What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got anxiety just reading this.

Yeah, I'm going to put down an Ivan and a bomber of Lagunitas Imperial Stout before I go, so that may help.

Or make me more murdery.

I'll probably just stand in the corner and glare at the groom. That I hate. And is stupid. Can't wait to meet his awesome friends.

Yeah, I'm going to put down a few Full Throttle Blue Agave and Busch Lights before I go, so that may help.

Or make me more murdery.

I'll probably just stand in the corner and glare at the groom. That I hate. And is stupid. Can't wait to meet his awesome friends.

Ftfy

Seriously, though, I hate large gatherings and dbags. So, your predicament sounds like hell to me.

Awesome idea, haha.

How old are the kids?

11, 9 and 7. We went "real" camping the past two weekends. Real is in quotes because it was in an RV...with a shower...and a microwave...and A/C. Not quite camping.

Yeah, I'm going to put down an Ivan and a bomber of Lagunitas Imperial Stout before I go, so that may help.

Or make me more murdery.

You may be surprised. I've gone to gatherings for a person I really did not like, met his friends, and they were great. Couldn't really understand why they hung out with the butthole, but they were great.

Ftfy

Seriously, though, I hate large gatherings and dbags. So, your predicament sounds like hell to me.

Thanks for doing that, I should quit lying to myself.

Also, It's even better that the in-laws are staying at my place tonight to watch our kid while we're out (they live out of town).

Does... anyone want to trade places with me?

Wife has the day off today. Told her to get me some fancy beer.

We'll see how this goes. My money says I come home to Sam Adams.

Yes, regrets get you nowhere - stop having them. Instead you should be planning what you'll be drinking tonight! :tank:

My wife walked in the house with 12 hard rootbeers yesterday. Not sure how I feel about that. I haven't tried them yet but it does not sound great.

Which hard root beer?

bought denver plane tickets. Now Hotel/car

My wife walked in the house with 12 hard rootbeers yesterday. Not sure how I feel about that. I haven't tried them yet but it does not sound great.

If they're 'Not Your Father's Root Beer' they are good and taste like the real thing. Make sure they are out of reach of the kids since you can't taste the alcohol.

If they're 'Not Your Father's Root Beer' they are good and taste like the real thing. Make sure they are out of reach of the kids since you can't taste the alcohol.

I believe that is exactly what it is. Maybe I'll crack one open with a nice cigar later tonight and see what it's all about.

EDIT: and my kids are scared to death of my beer fridge. If I ask my daughter to go down and grab me a beer, she first protests, and then brings my the beer holding it like it is plutonium.

By the way, the greatest craft brew marketing move in history to date = Founders putting All Day IPA in 15 packs of 12 oz cans. I have several times now walked into the beer store to grab something, saw the 15 pack and thought "there's better IPA here, but it is just so convenient to grab a 15 pack of this stuff, and it's not bad". Genius.

EDIT: I also think this will draw more attention from the BMC drinkers than the $10.00 6ers of bottles that most craft beer comes in.

By the way, the greatest craft brew marketing move in history to date = Founders putting All Day IPA in 15 packs of 12 oz cans. I have several times now walked into the beer store to grab something, saw the 15 pack and thought "there's better IPA here, but it is just so convenient to grab a 15 pack of this stuff, and it's not bad". Genius.

EDIT: I also think this will draw more attention from the BMC drinkers than the $10.00 6ers of bottles that most craft beer comes in.

What is the price on the 15 pack?

Looks good. Did you leave any fingerprints? I have the same texture in my basement and recently located a thumbprint in it. Kinda funny.

Haha I didnt do that but probably should have. That is awesome.

@finsfan looks great. Why are you doing all of that to an apartment though?

Its for the property management company that I am in the process of "taking over". The apartment complex they have is extremely outdated and rent is cheap. We are starting with one apartment to see if I can stay in budget and what it rents for, but most likely will do the other 11 units here soon as well. We are literally replacing everything from the floor to ceiling. Gonna be really nice once we are done though. I think I can get almost 50% more for rent for them after and we aren't paying too much for a complete renovation.

I am envisioning a Mad Men kind of lunch happening.

I approve this message :D

That's not bad at all.

Very specific.

It's no Busch Light 30 pack, but I'd pick one up for $15. I've paid that for a bomber.

