What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I ever post that I'm in ohio, call the cops. I've been taken hostage.
Oh, to be single again. I'd be traveling all over this country for beer.

Ohio is a great place to be I love it here. I'll be in Texas on Monday looking forward to it.

Where in TX? Planning to pack any beer back?

San Antonio then Austin. My only beer plans thus far is to hit Jester King. I need to find a good bottle shop as well. I will be towing an anchor(wife) so I have to pick my spots.

San Antonio then Austin. My only beer plans thus far is to hit Jester King. I need to find a good bottle shop as well. I will be towing an anchor(wife) so I have to pick my spots.

I would also recommend stopping at ABGB (Austin Beer Garden Brewing). Great beer. Them and Jester King are actually the only two Austin breweries I've been to. Mainly because most of my time in Austin is always taken up by Jester King and taking my daughter to Zilker Park. I'm not too familiar with any independent bottle shops in SA or Austin, but Spec's is usually a good choice to stop in and look for beer. There are quite a few locations across TX.

Pretty easily my favorite yeast I've brewed with. I'm going to bottle Farmhouse Rye version 6 when I get back from Texas in a couple weeks. I should send you a couple bottles of 5 & 6. Version 6 has a gnarly looking pellicle.

Where about in Texas?

Having this after witnessing (lots of free pours) worst organized beer festival. Got in free. Start pouring at the booths. Free booze.

View attachment 1435381060473.jpg

I would also recommend stopping at ABGB (Austin Beer Garden Brewing). Great beer. Them and Jester King are actually the only two Austin breweries I've been to. Mainly because most of my time in Austin is always taken up by Jester King and taking my daughter to Zilker Park. I'm not too familiar with any independent bottle shops in SA or Austin, but Spec's is usually a good choice to stop in and look for beer. There are quite a few locations across TX.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435381262.890504.jpg
Found this spot on BA that looks promising

View attachment 287068

Specs and gabrials in SA. In austin hit Whip in, witch craft, specs, sunrise minimart.

Bars hit Pinthouse pizza, draught house, flying saucer.

Food hit pint house pizza, noble pig (next door from pinthouse), breakfast hit jaun in a million

If you want more places let me know.

Fyi you cant buy any liquor on Sunday. So specs is out. You can buy wine and beer at noon not before.

View attachment 287068

Went there last summer while visiting friends in San Antonio. Great beer selection. The people working there were really friendly and helpful. I could have spent a couple of hours in there if the wife and kids weren't with me. They were the same reason I only got to hang out at JK for an hour and a half. Regardless of how good the beer is, that place is the coolest brewery I've been too. The atmosphere is great. Enjoy your trip!

Specs and gabrials in SA. In austin hit Whip in, witch craft, specs, sunrise minimart.

Bars hit Pinthouse pizza, draught house, flying saucer.

Food hit pint house pizza, noble pig (next door from pinthouse), breakfast hit jaun in a million

If you want more places let me know.

Fyi you cant buy any liquor on Sunday. So specs is out. You can buy wine and beer at noon not before.

I need to consume real Texas bbq

Went there last summer while visiting friends in San Antonio. Great beer selection. The people working there were really friendly and helpful. I could have spent a couple of hours in there if the wife and kids weren't with me. They were the same reason I only got to hang out at JK for an hour and a half. Regardless of how good the beer is, that place is the coolest brewery I've been too. The atmosphere is great. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks man I will. I will have the same road blocks to beer enjoyment in play so I have to pick my spots. My wife will tolerate my beer obsession to some extent but she has already told me 1 brewery(Jester King) and 1 shop to find stuff not distributed in Ohio. She has been to 20 breweries with me and hates beer so by no means can I complain.

Lots of good bbq. Seek out Salt lick. Cash only but awesome bbq. You do not want to wait a franklins. I dont. Uncle billies you can find some bbq and their a brew pub. So is whip in. I definitely seek salt lick for starters

Thanks for the tips I will def check those places out.

Thanks man I will. I will have the same road blocks to beer enjoyment in play so I have to pick my spots. My wife will tolerate my beer obsession to some extent but she has already told me 1 brewery(Jester King) and 1 shop to find stuff not distributed in Ohio. She has been to 20 breweries with me and hates beer so by no means can I complain.

