What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My amazing pale ale... best beer to date. ALMOST an IPA.

ForumRunner_20121216_205153.jpg

Having a pretty tastey ESB-based from the Hombrewers recipe guide. Using some organic Hallertau hops.Turned out better than expected.A slight tweek or sub here and there.

Hop Wallop.. Decent but not I'm not crazy for it. IPA's have to be pretty damn fantastic lately to be worth buying. Boring old hops in this.. Tastes like they bittered with Chinook, which means raspy bitterness. I taste Centennial, Columbus, maybe Simcoe. It's a muddled hop profile. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 6 different hops here.

Hop Wallop.. Decent but not I'm not crazy for it. IPA's have to be pretty damn fantastic lately to be worth buying. Boring old hops in this.. Tastes like they bittered with Chinook, which means raspy bitterness. I taste Centennial, Columbus, maybe Simcoe. It's a muddled hop profile. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 6 different hops here.

I felt the same way, not a well put together IIPA. Buuuuuuuuuut, Heady has 6 hops and is the IIPA, so I doubt that's the issue. I find Victory to be hit or miss, some I've loved, others not so much.

This, on the other hand, is a bomb IIPA.

HPIM1630.jpg

Thanks Nuke!!!

Sampling my English IPA, only been in the bottle 3 weeks. A bit green but good. I think I undercarbed this one, it only has a slight fizz to it. I think I just made my first CCC! (cask conditioned clone) Goes down too easy

Homemade vanilla Porter and a sample of fresh pressed cider turned hard via nottingham dry yeast

Damn. That looks great! What is it?

The SXNW? It's a strong ale with cocoa nibs, pecans and green chiles. I got some mild cocoa and toasted pecans with a nice, sweet malt character. Slight spice on the finish. Very nice brew, my wife picked up that bottle, but I'm gonna try'n get a couple more to age.

One good Widmer brew deserves another.

HPIM1632.jpg

I'm still in it.
Had a Karbach Yule Shoot Your Eye Out, A St Arnold 12(both courtesy of DisturbdChemist) plus a growler of Stone IPA, and just finished a Ruination. Planning on buying a keg of Double Jack for the weekend.

Nice night!! I saw you post the growl of Stone IPA, I wish I was in San Diego, it's 10 fvcking degrees out right now. St. Arnold's is bomb, I scored a DR12 too, how is that one?

Merely a flesh wound

Ok... So my car blew a coolant hose, hopefully that's what it looks like. So I'm home and not at work... What do I do? Make a drink, go back to sleep, or make a coffee?? Looks like I'm outta coffee....

Nice night!! I saw you post the growl of Stone IPA, I wish I was in San Diego, it's 10 fvcking degrees out right now. St. Arnold's is bomb, I scored a DR12 too, how is that one?

Merely a flesh wound

It was really good, very hard to classify within a style guideline. A lot of kettle carmelization, leading to some interesting burned sugar elements. I would definitely recommend it, but it is on the sweet side.

So there I am in my garage heating up the sparge water for my 2-row Belma SMaSH IPA and I hear a large truck round the corner onto my street. I was surprised when the truck stopped close enough to in front of my house to make think it was for me. *Excited look on face* Could it be? I peek around the corner to see a FedEx truck with a FedEx man coming out of it with a box that looked just the right size to hold two four packs of Surly Abrasive, a Mad Hatter IPA, a Size 7 IPA and 4 home brews plus packing material. The "From" portion of the shipping label confirmed it. I got my package from NordeastBrewer77 a day early. Merry Christmas to me!

I'm having one of the Abrasives right and let me tell you, this is one damn delicious DIPA. NordeastBrewer77 did not oversell this beer at all, not one bit. This beer blew my expectations right out of the water.

20121217_120843.jpg

20121217_123121.jpg

Just got my boil going about 15 minutes ago and decided I had been putting this one off for long enough. I think it's a barleywine based on the smell and taste. 2010 bottle and it tastes pretty good. Definitely would get a better with a couple more years aging.

20121217_145138.jpg

Back