I think that is a very good price. It is not a great IPA, but it has a good taste. And the ABV is more in line with a Budweiser than with a "real" IPA. I think it is around 4.5% ABV. When I play poker I normally bring All Day. That way, I can keep up with the BMC drinkers without falling flat on my face.

Where is "up here"? Around here, the most I have ever seen a 15 of All Day IPA going for is $16.99. I bought it for $12.99 when I was camping a few weeks ago.

Erm. Buffalo.

I could be wrong on the price, but I haven't had All Day IPA yet so I've been watching that case. If it was reasonable I would pick it up. All Founders stuff has a hefty tag on it here for some reason.

Erm. Buffalo.

I could be wrong on the price, but I haven't had All Day IPA yet so I've been watching that case. If it was reasonable I would pick it up. All Founders stuff has a hefty tag on it here for some reason.

But this is a low ABV IPA, designed to be a less expensive alternative.

Here is an add in MA for $15.99. I was curious to see if it was just because I buy it in Michigan that it was cheap.

http://www.liquorsinc.com/r/India Pale Ale/founders-all-day-ipa

I don't know if it is easy to find everywhere, and it is certainly not my first choice in IPAs. But for the price, I keep some around.

Is it because you live in the ghetto?

Maybe they think it's so pretentious that they gouge their customers that won't just buy the standard OE 800.

Is it because you live in the ghetto?

Maybe they think it's so pretentious that they gouge their customers that won't just buy the standard OE 800.

Some people make OE look Gooood...

20090518_olde-english-8001.jpg

Office coffee. Well its from an office I'm stuck waiting for paperwork, my office would never provide coffee. Can't wait to have a few beers tonight since Saturday I'm DD for a wedding.

WP_20150626_001.jpg

Same here, getting drug to a co-bachelor/bachelorette party for one of my wife's closest friends ( and the guy is a dbag), and have to smile like an idiot while trying not to murder the stupid ******** for having their wedding on the 4th of July.

That we just ****ing have to go to.

Oh, and a wedding for her other friend Saturday @ 3.

Great weekend.

50061356.jpg

Haha I didnt do that but probably should have. That is awesome.

Its for the property management company that I am in the process of "taking over". The apartment complex they have is extremely outdated and rent is cheap. We are starting with one apartment to see if I can stay in budget and what it rents for, but most likely will do the other 11 units here soon as well. We are literally replacing everything from the floor to ceiling. Gonna be really nice once we are done though. I think I can get almost 50% more for rent for them after and we aren't paying too much for a complete renovation.

I approve this message :D

Good plan. Plus with nicer places, even with the rent higher you should get a better quality of renter and probably longer term as well. Just make sure your leases are up to date and CYA enough and that you dont break any "must have so many cheapass places available setion 8 type of laws. Would suck to have to rent a freshly nicened up apartment for a pittance.

Wadder. Need to grab some food soon.

50061356.jpg

Good plan. Plus with nicer places, even with the rent higher you should get a better quality of renter and probably longer term as well. Just make sure your leases are up to date and CYA enough and that you dont break any "must have so many cheapass places available setion 8 type of laws. Would suck to have to rent a freshly nicened up apartment for a pittance.

Wadder. Need to grab some food soon.

There is an issue now with only a couple tenants of getting behind and not making rent payments regularly. I am hoping that a much higher rent in a much nicer place will eliminate that to some extent.

There is an issue now with only a couple tenants of getting behind and not making rent payments regularly. I am hoping that a much higher rent in a much nicer place will eliminate that to some extent.

Don't know why you're going to all the trouble... hit those apts. with some spackle, advertise on craigslist and open them up as multiple family dwellings.

Slumlord FinsFan has a nice ring to it.

Good plan. It will be worth the effort. If you can get the current deadbeats out, even better. In my opinion Landlords should be encouraged to profile prospective tenants. Bad grammar in an email? Nope. [email protected] address? Hell no (unless you want to get paid in favors)! Unintelligable over the phone. Nope. Nigerian Royalty? I will pass.

Good plan. It will be worth the effort. If you can get the current deadbeats out, even better. In my opinion Landlords should be encouraged to profile prospective tenants. Bad grammar in an email? Nope. [email protected] address? Hell no (unless you want to get paid in favors)! Unintelligable over the phone. Nope. Nigerian Royalty? I will pass.

The few people who struggle to keep up with rent at least work with us. They always pay something when they have the money. they arent avoiding us or ignoring us, so I can have some patience for that. If it gets worse than a month behind though it may become a bigger problem.

Back