Sounds like my wife. I wanted to spend a week at a friend's cabin in Wyoming. She wanted to visit friends in San Antonio where it's hotter and more miserable than it is here. I said fine but we are stopping at a brewery in Austin in our way through. Then I got the "sigh" and "eye rolls" when I got up to get more beer. I love that woman, but come on! That was the only thing I wanted to do that week. My son loved it because he got to play outside. She was bored out of her mind because she doesn't like beer.

I need to consume real Texas bbq

Definitely try Salt Lick. You're about 20 minutes away from the Driftwood location when at Jester King. Unless you're going at an off peak lunch or dinner time on the weekend, it's usually best to get your order to go and eat at the hotel. Never been during the week, so can't say how the line is then, but on the weekends, it can be hours+ wait at peak meal times. And bring cash.

Sounds like my wife. I wanted to spend a week at a friend's cabin in Wyoming. She wanted to visit friends in San Antonio where it's hotter and more miserable than it is here. I said fine but we are stopping at a brewery in Austin in our way through. Then I got the "sigh" and "eye rolls" when I got up to get more beer. I love that woman, but come on! That was the only thing I wanted to do that week. My son loved it because he got to play outside. She was bored out of her mind because she doesn't like beer.

Makes me appreciate my wife. She makes her little comments here and there about my beer buying/brewing/brewery visiting and it sorta ticks me off at times, but damn is she a trooper when we go to Jester King and other breweries. She knows it's something I enjoy and she keeps my daughter occupied while I enjoy my time there and spend more money than she'd probably like me to on something she doesn't have the slightest interest in.

My wife will go to Jolly Pumpkin anytime. We've been a few times, the food is great and so are the cocktails. There is lots of shopping in the area so if I don't mind dragging my ass around carrying shopping bags she don't mind going to JP. win-win

Rudy's BBQ in San Antonio. It looks like a gas station rest stop but is AMAZING. And you order your food by the pound.

Along with the loaf of sliced bread they serve each person. :D. Love that place.

Coff.

Coffee. Attempting to make sausage gravy with rice flour instead of normal flour (gluten free for SIL). I could swear I have do e this before but it's been an hour and I have soup.

Coffee. Attempting to make sausage gravy with rice flour instead of normal flour (gluten free for SIL). I could swear I have do e this before but it's been an hour and I have soup.

Mix a tablespoon or two of cornstarch with a small amount of cold water. Pour in bit by bit as necessary until the gravy is as thick as you're wanting.

If you're ever in Toledo check out the brew pub they have good food. Why you would ever be here I do not know.

Hey... I spent a few years in Toledo in the early 80s. Lived right next to a farm field. It was pretty nice.

... admittedly that field is now condos, and there is likely nothing left of where I lived.

View attachment 287068

Oooooh. That place is nice. I get my mother to mule stuff for me when she comes up here.

Okay, in d*ck move of d*ck moves, I have been going back and forth on my work email while on bereavement leave. The last salvo that was sent to all hands was that a full court press was in place for the weekend to work on a few things in prep for an inspection that starts next week.

The final line in the email [paraphrasing] was that if people could not make the effort to show, they should take the energy they are saving and use it to find a new job.

Never mind that the person who sent it has caused us more setbacks in the project due to his stupidity and shortsightedness than anyone else. :mad:

On topic, end of </rant> - coffee.

Oh, and the 5yo is sick; he puked all around the toilette this morning. Around, not necessarily in, the toilette. Happy day - with very little beer left in the house. That might cause a problem tonight.

Mix a tablespoon or two of cornstarch with a small amount of cold water. Pour in bit by bit as necessary until the gravy is as thick as you're wanting.

I would love that method. Swmbo throws everything she believes to be old out. Corn starch never survives so I stopped buying it.

I would love that method. Swmbo throws everything she believes to be old out. Corn starch never survives so I stopped buying it.

But ... but ... but cornstarch never goes bad! One more coffee as I head off the LHBS to get some specialty grains that will let me get a few batches brewed in the new couple of weeks (hopefully)

But ... but ... but cornstarch never goes bad! One more coffee as I head off the LHBS to get some specialty grains that will let me get a few batches brewed in the new couple of weeks (hopefully)

I am well aware. She has her quarks, but one of them is sleeping with an overweight ******* beer nerd so I am dealing with them.

Coffee. Passed out at 9:30 last night but i sure feel great this morning! Almost gym time, then after a shower need a hair cut before the wedding. Busy sober Saturday. Boo

WP_20150627_001.jpg

Back