What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Looks like thecadlocide hit the water pretty hard last night.

I lol'ed.

Coffee. Chugged some more water earlier, aspirin, and went back to bed. A little tired, maybe not in the mood to move fast, but not too bad off overall. Debating whether to run out to the shed and glue down the rest of the flooring this morning before work gets busy.

Now I want a bagel.
So where's the picture?
Soothie, then coffee

Is that like wanky then pullie?

Coffee...hmmm, bagel sounds good. I think I have an everything bagel, cream cheese. I wonder if that last little piece of salmon that I cured and vac sealed is still good? Let's find out!

View attachment 295888

These are all good. It's Tiki Tuesday, so I dropped 3 bucks on a pint of that too. It's a hoppy wheat and well worth 3 bucks while you wait on hottie McBartender to fill your growler. Which can take her a while.
View attachment 295892
View attachment 295893
View attachment 295894

I haven't been in too many commercial breweries, but this one speaks to how I do things.

View attachment 295896

Nightcap while I post this from my damn phone.

In the end, I just paid 35 bucks for 6-7 beers and a glass, on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, from a young lady with a nice bottom who likes old school hip hop. A+ would beer again. No growler next time though.

Everytime I go there is an old guy serving. never any hottie. Need to hit it at other hours to find out. They make some good beer in the frankenbrew system they have

Water and reading about the guy and girl whom attended this University trying to join a terrorist group. No matter what, you cannot fix stupid.

So as a follow up to your comment yesterday @Hello - I had this email from The Bruery. Absolute proof that they don't really own up to the issues from brews that don't go as planned (and as long as they have waiting lists for preservation and reserve I don't think that will change.) And this was after the email saying the Hottenroth was loaded with diacetyl and shouldn't be opened until the "all clear" notice came out.

Tonnellerie Rue: a little caution goes a long way in your enjoyment

Tonnellerie Rue
Recently, we packaged our newest saison from Bruery Terreux®: Tonnellerie Rue. It's a barrel-fermented saison with wild yeast and bacteria. One of the many beautiful things about wild yeast, such as brettanomyces, is that it eats sugars more voraciously than nearly any other yeast family. In bottle conditioning, this is what carbonates the beer over time and continues the beer's development in the bottle. Too much yeast (along with varying contributions from wild bacteria) may result in overcarbonation, and in more extreme circumstances, it creates a gusher.

While only a small portion of Tonnellerie Rue bottles are currently gushing upon opening, we did want to caution you. Before opening your bottle, make sure it has had the opportunity to chill for several hours. Be near a sink. If it does foam out of the bottle, the expelled liquid should be minimal, estimated to be less than 2.5 fl. oz. when served cold.

As expected, we've learned from this situation. And thankfully, we discovered the gushing potential on bottles we personally opened. As Tonnellerie Rue makes its way to you, we hope you can learn from our experience. If the beer does happen to lose a more significant amount of its volume when opened and you would like the situation remedied, please email us your information (and picture of the bottle, if possible) to [email protected].

We're extremely proud of this beer, especially in the fact that it showcases the nuances that can come from barrel fermentation. Drink it alongside Saison Rue for an even more thrilling ride through sensory. Until then, cheers!

The fine folks at The Bruery

@mcbaumannerb that is mildly hysterical. I mean for one, chilling seems obvious, but I like that they caution you and claim that you won't lose more than 2.5 ounces if it gushes. Interesting little note there and definitely in line with the response I had received. While I understand they're not responsible to refund money for a bottle that was not bought from them, I too found their response to be more of a shrug. You're right though, as long as there is a wait list for their societies, there's no reason to change.

Now, I will never, ever in my entire lifetime, lay vinyl flooring ever again. First, that fuqing glue is everywhere, no matter how much care I took. Second, I am bad at it and in spite of dry fitting and cutting, I still had to cut more. Thank goodness for baseboards. Third, no matter how well the seams fit before the glue went down, they're quite noticeable now. I figure they're good enough and I can apply some seam filler or something that I saw at HD, but still. It is still a shed, albeit a home brewery, but I just couldn't futz with it any longer. Finally, I'm too ****ing big to be wandering around on my knees like that. :(

Here's hoping it cures well in this heat. I'd like not to have to run the window a/c all day, but it's very possible that may be the only way I can get it to fully cure.

/ramble

Drinking Dr. Pepper, Water, and Protein shake...yes all of it.

So as a follow up to your comment yesterday @Hello - I had this email from The Bruery. Absolute proof that they don't really own up to the issues from brews that don't go as planned (and as long as they have waiting lists for preservation and reserve I don't think that will change.) And this was after the email saying the Hottenroth was loaded with diacetyl and shouldn't be opened until the "all clear" notice came out.

