 last night, again at 545 for the day, I made pancakes, cleaned her pool, bought her her own sword at Walmart (foam) came home, 'sparred' for a bit, then hit up menards. And did the rest.

Yeah it's been feckin nuts today, but I'm giving the prego wife a break because she needs it.

Pull of cream, looks about to kick any moment.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443293836.424050.jpg

Kid woke up at 1 and 3 last night, again at 545 for the day, I made pancakes, cleaned her pool, bought her her own sword at Walmart (foam) came home, 'sparred' for a bit, then hit up menards. And did the rest.

Yeah it's been feckin nuts today, but I'm giving the prego wife a break because she needs it.

Pull of cream, looks about to kick any moment.

View attachment 305724

Looking good

Your glass matches your arm.:mug:

How is Founder's breakfast stout? About time to make a stout and there is a clone of this in the database I think. Something to think about.

Very slick pic. Is that in your garden?

It's straight coffee and bitter chocolates, much more chocolate comes through when it hits about 50 degrees or so, but that doesn't happen much.

My favorite coffee stout for sure.

Yes, that is my 'garden.' [emoji3]

How is Founder's breakfast stout? About time to make a stout and there is a clone of this in the database I think. Something to think about.

Very slick pic. Is that in your garden?

You can get it at Albertson's. I suggest you go now.

I'm thinking about it.

Hydrating with water before the kids' bday party with all of the other snooty parents in town. Fml. Best be alcohol there. Guarantee there's nothing but wine. ****.

The cool kids aren't broke. I shouldn't go drop ten bucks on a 4 pack right now.

Heard that. I drink Busch Light all year because fall is beer season.

Between Breakfast stout, Nosferatu, Mountain Standard, and Grand Teton's Pursuit of Hoppiness, I probably spend half my commercial beer budget during Sep./Oct.

Until Odell Runoff Red hits, those are my main purchases.

Heard that. I drink Busch Light all year because fall is beer season.

Between Breakfast stout, Nosferatu, Mountain Standard, and Grand Teton's Pursuit of Hoppiness, I probably spend half my commercial beer budget during Sep./Oct.

Until Odell Runoff Red hits, those are my main purchases.

I'm buying 2 packs on payday. Celebration season is right around the corner too, and Runoff is amazing.

Okay I think it may be beer time.

Never heard of any of these. I'm such a beer luddite. :confused:

Breakfast stout on my list next time I'm in Central Market picking up some caviar and lobster into which to stuff it.

Breakfast stout on my list next time I'm in Central Market picking up some caviar and lobster into which to stuff it.

2 mins into a root canal and you could afford about 16 4-packs lol.

You're going to stuff lobster with beer?

All kidding aside, you should get out more.

Back