What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8:45 PM, 79° F, and 20% humidity. I am sitting in front of a fan.

At least the humdity is down...

Still drinking water.

Spice road eh? Enjoy the hour in the bathroom there :D

Nope. Iron constitution here. ;(

Do they still have the pistachio baklava?

They have a baklava sampler with three different ones.

Hot Lemonade. Throat is killing.

It is snowing sideways.

That's just wrong.

Feeling like a beached whale back in the room. Good thing I only have to go ten feet to get a beer!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431910432.596423.jpg

I find myself falling in love with Ballast Point even more with every new beer I try.

Easy to do.

Having an apfelwein made by the college kids. I supplied the yeast cause they had a free day and a desire to make a batch but didn't want to drive an hour for a hbs. I am glad I gave those guys a yeast pack.

Easy to do.

Having an apfelwein made by the college kids. I supplied the yeast cause they had a free day and a desire to make a batch but didn't want to drive an hour for a hbs. I am glad I gave those guys a yeast pack.

I'm about 90 minutes away from the brewery. I definitely need to plan a trip soon.

Found out today that my Belgian Quad took best of show in a local homebrew comp. First place wins for my cranberry hibiscus gose and BA Imperial Stout, second for BA Rye smoked imperial porter. Pretty happy with the results.

Celebrating the best way I know how; split up a batch of berliner weisse. 2 gals onto peach puree, 2 gals on dry hops (citra + galaxy) with grapefruit/tangelo peel and bottled a gallon straight.

IMG_4562.jpg

Drinking this.

IMG_4563.jpg

Found out today that my Belgian Quad took best of show in a local homebrew comp. First place wins for my cranberry hibiscus gose and BA Imperial Stout, second for BA Rye smoked imperial porter. Pretty happy with the results.

Celebrating the best way I know how; split up a batch of berliner weisse. 2 gals onto peach puree, 2 gals on dry hops (citra + galaxy) with grapefruit/tangelo peel and bottled a gallon straight.

View attachment 278839

Drinking this.

View attachment 278840

Congrats! That's quite a haul.

View attachment 278839

Drinking this.

View attachment 278840

All of that sounds great. I want to experiment using fruit peels this summer. Do you dry them out first, or just use the zest like you would when dry hoping?

All of that sounds great. I want to experiment using fruit peels this summer. Do you dry them out first, or just use the zest like you would when dry hoping?

I just peel the outer layer and chuck them in, same as I do dry hops. Works great! I usually go for just a few days. These will go probably 5, since I'll need the keg shortly after.

pooped on your face beer. tis so good? no? mop, mop, mop, keep mopping nightshift man. H a ha h a a. ? WHAT! DOUBLE U TEE EFF. OR WTF IN OTHER WORDS OR SYLbles.... sp yeah I know oH NO, ITS CONTRAVERSHHIAL. SHH! Be carefull, "they" are watching you!

pooped on your face beer. tis so good? no? mop, mop, mop, keep mopping nightshift man. H a ha h a a. ? WHAT! DOUBLE U TEE EFF. OR WTF IN OTHER WORDS OR SYLbles.... sp yeah I know oH NO, ITS CONTRAVERSHHIAL. SHH! Be carefull, "they" are watching you!

That's awesome :)

It's a conspiracy!

I remember my first beer

Back