Tonnellerie Rue
Recently, we packaged our newest saison from Bruery Terreux®: Tonnellerie Rue. It's a barrel-fermented saison with wild yeast and bacteria. One of the many beautiful things about wild yeast, such as brettanomyces, is that it eats sugars more voraciously than nearly any other yeast family. In bottle conditioning, this is what carbonates the beer over time and continues the beer's development in the bottle. Too much yeast (along with varying contributions from wild bacteria) may result in overcarbonation, and in more extreme circumstances, it creates a gusher.

While only a small portion of Tonnellerie Rue bottles are currently gushing upon opening, we did want to caution you. Before opening your bottle, make sure it has had the opportunity to chill for several hours. Be near a sink. If it does foam out of the bottle, the expelled liquid should be minimal, estimated to be less than 2.5 fl. oz. when served cold.

As expected, we've learned from this situation. And thankfully, we discovered the gushing potential on bottles we personally opened. As Tonnellerie Rue makes its way to you, we hope you can learn from our experience. If the beer does happen to lose a more significant amount of its volume when opened and you would like the situation remedied, please email us your information (and picture of the bottle, if possible) to [email protected].

We're extremely proud of this beer, especially in the fact that it showcases the nuances that can come from barrel fermentation. Drink it alongside Saison Rue for an even more thrilling ride through sensory. Until then, cheers!

TL/DR:

Dear Plebs,

We funked up and hopefully YOU can learn something from this.

Sincerely,

Pretentious as flocc.

First, that fuqing glue is everywhere, no matter how much care I took.

My first glue down was 1200 sq/ft of tigerwood. About halfway through, I missed a board and knelt down into freshly spread glue. It ripped all the skin off my leg instantly.

Thank goodness for baseboards.

You said it girl. Vinyl can be extra difficult. It just takes practice. Im sure it looks fine. Even if you had laid it perfect, it would likely have spread apart over time anyway.

@TheCADJockey lol true. It is industrial vinyl, so it's kind of thick as-is. It was free...so I'm okay with that.

@mcbaumannerb that is mildly hysterical. I mean for one, chilling seems obvious, but I like that they caution you and claim that you won't lose more than 2.5 ounces if it gushes. Interesting little note there and definitely in line with the response I had received. While I understand they're not responsible to refund money for a bottle that was not bought from them, I too found their response to be more of a shrug. You're right though, as long as there is a wait list for their societies, there's no reason to change.

Now, I will never, ever in my entire lifetime, lay vinyl flooring ever again. First, that fuqing glue is everywhere, no matter how much care I took. Second, I am bad at it and in spite of dry fitting and cutting, I still had to cut more. Thank goodness for baseboards. Third, no matter how well the seams fit before the glue went down, they're quite noticeable now. I figure they're good enough and I can apply some seam filler or something that I saw at HD, but still. It is still a shed, albeit a home brewery, but I just couldn't futz with it any longer. Finally, I'm too ****ing big to be wandering around on my knees like that. :(

Here's hoping it cures well in this heat. I'd like not to have to run the window a/c all day, but it's very possible that may be the only way I can get it to fully cure.

/ramble

Drinking Dr. Pepper, Water, and Protein shake...yes all of it.

Vinyl is a huge PITA. The large roll vinyl is much easier to lay down and has fewer seams (if you ever decide to do it again that is). Tearing up vinyl sucks just as much. Especially when trying to get the leftover glue up. Should be great for the brewshed floor though.

Vinyl is a huge PITA. The large roll vinyl is much easier to lay down and has fewer seams (if you ever decide to do it again that is). Tearing up vinyl sucks just as much. Especially when trying to get the leftover glue up. Should be great for the brewshed floor though.

Yeah, I was going to buy a roll that was 8' wide, which was perfect. But this was given to me for free and it was only 35" wide. The installation will suffice. I mean, it's not as though there is a bunch of exposed wood. Just that the seams are pretty noticeable.

Tonnellerie Rue

Reminds me of a beer I had and poured down the drain after a few sips.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew/green-monster

Tumbleweed.gif

Tonnellerie Rue
Recently, we packaged our newest saison from Bruery Terreux[emoji768]: Tonnellerie Rue. It's a barrel-fermented saison with wild yeast and bacteria. One of the many beautiful things about wild yeast, such as brettanomyces, is that it eats sugars more voraciously than nearly any other yeast family. In bottle conditioning, this is what carbonates the beer over time and continues the beer's development in the bottle. Too much yeast (along with varying contributions from wild bacteria) may result in overcarbonation, and in more extreme circumstances, it creates a gusher.

I agree that this response is not good and that they have been shady about some of their beers, but are gushers a big deal? I guess that I expect some portion of the non-clean beers I drink will gush, especially after some aging.

Reminds me of a beer I had and poured down the drain after a few sips.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew/green-monster

Still haven't opened my bottle, but very curious about it.

Chai. Again.

Water while swmbo texts me that shes having a pint of modern times on her break sooo jealous right now

Back