What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Jai Alai. Not disappointing. Glass is one of a set of four tasting glasses from my firstborn daughter and son in-law.

IMG_20141230_235055252.jpg

Swmbo is out of town til tomorrow afternoon. So tonight was guys night. Ballast point Dorado, macallan 18, call of duty, steak and sour patch kids. :D

started off the day with some strong cawfeh and a square of dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt. I sure as flocc don't want to work today, but this sure helped a little.

started off the day with some strong cawfeh and a square of dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt. I sure as flocc don't want to work today, but this sure helped a little.

Heard that... I'm the only sucker in engineering today. In about 5 minutes I will be attacked by the salesman that have been here for 10 years, yet ask the same question every day. This place is like living in Groundhog Day, without Bill funking Murray.

Tim Hortons coffee. Black. Then a lot of water to prepare for tonight. Taking my first keg to a party, likely to embarrass myself.

This is good. Good. Good.
View attachment 245499

Love that brewery name - and the beer is great too!

Watered down coke. Need to get home to beer!
Picked up one of these. I'm such a sucker for glassware.

The best birthday gifts are the ones we buy ourselves! :mug:

Mystery Christmas beer #2
View attachment 245571

Exactly how much Bieber wrapping paper did your brother buy?! :drunk:

Having coffee for the first time in three days. Waiting to see how this first cup settles before making another. I need to really push my system to get in shape so I can have at least a beer or two tonight.

Heard that... I'm the only sucker in engineering today. In about 5 minutes I will be attacked by the salesman that have been here for 10 years, yet ask the same question every day. This place is like living in Groundhog Day, without Bill funking Murray.

Tim Hortons coffee. Black. Then a lot of water to prepare for tonight. Taking my first keg to a party, likely to embarrass myself.

Just remember to bring the keg early so it has time to settle. I'd bleed it a couple of times when you get there and then put it back on gas at serving pressure. Keep it cold, of course. It's going to be great.

Water, a lot of it. Absolutely shat time sleeping last night. We need off switches on our mind. Lots of coffee, three espressos to be exact...and a protein shake. Hoping to get the notice that we can bail early on work. NYE plans fell through yesterday though. Sad face.

coffee... not a good end to the year

Why not?

I've never had a New Year's resolution. But I am making a few right now.

1) Drink more.
2) Brew more than 40 batches next year (came close this year at 37).
3) Drink more. Even if it means being fat.

Why not?

1) Drink more.

My resolutions will be as follows:
Drink more
Do less exercise
Eat Horribly
Set more realistic goals.

Why not?

1) Drink more.

Lies! I think you'd rather be dead than fat. :p
I pegged you for having brewed more than 37. Do you keg yet or is that something you'll start now that you bought the wife a new fridge?

I never make resolutions, there is no real reason behind that. I'd personally just like to finally have a better year. We shall see! :ban:

No resolutions here, they always make it feel forced. I am just going to try to cook more often and quit smoking completely now that I've cut down to one a day to de-stress on the ride home.

No resolutions here, they always make it feel forced. I am just going to try to cook more often and quit smoking completely now that I've cut down to one a day to de-stress on the ride home.

Are you mechanical or engineering side? I work with CAD sometimes, but from a different side. I work for a lighting rep.

Are you mechanical or engineering side? I work with CAD sometimes, but from a different side. I work for a lighting rep.

Trained and graduated architecturally... ended up in aerospace engineering career. It is a really great company, growing fast and working with SpaceX / NASA etc... so we are busy and there is nice opportunity here but I really miss architecture. I still design homes in my spare time for friends and people in need though.

Lies! I think you'd rather be dead than fat. :p

I pegged you for having brewed more than 37. Do you keg yet or is that something you'll start now that you bought the wife a new fridge?

I never make resolutions, there is no real reason behind that. I'd personally just like to finally have a better year. We shall see! :ban:

37 this year and something like 15 the half-yr prior. That's almost 3/month. Crazy when I think about it.

