What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestions on the brew pot, again.. sorry to clog up the cool kids thread with noob questions.
I think I am going to go with that 16 gallon, despite it seeming bigger than I need.

Coffee and a big middle finger to the guys that made me work on lunch.

No worries. Not clogging up anything. These questions are always welcome and at least in here, you will usually get great answers and probably won't get the response you would if you started a thread asking your question like "this has already been discussed" or "the search button is your friend."
As far as brew pot size, as long as you have the space, bigger is usually better. Now that I have a couple 15.5 gallon keggles, I don't know how I ever boiled in a turkey frying pot.

What Wes said. It may seem like we slap each other around in here from time to time, but it's all meant in good fun and none of us takes ourselves too seriously.

All happy to help a drinking buddy; nobody here really tries to make themselves feel superior based on brewing prowess or what we're drinking.

Tl/dr

What Wes said. It may seem like we slap each other around in here from time to time, but it's all meant in good fun and none of us takes ourselves too seriously.

All happy to help a drinking buddy; nobody here really tries to make themselves feel superior based on brewing prowess or what we're drinking.

Tl/dr

Love it.

View attachment 249956

It's a true brew kit Amber ale

Just busting your balls. Welcome to the achy thread!

Well.. I just placed an order for a 16 gallon Bayou brew kettle with spigot and a Bayou patio burner, thanks to suggestions from everyone here. If all goes well and I figure out what the funk I'm doing, I can potentially brew my first real all-grain this weekend.

Quite excited. Thank you for the help, as usual.

Clocking out. Buying beer. Drinking beer.

Nice! I may have to steal that from you hahaha

Starting with a Golden Delicious.

Attachments

• 1421708562349.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 64
Remmy makes me feel insignificant. Also, my phone wants to call him Denny. I therefore, motion to have him change his name as such to make our lives easier.

Six ST Ipas to go with a case of the Mondays.

I told you many moons ago you could always call me with any questions.

Chub,

IMG_5671.jpg

Just busting your balls. Welcome to the achy thread!

Nice! I may have to steal that from you hahaha

Starting with a Golden Delicious.

Hey man, I'll gladly bring it over for a brew day when I get it if that means I get to try someone else's hb.

I told you many moons ago you could always call me with any questions.

I know and I appreciate it. Just happy for change and poking fun, Denny doesn't fit anyway.

just do what I do: give him a chode uppercut and open hand slap him 3 or 7 times.

I'm not high enough HBT level to use the chode uppercut skill yet. Unfortunately.

Hey man, I'll gladly bring it over for a brew day when I get it if that means I get to try someone else's hb.

When I get my tax return I'm definitely upgrading to AG. I'm always game to pour some homebrews and hang. I almost never bottle anymore as I can't overcome the demand on tap, but there's always 2 kegs flowing. I need to brew up the next 2 batches I picked up ingredients for as I only have 3 apfelweins going and only one beer. This is scary :eek:

@supervisingchildren I'm down for even brewing its first batch with ya if want. We'll talk :)

Southern tier ipas goin down eeeasy.

When I get my tax return I'm definitely upgrading to AG. I'm always game to pour some homebrews and hang. I almost never bottle anymore as I can't overcome the demand on tap, but there's always 2 kegs flowing. I need to brew up the next 2 batches I picked up ingredients for as I only have 3 apfelweins going and only one beer. This is scary :eek:

Almost wish I never went all-grain. The only reason I did it is so brew days are 6-hours long and I can drink more. :D

Psych.

Moved onto this Westbrook 4th anniversary. Pretty good for a distro beer (pinky in the air.) Going from a dipa to a stout is like going from day to night. (Is that hipster enough while pretending to not be a hipster) Please excuse me, I haven't been posting in here as often. What's been going on everyone in the what are you drinking now thread? Did anyone sign up for the Ann lottery and win? I sure in the heck didn't!!!

Almost wish I never went all-grain. The only reason I did it is so brew days are 6-hours long and I can drink more. :D

Psych.

Hahaha. So if you did an extract batch, would you have to break out a funnel? :D

Just mounted the bench capper to my table with help from the little dude. I definitely love when he decides he wants to help me do brewing related stuff. :D

Picked this up driving through PA today. English strong ale recreation of Jefferson's recipe apparently.

jbwkMsMbQU54dL.png

Dude, I couldn't ever have a cat. They are way to evil sometime!

Cats are jerks. Ours has a bad habit of waking me up by head butting me.

Donating blood tomorrow, so I'm abstaining tonight. Water here.

For real. I've never owned a cat, but I've dated girls with cats and they are the devil incarnate.

True cats are ******* and get into things you dont want them too. I almost literally killed my cat a month ago. They are a pain sometimes but they keep you company and pretty entertaining to watch

Back