What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate when that happens. Almost racked to bottling bucket once before thinking to check if I had enough caps. Luckily caught it first.

this wasn't the first time this has happened but one of the few I caught it in time. I've always lived closer to a HBS before. we'll be heading to a town with a HBS next Saturday. I figure it's spent just over 2 years not bottled, what's another week, right?

having a Palate Wrecker.

Just basting a turkey. I buy an extra one at thanksgiving because they are so cheap then. Keep it in the freezer until SWMBO bitches there's not enough room for the extra turkey. Thanksgiving dinner happens 2-3 times a year at my house. :)
View attachment 251584

I hear you there. I just did turkey dinner last night and it really hit the spot. :mug:

Hate when that happens. Almost racked to bottling bucket once before thinking to check if I had enough caps. Luckily caught it first.

I always start bottling day by sanitizing bottles and caps, then racking. Helps avoid that problem.

Coffee...12 year old daughter's best friend texted that she had taken ten pills. She and SWMBO rushed out and called 911. Got there just ahead of police. Parents in living room with no idea. Friend curled up on bed with racing heart. EMT's got there, checked her out and walked her to the ambulance and took her away. Well. That was no fun. Be interesting to see the effect on my normally stoic and moody daughter. They are returning home soon.

geez-oh-pete! I hope everyone's all right! and I mean your daughter too. issues with friends can have scarring affects.

I always start bottling day by sanitizing bottles and caps, then racking. Helps avoid that problem.

Well la-dee-da. ;)

I always get everything out ahead of time. Was bottling at my buddy's apt that time. I asked him if he had a bunch of stuff ahead of time (star-san, clean tubing, etc) since it had been a while, but didn't think to ask about caps. Thought that would have been a given...

This, hope we don't get the snow predicted, my big blower won't run, started and cleaned up some snow from the other day and then started flooding and couldn't get it to stop, thing probably as old as me, got a small two stroke that I hope does the job

IMG_5705.jpg

Weather channel updated our forecast to 14-24" of snow! I love it!

Water with chocolate-covered strawberries (not my idea but I'm not complaining).

We were going to get 18-24". That changed a few hours ago to 24-36". ****.

This, hope we don't get the snow predicted, my big blower won't run, started and cleaned up some snow from the other day and then started flooding and couldn't get it to stop, thing probably as old as me, got a small two stroke that I hope does the job

Speaking of big blowers....

I'll see myself out.

Still on zd, little pissed at myself. Boxed up some beer for a guy on here, wrote a nice letter, ran it over the scale and paid for shipping... Then realized I didn't send any of that damned labatt's barrel bs. Oh well, more for finsfan.

Interesting, tastes like an IPA. There's something at the back end that might be an off flavor, hard to describe

WP_20150125_002.jpg

Still on zd, little pissed at myself. Boxed up some beer for a guy on here, wrote a nice letter, ran it over the scale and paid for shipping... Then realized I didn't send any of that damned labatt's barrel bs. Oh well, more for finsfan.
No, more for me. But if you haven't sent me your address, please do.
View attachment 251615after a HB ipa during supper. Now time for dessert. holy schnikes this taste like liquid Reese's peanut buttercup. I just wish it was a imperial instead of a 6% session beer
I prefer Sweet Baby Jesus. If you compare those two. You'll see.
God dang, I want.
I needs me some of that.

I'm sending you something better. No lie.

It's funny, at 7 I'm thinking of bed, at 9 I'm thinking of my next beer. I have issues.

I'm sure you'll grow to love it. :p

I highly doubt that, but I have made it through most of the glass after dumping most of the first. Moral of the story is that @finsfan needs to drink two or three of these things to find out if you grow to love them.

geez-oh-pete! I hope everyone's all right! and I mean your daughter too. issues with friends can have scarring affects.
and @Hello...daughter is upset, but okay. Friend took a bunch of Advil...not the worst thing, but can cause kidney failure and other bad things. Anyway...I'm sure word will be all over school and her return will be awkward. On a lighter note, I took my boy bowling...he was feeling ignored. Not appropriate, but he's 10. I haven't bowled in the last decade because of a bad big toe, but I forced myself tonight. Damn 10 year old beat me first game! I won the second with a 104. Used to bowl 180 to 200.
Diet Coke.

I highly doubt that, but I have made it through most of the glass after dumping most of the first. Moral of the story is that @finsfan needs to drink two or three of these things to find out if you grow to love them.

I agree. Ryan definitely needs some of those. I don't think he'll see this post since I'm on the app. :p @finsfan #finsfanwontseehewasmentionedinthispost

After dinner IPA, gotta put the turkey carcass to work making stock
View attachment 251623

Gotta love Denver winters - might hit a golf course on Tuesday.
View attachment 251625
Good luck in the NE, make sure you take plenty of beer breaks while shoveling.

We are in a fight. An acquaintance has a trailer heading your way soon... I am going to load that thing with snow and ice and have it dumped on your driveway.

Back