What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i thought u would like that one...

they all make it ok?

They all survived. Thanks a ton. A printing label with your name on it is coming out right now. I totally thought your name was Cliff. I went a little overboard, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Yeah, I'm entering my imperial flanders red both in 23A and 17B since it's virtually impossible to tell it's imperialized. I feel like it won't be distinctive enough to do well in 23A, but has a pretty good shot at medaling in 17B despite it being out of style. I'll also be down there judging that weekend.

Thought I remembered you judging there last year. Good luck this year.

I looked into it a few weeks ago, but decided not to enter anything. Now thinking of entering my porter at the last minute just for fun/feedback.

Thought I remembered you judging there last year. Good luck this year.

I looked into it a few weeks ago, but decided not to enter anything. Now thinking of entering my porter at the last minute just for fun/feedback.

Do it! I just entered mine and I know if I ship tomorrow it will make it there on the day of the deadline.

I dig nuke's opinions on my beers and it's awesome he enters his into comps. I don't think I will ever enter any of my beers into comps. Why? Because I have no problem slamming them down if they taste good and enjoy my friends' comments.

With that being said. I almost want to pop one of those heady clones open right ****ing now. @nukebrewer

I dig nuke's opinions on my beers and it's awesome he enters his into comps. I don't think I will ever enter any of my beers into comps. Why? Because I have no problem slamming them down if they taste good and enjoy my friends' comments.

With that being said. I almost want to pop one of those heady clones open right ****ing now. @nukebrewer

I just threw one in the fridge. Gonna pop the top when I get home from printing my bottle labels for the comp at work since my printer is a big ol' ****ing POS.

I just threw one in the fridge. Gonna pop the top when I get home from printing my bottle labels for the comp at work since my printer is a big ol' ****ing POS.

I decided it's time to drink one. In about 10 minutes. I need to stick to opening and drinking bottled beer because pulling those tap handles will lead to my death.

Do it! I just entered mine and I know if I ship tomorrow it will make it there on the day of the deadline.

Eff it, I'll do it. There's a drop off location within walking distance, haha. This would be my first BJCP comp. Entered one before that was just a general, sort of best of show competition.

Question for you, from a BJCP standpoint (or anyone else). Definitely going to enter a porter into 12B (Ed Fitz clone), but I also have a bourbon version of the same beer (bourbon added directly to bottling bucket). Do you think the best fit would be 22C? It's not technically wood-aged, but the bourbon flavor is present and recognizable.

Eff it, I'll do it. There's a drop off location within walking distance, haha. This would be my first BJCP comp. Entered one before that was just a general, sort of best of show competition.

Question for you, from a BJCP standpoint (or anyone else). Definitely going to enter a porter into 17B (Ed Fitz clone), but I also have a bourbon version of the same beer (bourbon added directly to bottling bucket). Do you think the best fit would be 22C? It's not technically wood-aged, but the bourbon flavor is present and recognizable.

I think you mean 16B. 17 is for sours. I would enter the Bourbon version in 23A. For both 22 and 23 the entry form asks you what you did special. If you enter it in 22 but don't say you used wood, you'll pretty much be knocked out of contention. That's something the judges see and take points off for if you don't say you used wood.

I think you mean 16B. 17 is for sours. I would enter the Bourbon version in 23A. For both 22 and 23 the entry form asks you what you did special. If you enter it in 22 but don't say you used wood, you'll pretty much be knocked out of contention. That's something the judges see and take points off for if you don't say you used wood.

Yep, fixed it. 12B actually for the plain version, had your Flanders on the brain I guess. :eek:

Not sure it would be worth entering the bourbon version, the more I think about it. Plus, I enjoy it more than the plain anyway, so more bottles for me...

I don't know why I thought you said 17, lol. My eyes have betrayed me. Sorry about that.

Water.

You BJCP guys know when the new guidelines are going into use?

Was supposed to already be released, but not sure what the hold-up is. Whenever they are formally released, there will be a delay of up to 6 months before anything starts using it. It takes time to update the competition software and exams. I've been watching closely since our club is hosting a comp for the first time later this year.

Our club is just going to use the 2008 guidelines for all our internal comps this year. Probably switch next year. Everything I've read said they were supposed to be finalized by now (hasn't happened) and should be in use by summer (who knows if that'll happen on time).

3rd pint of Bluebird clone.

Was supposed to already be released, but not sure what the hold-up is. Whenever they are formally released, there will be a delay of up to 6 months before anything starts using it. It takes time to update the competition software and exams. I've been watching closely since our club is hosting a comp for the first time later this year.
Our club is just going to use the 2008 guidelines for all our internal comps this year. Probably switch next year. Everything I've read said they were supposed to be finalized by now (hasn't happened) and should be in use by summer (who knows if that'll happen on time).

3rd pint of Bluebird clone.

Thanks for the info. I looked earlier and couldn't find anything about the rollout. Trying to take an exam before they change the guidelines.

Those gift packs are a steal with the glass. They sit around up here for months after the holidays.

I expect that I will be picking up at least one more. Perhaps a few. I have almost paid ten bucks for a glass like that many times. For seven more dollars I got three beers I know are great and one more that I have wanted to try. Sold!

I expect that I will be picking up at least one more. Perhaps a few. I have almost paid ten bucks for a glass like that many times. For seven more dollars I got three beers I know are great and one more that I have wanted to try. Sold!

Holy ****! Those are $17 out there?

I did originally. Went back and edited.

Oh... you sneaky martha floccer! ;)

My Heady clone which has been dubbed Slap Of A Thousand Exploding Suns. Super smooth bitterness and tons of hop flavor and aroma. Needs probably another week or two to fully carb, but it's quite enjoyable now. Won't open another one for at least a week, though.

_DSC3776.jpg

Back