I will be kegging my first beer (Slightly Stoopider) this weekend. Going to use a picnic tap for this one.

Got my wife a new fridge and it's coming here for Saturday. Current fridge will go in the garage where I will start my build. I was thinking of moving the fridge to the basement. But considering how much I drink, didn't want to risk falling down the stairs after pouring, say, my 12th pint of the night. I have enough room in the garage in between the two cars and I think it would be a great location for it as I am usually workout outside around the house or brewing right there in the garage. I have 6 kegs and am hoping they all fit. I'll purchase the # of shanks and faucets depending on that.

Add Learn French to that list. :D

Last cup of Coff. Marinating a pernil I'll be cooking tomorrow. Bacon-wrapped filet mignon are for dinner tonight.

Add Learn French to that list. :D

I took six years of French. I'd love to learn German or Dutch though, being they are top on my list if I can ever afford to travel.

The coffee is giving me the shakes. Time for water, straight, no chaser.

one of my pets is going crazy. Scratched the **** out of me last night 50/50 fault. They are inside cats. His brother got out and I almost lost him but I got him back in the house. Now the other one thinks he is a foreign cat and is growling/hissing and attacking the other one. I have them separated but dont know what to do. There is still time today to make it better. Just frustrating.

one of my pets is going crazy. Scratched the **** out of my last night 50/50 fault. They are inside cats. His brother got out and I almost lost him but I got him back in the house. Now the other one thinks he is a foreign cat and is growling/hissing and attacking the other one. I have the separated but dont know what to do. There is still time today to make it better. Just frustrating.

That sucks. No changes in routine or new things in the house? If not, maybe a little time apart will help them calm back down. Luckily our two cats have not gone into open revolt over a new puppy in the house. (fingers crossed!)

We've got a vast assortment of beer, cider, white wine, red wine, champagne and liqueur on ice. Jamoriquai Funk Odyssey on the sound system. Feels so good!

Ugh. Everything in the media is so negative. I can't EVEN watch the news any more. According to everything I have read, now that I am 31 years old, apparently a "heavy" drinker, work at a desk, eat out once a week, watch tv for an hour or more a day and breathe in all this FREE air... I probably will live another year or two.

"It even puts you at an increased risk for becoming a victim of violence."

Really? I don't know about victim, but I'll definitely throw down for an old timey round of fisticuffs.

That sucks. No changes in routine or new things in the house? If not, maybe a little time apart will help them calm back down. Luckily our two cats have not gone into open revolt over a new puppy in the house. (fingers crossed!)

nope. That night he started tensing up and growling and hissing at him. I dont know it might be the smell but he was outside less than 5 minutes. He was locking in the garage most of the day because I left the door open and both were snooping around. I saw the door open and one ran in but did not check if the other one was out there.

nope. That night he started tensing up and growling and hissing at him. I dont know it might be the smell but he was outside less than 5 minutes. He was locking in the garage most of the day because I left the door open and both were snooping around. I saw the door open and one ran in but did not check if the other one was out there.

If there is a plush toy the agitated cat likes, maybe rub it against the other one and let him sniff it and get used to any smells the escapee picked up?

If there is a plush toy the agitated cat likes, maybe rub it against the other one and let him sniff it and get used to any smells the escapee picked up?

they do not have any plushes but I'll find something to try that. I'm just going to ignore him and see if he calms down. I hope he does. Its so odd.

What's brewing today? I almost got all my **** together today so I could brew. Had the itch for it earlier but am still busy cleaning the house and prepping food for tonight and tomorrow. ****.

Trying a clone of Russian river's sanctification. Using a Brett blend from @TNGabe for primary and bugs later on. Going to dump some beatification dregs in a couple gallons of it too

Trying a clone of Russian river's sanctification. Using a Brett blend from @TNGabe for primary and bugs later on. Going to dump some beatification dregs in a couple gallons of it too

Hell yeah man! I have really been wanting to buy the consecration clone from morebeer but havent pulled the trigger yet.

Latest posts

Back