What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure that's not code for something entirely different. :)

Yep. Definitely not code. She's sick and cranky. :( :thumbdown:

I need to grab another beer and get snow pants and a sweatshirt on and sit in the garage playing with ice cold tools, yet again. This is getting old real quick. :(

Does it really have the deer antler chandelier?

I don't remember an antler chandelier in the hotel or bar, but those are pretty common out west.

The hotel is the Stanley, of Stanley steamer fame (the car, not the carpet cleaner). It's actually a pretty fancy place for being 100+ years old in the mountains. There is a Stanley steamer car in the lobby and the bar has really cool carvings and etched glass. If anyone is ever in the area, I recommend grabbing a drink at the bar.

On to this. Thanks val!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423367625.074111.jpg

Awesome!

20150207_203912.jpg

@mattmmille are you drinking with us? Can I drunk text you?

Just back from the day trip to see Mom and the boy wanted to eat and run to a store. Tired...and I drank quite a few last night and capped it with 16% ABV wine. It's amazing that I didn't go into a diabeetus coma! Even more remarkable is that I didn't have a hangover! Five years ago, I could've gone toe to toe with @Remmy...then I went dry for about 4 years and my tolerance dropped. Going to research and see if I feel like making a little Kombucha experiment. Bought a "live" kombucha soda...we'll see. Not a big tea fan, but maybe I can make a flavor I'll like. You can drunk text me all you like and I'll mess with yer head! :cross: Bet they'll be more interesting than MY drunk texts!

Tonight...something old, in something new...microwaved. Actually, surprisingly good!

IMG_20150207_224811504.jpg

Just back from the day trip to see Mom and the boy wanted to eat and run to a store. Tired...and I drank quite a few last night and capped it with 16% ABV wine. It's amazing that I didn't go into a diabeetus coma! Even more remarkable is that I didn't have a hangover! Five years ago, I could've gone toe to toe with @Remmy...then I went dry for about 4 years and my tolerance dropped. Going to research and see if I feel like making a little Kombucha experiment. Bought a "live" kombucha soda...we'll see. Not a big tea fan, but maybe I can make a flavor I'll like. You can drunk text me all you like and I'll mess with yer head! :cross: Bet they'll be more interesting than MY drunk texts!

Tonight...something old, in something new...microwaved. Actually, surprisingly good!

how is silk cashew?

That's the place. Fun fact - filmed in Estes park. I've stayed in the hotel they filmed in. Which is same hotel that inspired Steven kings 'the shining'.
Ok. Really not that fun of a fact...

Took my wife to Estes when we were dating. On the way back we drove into a flock of birds and one flew in my window and smashed against the back window of my pickup. Damn near took my head off.

yeast is pitched. having another of my Left Over Crack while I ponder a very recent theft from my property. what I'm really wondering is if and how I should fill out a police report. we have a few cats. therefore we have a few litter boxes. we get the bucket size of litter for these litter boxes. we scoop and put the clumps and feces in empty litter buckets. I put 2 of these poop buckets next to our trash can outside. today, they are gone. someone literally stole our s#!t. I don't want it back, but I find it odd that someone would steal our s#!t.

Sorry about your loss, man...but honestly all I took away from your post is that you're probably the only other person who knows who leftover crack is. F@ck World Trade

how is silk cashew?
I like it. I can taste a little cashew flavor, but it's not overpowering. I do NOT like soy milk...too vegetal tasting. I've tried almond milk and the almond/coconut blend and they are pretty good too. The chocolate one is really good...but I haven't tried to sneak it in on my son yet. The cashew milk is creamier tasting than the others, but not by a whole lot. The warm ovaltine was really good.

So, I bought this soda at the store tonight...the root beer flavor is pretty good, but you can taste that tea flavor too. I'm not a huge tea fan, but it's interesting. I brewed up 8 bags of green tea and made a little under a gallon...all with Culligan bottled water. I'm going to pour the dregs in and see if it does anything. LHBS has kombucha "starter" on their website...sent an e-mail to see if it includes the SCOBY or if it will produce one. The picture and description don't really indicate. But I'll try my little experiment and rescue it or bolster it with purchased starter, if needed.

IMG_20150208_240052399.jpg

IMG_20150208_240130064.jpg

I like it. I can taste a little cashew flavor, but it's not overpowering. I do NOT like soy milk...too vegetal tasting. I've tried almond milk and the almond/coconut blend and they are pretty good too. The chocolate one is really good...but I haven't tried to sneak it in on my son yet. The cashew milk is creamier tasting than the others, but not by a whole lot. The warm ovaltine was really good.

So, I bought this soda at the store tonight...the root beer flavor is pretty good, but you can taste that tea flavor too. I'm not a huge tea fan, but it's interesting. I brewed up 8 bags of green tea and made a little under a gallon...all with Culligan bottled water. I'm going to pour the dregs in and see if it does anything. LHBS has kombucha "starter" on their website...sent an e-mail to see if it includes the SCOBY or if it will produce one. The picture and description don't really indicate. But I'll try my little experiment and rescue it or bolster it with purchased starter, if needed.

i made a scoby from the bottle tea once... i forget the actual recipe but i think i made the tea and poured the bottle of commercial kombucha in and then the scoby formed, then i made another batch of tea and threw the scoby in..... its been awhile and i could be wrong tho

i made a scoby from the bottle tea once... i forget the actual recipe but i think i made the tea and poured the bottle of commercial kombucha in and then the scoby formed, then i made another batch of tea and threw the scoby in..... its been awhile and i could be wrong tho

what i mean is i think you need to make a batch to make the scoby initially and then use the scoby in the next batch to actually make the kombucha.... billy klubb makes this he would be a better resourse

Chocolaty, rich, bubbly, even a little tart. Great porter, not what I'm used to in that category.
jKy1HX8ZkIi2J.JPG

Pretty much it except it was the American border patrol. And they tore our car apart in a garage and after having us down to our drawers and having the dogs sniff our butt cracks and finding nothing they told us to go back where we came from and dont try to cross the border ever again.

They did their job I guess. Dirty bastard.

Oh sorry, by CBP I meant Customs and Border Protection (US). Didn't even think of it since we talk about CBP somewhat regularly in my area.

Back