What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This hobby is something.....

I'm drinking a beer that I brew that I really really enjoy. I've always called it an Ordinary Bitter. I've recently re-visited the Ray Daniels book "Designing Great Beers" and have discovered that what I'm drinking might not be an Ordinary Bitter at all.

So the delima is... do I continue brewing this beer that I absolutely love, or do I change the recipe to comply with the style? I can't tell you what style this beer is if it isn't an Ordinary Bitter. All I can tell you is that I, and everyone who has tried it - over 20 people - have absolutely loved it... so much so that I brew this twice as much as I brew any other beer. I try to keep this one on tap.

This is perplexing... I genuinely want to be a beer snob. What to do... WHAT!!!! to do???

If Odell can brew a light scotch ale and call it '90 schilling', which is a wee heavy, I see no reason you can do the same. :)

Still trying to kill this keg of peppercorn saison
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417662276.703533.jpg
Go Blues!

bring a flask and spike your own punch. Easy peasy. You know everyone else will be jealous of you for doing it.

Everyone loves the chub. Its hard to beat.
Very hard to improve on a chub.

If only we could drink at the party. Apparently it's frowned upon.

How is that?

My version of DC's ginger/cinnamon mead, needs time but tasty.
For those that remember my salute from the other day, it turned into this by itself:D

That's awesome!

Home and having a hb zombie dust.

So at homebrew club we had a contest to see who could identify Bud, Olde English, PBR, Rolling Rock & Heineken from blind pours. The horror. The horror.

Then I drank a bunch of homebrew so I could forget. Now back home and cleansing my palate before bed.
View attachment 239722

You are a damned tease. How did you do at telling the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This is perplexing... I genuinely want to be a beer snob. What to do... WHAT!!!! to do???

I assume not serious... but as a certified beer judge, styles be damned for hedonism. They only matter for competitions. I have always brewed for what I like. If I feel like entering it, I'll pick the closest category. About to open a Buffalo Sweat.

I don't think they have beds, so you better make it back to the hotel :)

Only have a few more zombies, see no reason not to drink one or more tonight
View attachment 239727

Now that you have had a healthy fff haul, what are your favorites? I still think alpha king is the best of the small bottle brews. People think I am nuts for this lack of allegiance to the dust.

Having water and getting ready to crash.

I don't think they have beds, so you better make it back to the hotel :)

Only have a few more zombies, see no reason not to drink one or more tonight
View attachment 239727

Oh i will. Im might have a one or two with some food then head home. I wish they have beds though. Ill sleep in the brew house and drink the beer if i get thirsty

Now that you have had a healthy fff haul, what are your favorites? I still think alpha king is the best of the small bottle brews. People think I am nuts for this lack of allegiance to the dust.

Having water and getting ready to crash.

The dust is a great beer, but I think gumballhead was my favorite. More citrus, but well balanced beer.

I also prefer sea hag to ghandi. Apparently, I prefer balanced IPA to pure hops for hops sake beers.

The dust is a great beer, but I think gumballhead was my favorite. More citrus, but well balanced beer.

I also prefer sea hag to ghandi. Apparently, I prefer balanced IPA to pure hops for hops sake beers.

I could go with that. Gonna have to try a ghandi some day. Sea hag was great. On this subject... Who needs to go to bed. I haven't had hops yet today and someone said gumballhead. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417666218.716767.jpg

Drinking in the middle of the Goddamned street. Just heard some Mr. V playing - ****ing awesome. Chart Room - cash-only spot is what's on all night. I have enough cash to drink for the next 4 hours. God help me.

Drinking in the middle of the Goddamned street. Just heard some Mr. V playing - ****ing awesome. Chart Room - cash-only spot is what's on all night. I have enough cash to drink for the next 4 hours. God help me.

My favorite quote about New Orleans - 'Go cups make everything better', said by a random drunk as I was walking through Jackson square.

I could go with that. Gonna have to try a ghandi some day. Sea hag was great. On this subject... Who needs to go to bed. I haven't had hops yet today and someone said gumballhead. View attachment 239730

Just ask remmy of some when he gets back. He seems to have an unlimited supply

How is that?.

They call Flanders reds the burgundy of belgium and this is good example of why it has a lot of red wine character. It looks and smells like a glass of red wine, if you blindfolded me and put a glass of it under my nose I would guess it was red wine. It's only mildly sour.

Gravity sample of the latest Mild. Like all great beers, this clocks in below 3% ABV :rockin:

I would love a good tasting brew that came in low ABV. Well, I would love it in theory. In reality I would just sleep less cause I wouldn't know how to fall asleep sober.

I would love a good tasting brew that came in low ABV. Well, I would love it in theory. In reality I would just sleep less cause I wouldn't know how to fall asleep sober.

I find them more challenging to brew than higher gravity beers. Plus they're ready faster. Plus I can drink all day without being told I'm an alcoholic. Or at least manage to get out "no I'm not" without spitting all over myself.

Don't worry, just trying to piss off @Remmy and @BUCKNUTS

I find them more challenging to brew than higher gravity beers. Plus they're ready faster. Plus I can drink all day without being told I'm an alcoholic. Or at least manage to get out "no I'm not" without spitting all over myself.

Perfect. You are my three favorite beligerent drunks

Erin Rose has the raunchiest broads I've ever seen in a bar ever. I might stay in this beat down ass place. I lov eit. This mother****er is open til 7 a.m.

@tobyg unlimited alcohol on me

The only reasons to drink 3-ish % beers are because they're sours or you enjoy creating more urine thus allowing you to piss off off the porch like Remmy.
Remmy probably pissed off his balcony there in new orleans a couple times already.

The only reasons to drink 3-ish % beers are because they're sours or you enjoy creating more urine thus allowing you to piss off off the porch like Remmy.
Remmy probably pissed off his balcony there in new orleans a couple times already.

And his piss no doubt had more alcohol content than your purel

Liquid bread. Nutrition. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And his piss no doubt had more alcohol content than your purel

Indubitably.

Back