What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oatmeal stout. One of the first beers I brewed upon moving back to Connecticut. It's not great, IMO, but I won't kick her out of my glass if you know what I mean. ;)

20121216_161140.jpg

libeerty said:
It's good, not great.

I really like that beer, but it seems inconsistent. The first time I had it it tasted like pure delicious c60 but not sweet. The next time it just tasted kind of husky and weird.

I really like that beer, but it seems inconsistent. The first time I had it it tasted like pure delicious c60 but not sweet. The next time it just tasted kind of husky and weird.

I agree about the inconsistency. I first had it at a festival and thought it was amazing, but it is tough to know if it was just because I was :drunk: But lately I've been struggling through it. (Friend left a 6er in fridge.)

Newbeerguy said:
Just poured the last glass of the Hefe I brewed back in July.....more like a Krystal Weizen now!!!

Same as mine! Brewed in July too and have decided to never keg a Hefe again! All the yeast dropped and there's minimal bite.

image-709659958.jpg

Midnight wheat by shock top. Operation fridge clean out. Most of these are beers left at my house by other people. Before this was a bud light platinum and a laughing dog huckleberry wheat F it

g-love said:
Midnight wheat by shock top. Operation fridge clean out. Most of these are beers left at my house by other people. Before this was a bud light platinum and a laughing dog huckleberry wheat F it

Ugh. Hope you survive.

Just finished a Dead Guy. First bottle I've ever had, only ever had it once before and that was on draft. It's a bit more caramel-sweet than I remember.

The last home brew for the evening is my pumpkin lager. Everything about this beer is now more subtle than it was when I first tried it. Which is a good thing.

20121216_191920.jpg

g-love said:

End of the World Midnight Wheat was horrible. Bud light Platinum is god awful. It tastes like Beast Ice to me.

Down to the last 2 of my First All-grain pumpkin with T-58. 15 mo.aged. Huge grainbill(14 different grains ) and some thai palm sugar/lactose,even some rye flakes. Have to say I liked it about after a year more but think im not going to be using the T-58 or lactose or sugar(didnt really use much though) with a pumpkin beer again. Pretty above average though commercially speaking for a 5% pumpkin ale. 2 cans of pumpkin for a 1.5 gal batch-think that is about my limit from here out. Im in favor of a simpler grainbill as well.

Old Pavillion Pilsner, SN Celebration, Cascade pale ale, and lastly, home brewed Hefeweizen. It's been a good night...

+1, but Platinum was tolerable to me.

Having a 15 mo. aged Red Rye IPA-Warrior,cascade,simcoe. First time(maybe last) with Coopers yeast- this yeast shure took off fast and was a beast-needing a blowoff for a blowoff ,at a high 60's temp to start.Thats why I used it because it was peak heat summer and basement ambient temps were about 68ish-and have read this yeast does well at higher temps-so I thought it was appropriate for warmer brewing. Kind of a woody earthy with a little funk of a yeast.

For one of only a few double ipa's Ive made, I would say it did fine-but I would use a different yeast than this next time. Im thinking this is more of a malt accentuation yeast as well. Although for some reason I kinda used a lame amout of hops-looking at notes.WTF? Only and oz for 1.5 gallon batch?. 8.5% abv 1.082-1.016 - not bad. A little sweet but with some funky old yeast notes-thinking maybe the yeast doesnt age as well maybe.Ive had funkier aged yeast taste commercially though.

I think the thai palm sugar does well in ipa's also has some nice vannilla tones to it. Some of my favorate ipa's have some sugar in them,aka Ranger,Pliny?..etc. something I noticed when I found out the recipes, cant think of the others.

Back