What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had an undisclosed number of Manhattan's while making fresh pasta with farmer's market produce.

Yum, and I am @remmmy smacked.

You've never been @remmy smacked til you drink with me.

I'm thinking it will be a ***** to get next year unless the ramp up production. Great beer.

Their foot print for this release was very small in comparison to their standard distribution. Not everybody saw it. I can see them upping production since it went ad fast ad it did. And honestly they could make it a little bit more expensive and I wouldn't be mad. It's half the cost of bcbs for me

F'in a right it is. Cheap, under appreciated but will certainly achieve whale status in a year, maybe two.

I think it's close to being there. It's been long gone since it was here 2 weeks ago. I missed out at my main place but I'm still looking. Their def a brewery on the rise, fairly new to Michigan.

The sours are from last night.

Tree Shaker and Lugene...mmmm.

Eyeing a can of Crow Peak Canyon Cream Ale.

Hotel gave us more free drinks, so I'm going to be drinking some fruity **** tonight in the waterpark.

And my hand is healing after fighting with a waterslide.

You gots da booboo??? ... :D

View attachment 277263
2nd pour marginally better than the first, probably due to my palate being fried.

Still want.

Damn want.

You and me both.

You've never been @remmy smacked til you drink with me.

I will maintain! Just 'cause I brew 2% beer doesn't mean I can't maintain.

Another black bear spotted yesterday two towns over. I'm ready.

Another oak barrel saison. In a coff cup. **** it.
View attachment 277282

That is one weird angle of your.... leg?

Okay... bag choices for Sunday, given I just got notice my second is out all week.

Down to straight bourbon. *Aaaand a magically glowing thumb.

Attachments

• 1431307238361.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
Haven't had that. Gotta be good, though.

It's hard to come by a la kbs and from what I know they don't have a big release for it a la kbs so it just hits the shelves and then it's gone. Gotta b pretty lucky to come across it at the right time. I believe it's a mix of their dble cream and expedition stout aged in bourbon barrels.

The 2012 I had was beter than BCBS, KBS, and Sunday morning. I want.

Agreed. I would take Black Note over any of those. SMS is getting a ton of hype, but I think BCBCS and KBS are better. SMS was great this year because nobody knew what it was, I had to tell the beer manager at my local to get some for himself. Next year that won't be the case.

Haven't had that. Gotta be good, though.

I liked it.

The 2012 I had was beter than BCBS, KBS, and Sunday morning. I want.

Agreed. I would take Black Note over any of those. SMS is getting a ton of hype, but I think BCBCS and KBS are better. SMS was great this year because nobody knew what it was, I had to tell the beer manager at my local to get some for himself. Next year that won't be the case.

This was a 2014 Black Note. It was good. I'd put it along the lines of KBS. A notch below BCBS, which is a notch below Sunday Morning.

Nice big Bourbon nose, but a bit too thin and acidic on the palate for me, lacking the chocolatey roast character to support it.

Like I said, though; doesn't suck. ;)

Meaning the brewery themselves. There's not much chatter about them other then the ocassionaly mention of Riserva

Riserva is awesome. Didn't like the two Heresy I had because they had obviously soured and not in a good way. A Weyerbacher rep on IG told me to email the brewery about it. I did so and never heard anything back about it. On second thought, I hate Weyerbacher! Just kidding, maybe....

I liked it.

This was a 2014 Black Note. It was good. I'd put it along the lines of KBS. A notch below BCBS, which is a notch below Sunday Morning.

Nice big Bourbon nose, but a bit too thin and acidic on the palate for me, lacking the chocolatey roast character to support it.

Like I said, though; doesn't suck. ;)

BCBS would be a fair comparison to Black Note, but BCBCS, KBS and SMS are all coffee added Bourbon BA stouts. I love coffee, so that puts them in a different category for me. The great thing about beer is that it is highly subjective to personal tastes.

Well, if the Caps get the major choke out of the way tonight, all isn't lost, just have to return big in MSG later in the week. About to break out a 12.5% Brett Barleywine...

Typical for DC sports.

Typical for DC sports.

I had three possible scenarios:

1. Rangers sweep Caps
  2. Caps blow away Rangers until Game 4, and then royally blow the next 4 games
  3. Hard fought series until 7, and then Caps lose 8-0 in game 7.

Looks like #3 it is.

One more pull of ESB and then off to bed.

My third hb IPA. Had a Coffee hb earlier. Think this might be the first time getting more than a little buzzed off just homebrew.

WP_20150510_001.jpg

Busy weekend! Damn near 600 posts since I last checked in, dammit I need to keep up. Tonight I'm drinking Kirkland Spiced Rum on the rocks because liquor is quicker and it pairs damn well with my cigar.

Back