What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy-Klubb said:
I got my ashes chewed for calling a Dr. Pepper a Coke. but I'm just a yank.

I usually get the same for calling Dr Pepper $•••.
( because that's what I think it tastes like)

I've been waiting for this brew. :)

ForumRunner_20121211_180402.png

My own Elderberry Wheat

Named: "Your Mother Was A Hamster"

Thinking about picking up some labels tomorrow and printing these on it:

mother-hamster.jpg

Revvy's BelgianBlonde Leffe clone- absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe Revvy! Think I'll have another:)

image-879418452.jpg

Two Brothers North Winds Imperial Stout.
Not too shabby. I'll let the other two I have age for a bit.

image-179526277.jpg

Hoppy lovin Christmas. Very carbonated. Even though its made with ginger and pine needles-- It has a soapy/perfumy aroma that Ive gotten with alot of my overcarbed beers. I came to a realization. I dont know if its from oxidation from carbonation but it really reminded me of quite a few of mine in general,so I think too much carb can give a different kind of hop aroma. Too much head? Its just a different type of aroma than a normally carbed one. Think I learned something here. Im thinking too much carb can contribute to a more perfumey/soapyness. Maybe Im missing something else here,but its where I stand currently. I kind notice that like in Jollypumpkin beers,even though I know they use wild/or belgian type yeast. I just actually found one of there actuall "pumpkin" beers also,which Im looking forward too.

mikkeller hoppy lovin' christmas.jpg

It's aged in a Bourbon Barrel, so when I first tasted it, I thought I was drinking a Jack and coke...

ArcticBear said:
My own Elderberry Wheat

Named: "Your Mother Was A Hamster"

Thinking about picking up some labels tomorrow and printing these on it:

+1. Now go away. Or I will taunt you a second time!

Two Brothers- 91 Shillings. Pretty decent.

My favorate from their 15 retro beer series,which I think Ive had 14 now(altogether-not tonight!), (The last "new"? since when is new,part of retro??)is a new Braggot- #15 hasnt been out yet I think),--favorate is Pillar of salt; sane price on their bombers also.

HPIM1588.jpg
First bottle of my RIS brewed last Dec. Still needs a bit more time to carb up, but it's freakin' amazing. Dark chocolate covered raisin flavor like I was going for, strong and boozy, but balanced and drinkable. @Nuke, you're definitely getting a bottle of this one, buddy! :tank:

First bottle of my RIS brewed last Dec. Still needs a bit more time to carb up, but it's freakin' amazing. Dark chocolate covered raisin flavor like I was going for, strong and boozy, but balanced and drinkable. @Nuke, you're definitely getting a bottle of this one, buddy! :tank:

Awesome, I am really excited to try that. Sounds freakin delicious. :rockin:

Bear Tooth Stout that has been in the bottle for a year. Makes Guinness look pale!! Great chocolate smell. Also an Irish Red that's been in the bottle for a year as well.

Awesome, I am really excited to try that. Sounds freakin delicious. :rockin:

It is!! I'd recommend giving it a bit more time once ya get it, just so it's fully carbed. I bottled in Oct after having it in secondary since March, even with a pitch at bottling, it's taking it's sweet time. I'd send you two bottles, but I only bottled 19 and I want to enter it in comp later this winter. I do have several other home brews I'm sending, including my No.3 Burton which I'm also entering. :mug:

Waited a long time for this one. My first taste ever. It's good. It's damned good. I don't think it's the best beer ever, but it's certainly up there, and definitely in the top 3 of it's style. I'd have to do a side by side, or better yet blind tasting of this and Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus Abt. 12 to say for sure.

20121212_151500[1].jpg

Back