What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear Republic Big Bear Black Stout.

For an 8.1 ABV stout, this has some serious flavor.
I will buy this again to drink while waiting for Kegged Stouts to carb :)

Bear Republic Big Bear Black Stout.

For an 8.1 ABV stout, this has some serious flavor.
I will buy this again to drink while waiting for Kegged Stouts to carb :)

I have the real place about 30 minutes north of me. My favorite brewery by far. :rockin:

I'm drinking my homebrewed Belgian strong ale. After about 4 months of sitting it is finally pretty decent. :mug:

Bison Organic Gingerbread Ale.

Horrible as a beer. Just didn't work.
However, this could be awesome as part of my mincemeat pie recipe.

I have tried several local 'Organic' commercial brews lately.
They either tasted weird or had no carbonation.

not sure if the organic ingredients are the problem, or the brewers are just capitalizing on a catchphrase and using sub-par beer to do it.

Other Bison products were so much better.

won't be buying it again... unless it is to be used in pie. :)

:rockin:Stone Ruination is unreal! Pop the top and take a whiff. Its like opening a bag of centenial and inhaling! Very good, 120 IBU's and 7.75 abv!
I need a recipe!:rockin:

River Horse Special Ale ESB. Picked it up on a whim today while doing the Secret Santa shopping. I must say, for an "all natural" beer I am impressed. Nice copper color, soft caramel aroma and slight honey taste that I suspect comes from carapils.

I like.

A cascade pale ale that I just threw together on a whim. The hop schedule was really whack, and it really shows in the beer, meh. Oh well, it's still beer right?:eek:

84761.jpg

Pliny the Elder.
I saved it for my debt free day -- but I was working. tonight is night off. so. I popped the cap and enjoyed.
it is good. Really good. Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy.

Not as good as it is on tap however. But, when you get a gift bottle, you drink the gift bottle :)

Now: Water, rehydrating.

Last night: A few tallboys of Busch, some Goose Island Mild Winter, a Breckenridge 471 ESB, a New Belgium Mothership Wit, an Old Cherry, a Fat Tire, and I don't remember what else. :)

:rockin:Stone Ruination is unreal! Pop the top and take a whiff. Its like opening a bag of centenial and inhaling! Very good, 120 IBU's and 7.75 abv!
I need a recipe!:rockin:

Just an FYI, there are six (YES SIX) Stone clone recipes in this month's BYO magazine. One of those is indeed a Ruination IPA clone...although I'm more interested in the arrogant bastard and smoked porter :D.

Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter

Aroma is malty, almost like a burnt raisin. A little sweet. Pours like black coffee with a creamy tan head. First is the dark caramel raisin flavor followed by some toasty malt and dark chocolate with a little roast in the finish. Some hop character, but subtle in the background. Very balanced and drinkable. Smooth mouthfeel with a fairly dry finish.

I really like this beer. It's not over the top like some porters can be. This is another small brewery in San Diego. I have enjoyed every beer I've had from them so far. If you can find them, give it a try.

VINTAGE APFELWEIN! June 2008

This was made in the PRE-10,000 Gallon days.
Back when men were bold.
Before the Commode,
before the toilet was invented.
Wen you drop your load
beside the road
and walk away contented.

VINTAGE APFELWEIN! June 2008

This was made in the PRE-10,000 Gallon days.
Back when men were bold.
Before the Commode,
before the toilet was invented.
Wen you drop your load
beside the road
and walk away contented.

What the hell goes through your mind? I'm just curious. :D

Kapuziner Schwartz Weizen

It's basically a Dunkelweizen. I was expecting a little more. It has some dark malt character and a little yeasty fruitiness and spice. It's easy drinking and refreshing but not that complex.

Alaskan Amber Alt. :Yum

Revisiting an old friend tonight - while brewing a Robust Porter.

I have the mats for an Altbier -- perhaps that will be my Thursday brew project along with a batch of Milk Stout.

Tonight My SWMBO and I are enjoying a nice 1999 Hogue Genesis Cabernet Sauvignon from the Columbia Valley in Washington. I bought this bottle of wine when I had my last surgery on my right shoulder 7 years ago. Now laid up w/ my left shoulder it only seemed fitting.
Cheers
JJ

I'm drinking Lucid Absinthe right now. Very nice.

NICE! :ban: I have half a bottle still sitting on my fridge. You gotta make a Hemmingway if you haven't. 1 part absinthe to 3 parts champagne. I use the cheap Andre' stuff and they're killer drinks. I personally am not a fan of the absinthe/sugar water mix. Either way enjoy it. Absinthe is the best drunk! :drunk:

Ayinger Oktoberfest Marzen

Aroma is rich with malt with a little sweetness and maybe a hint of orange peel and something slightly mango peppery in there in a good way. Deep golden color with a big off-white head, crystal clear. Flavor is bready rich malt with some of that toasty malt from the aroma. Some sweetness but balanced with the slight hint of bitterness. Clean and drinkable. Makes me want some bratwurst.

La Fin du Monde... Its my first time trying this even though I live in Montreal and I gotta say that Im a big fan!

I even broke out my Westmalle chalice type glass for this one!

Back