What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Widmer Hefe, and then some Red Hook Longhammer IPA. Store was havin' a 6pk sale on all Red Hook beers, $5.99 each. :D

i think i'm going to open up an anchor summer beer. i know, i know, it's winter...WTF!! :)

i bought them because my buddy and i are using them for research on our american wheat...next brew in the BJCP Brew-all!

Stone Old Guardian Barleywine 2008

Today was the last day of class for the semester so I decided to break out something special. I have bottles from 06 on up, but I decided on the 08 release anyway. For a beer that's over 11% it is very drinkable, balanced well but still has plenty of hop kick. It will be interesting to do a vertical tasting sometime. Come January I'll have four years. Maybe Jan. 2010 I'll do a 5 year vertical tasting...

Gale's Prize Old Ale - 1992-1993 Vintage

This beer is outstanding, clocking in at over 9%. Pours with slight carbonation, raisiny finish, almost prunish, dry with a slight bitterness from the hops. Get a bit of the heat from the alcohol, but it's not overpowering.

This is definitely a sipper! It's my first Old Ale, and definitely not my last!

Firestone Walker's Reserve Robust Porter.

Complex and balanced. Roasted coffee and chocolate notes, bitter with toasty malt and some citrus hops finish. A very solid robust porter.

Sierra Nevada 12th Release Harvest Wet Hop Ale

I was out picking up a couple things a couple weeks ago and saw more bottles of this beer and had to get another one. I love it. I wish I didn't have to wait until next fall to get it again.

abyss1.jpg

Thanks again, SS!

Sierra Nevada 12th Release Harvest Wet Hop Ale

I was out picking up a couple things a couple weeks ago and saw more bottles of this beer and had to get another one. I love it. I wish I didn't have to wait until next fall to get it again.

I had this years for the first time tonight, and I loved it! :cross:
A lot of people seem to not care for it much, but I would drink it on a regular basis.

Rogue Santa's Private Reserve Ale.

Holy Grandma's perfume batman!!!!!! Can't say I like the nose on this beer. Very floral.

It is a nice amber however, with a very strong hop bite to finish.

Interesting beer.
The coolest part about it is the bottle's printing glows in the dark. :rockin:

A 1 year old Lump of Coal Winter Stout right now. Good beer. I need to find out who makes this, but I'm too druck and lazy to get up and look. ;)

I started in on Jimmy Beam tonight, so I'm feeling it now. LOL.

My own hard cider, warmed in the bottom of a double boiler and let sit so none of the achohal evaporates out... add a cinommin stick and a shot of run, a little carmel... im on number two and i feel like its really christmas

relaxing with New Holland Brewing Dragon's Milk.
courtesy of Secret Santa

Very rich malt-caramel flavor, with tons of oak. almost too much.
this gets better at around 45 degrees.
smooth.
yummy.

I had a Schlafly 2008 Imperial Stout today...it knocked my socks off. Thick, sweet and rich. Wonderful beer. It would be even better next year I think...might go pick up another.

I had a Schlafly 2008 Imperial Stout today...it knocked my socks off. Thick, sweet and rich. Wonderful beer. It would be even better next year I think...might go pick up another.

That is a good beer. :rockin: Honestly, I've alway been really pleased with Schlafly's brews.

Hope you had a good Christmas man!

Ize

cleaning out the BeerFRIDGE in preparation for the kegerator conversion.

Full Sail Wassail.
Henry Weinhard's Blue Boar Pale Ale.

Holiday Spice Apfelwein and Robust Porter soon to be on tap. :rockin:

Enjoying a Full Sail Wassail after bottling our first ever wine kit (sampling of the leftovers was very good btw). Man, this stuff is great, I really like it!

Earlier I had a Bad Elf, which is just a high gravity bitter afaict. not fancy but it was good, one of my many liquid gifts from SWMBO this year. :rockin:

Enjoying a Full Sail Wassail after bottling our first ever wine kit (sampling of the leftovers was very good btw). Man, this stuff is great, I really like it!

Cool. I did a Syrah Kit this year. Should be bottled on Tuesday ( my next day off ).

The Full Sail Wassail is great. Not Hoppy at all. Just Yummy.
I have tried many Holiday brews this year. Widmer Brrr is favorite, followed by Jubelale and then by Full Sail.

I am currently having an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. Very, very nice. up next a left-hand smokejump porter, followed by a dogfish head chicory stout and then i am calling it a night.:ban:

ok so i changed plans and opened the chicory stout as i was finishing the rasputin. mixed 1 part chicory stout to 1 part rasputin and it is very good

I can only imagine.
My college roommate had a friend that had access to fresh hops from Mt. Angel Oregon ( his home town ).

We had the most wicked IPA's ever. :)

It's a lot of fun to stand in front of a keggle with a pound of hops in your hand.. even if you dont use it all.. :) "I'll just throw some more in"

Had some Sierra Nevada Stout for the first time earlier. Wow, impressive hop presence in a stout! All around complex and delicious brew.

Pyramid Snow Cap Winter Warmer.

I really hope this is a just a bad bottle, as it tastes highly oxidized.
It's making me not even want to drink beer tonight.

update:
Bad Bottle it seems. Second bottle was much better, but still lacking... something.
I'm not sure what it is about it... but this beer doesn't do it for me.

Back