What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i have that plan the keg is never ending. Seems to last forever. Need to get on my HB. Need to test and try the ones in the fermenters also plan my next one next week and debating to see Book of Mormon while its in town

I'm a noob at kegging. But the keg has been light for a week now. I'm just gonna keep smashing that beer until the keg is empty. I have a lot of others to keg. Including a sour that I want to keg but wondering if it would still have any developing to do if I bottled (Oud Bruin I brewed over a year ago).

Still on the quaffi...about to do some kitchen cleaning...maybe bottle my Yooper's Gingerbread Oatmeal Stout (2 gallons)...before or after dinner, depending on how the timing works out.

Says the guy that said he would beat me to the punch yesterday. :p

I'll say some from bittering and a lot at flame out/final minutes

I never use Mosaic for bittering. I almost always use Columbus. If I'm boiling for 60 minutes, I almost always use Mosaic at 10 and 5. And dry-hop. It's awesome.

I'm a noob at kegging. But the keg has been light for a week now. I'm just gonna keep smashing that beer until the keg is empty. I have a lot of others to keg. Including a sour that I want to keg but wondering if it would still have any developing to do if I bottled (Oud Bruin I brewed over a year ago).

I bottle my sours and bretts. Do not want to infect or drink my stash too fast. Bottling is a pain and hope that my new sour will actually carb because I did something a little different. I hope it does. It would suck if it did not.

When i have that plan the keg is never ending. Seems to last forever. Need to get on my HB. Need to test and try the ones in the fermenters also plan my next one next week and debating to see Book of Mormon while its in town

You should see it. Been trying to see it in NYC for a while, but ticket prices are ridiculous.

Tea for now before the final meeting of the day. Downside of working remotely - no snow day here.

Just calculated my mash schedule for my next saison brew day (brett saison solera refill #3). Anyone do a ferulic acid rest before? Going to give it a shot.

****. I wish I were brewing today. I have 7 primaries tied-up and nowhere to put a new batch.

tumblr_nikwh8EDAb1r09l2vo1_500.gif

I'm there with ya, buddy. I did design a new recipe for a DIPA that I'm going to be brew on Sunday, though.

I never use Mosaic for bittering. I almost always use Columbus. If I'm boiling for 60 minutes, I almost always use Mosaic at 10 and 5. And dry-hop. It's awesome.

I've found a very similar hop schedule that works for me too. Small Columbus bittering charge, x hops at 10, 5, Whirlpool at 180 for 30 min and keg dry hop.

You should see it. Been trying to see it in NYC for a while, but ticket prices are ridiculous.

Tea for now before the final meeting of the day. Downside of working remotely - no snow day here.

Just calculated my mash schedule for my next saison brew day (brett saison solera refill #3). Anyone do a ferulic acid rest before? Going to give it a shot.

They are especially for nose bleeds. My sister and husband saw it and said it was really funny. Flying Saucer is a walk from it so I'm going to get smashed at Saucer then walk over and watch the Book of Mormon

When i have that plan the keg is never ending. Seems to last forever. Need to get on my HB. Need to test and try the ones in the fermenters also plan my next one next week and debating to see Book of Mormon while its in town ... They are especially for nose bleeds. My sister and husband saw it and said it was really funny. Flying Saucer is a walk from it so I'm going to get smashed at Saucer then walk over and watch the Book of Mormon

Good call. Hysterical show!

****ing snow plows. So, I'm required by my town to clear the sidewalk in front of my house after it snows, so I'm out there earlier today and clear the mother ****er out like a boss. ****ing plow just drove by and filled in all my work with snow from the street. Not doing it again. If the town gives me grief I'm going to tell them to shove it.

Drinking this to relax a little.

_DSC3837.jpg

****ing snow plows. So, I'm required by my town to clear the sidewalk in front of my house after it snows, so I'm out there earlier today and clear the mother ****er out like a boss. ****ing plow just drove by and filled in all my work with snow from the street. Not doing it again. If the town gives me grief I'm going to tell them to shove it.

And you didn't see this coming?

Another IPA

Thinking that there should be some town ordinance to allow for public use of flame throwers for clearing sidewalks and streets of snow and for that one annoying neighbor that nobody likes? Vote me for City Council Representative.

Dang...forgot I promised to take the boy for a haircut. Might as well do mine, too. Maybe I'll still bottle later. No drink...rats.

Comparing my IPA to a commercial example. I can detect slight oxidation in my sample. Guess I need to work on my kegging process. Overall very similar even mine is 5.5% compared to 7% both beers head into the unbalanced IPA profile where the hops totally blister out any malt profile. We drankin tonight. No Yopener... Yet....

View attachment 1422400599056.jpg

I've never seen more of a *****bbag than Marshawn Lynch. "I'm just here so I don't get fined." **** you. How the **** did that idiot get into Cal-Berkeley? ****ing idiot.

Back