What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"the Dude abides...."

Having a White Russian. Its been a LONG time. Pretty tasty.

Finished off a few from a Stone variety pack tonight also. Have to save them for Turkey day haha.

Drinking Base Camp's Rip Stop Rye Pils.

It's good but in no way reminds me of a Pils. And I'm debating whether or not I want to try rebottling in the aluminum bottle.

I had a temp say that to me today and for some reason almost lost my **** it cracked me up so much. You just made ten fidy come out my nose and that **** hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hahaha. Glad someone gets the reference. Loe the movie. Some hate it. Not sure how haha. And couldn't imagine TenFidy out the nostrils! Thats gotta burn!!

Bell's Special Double Cream Stout x2. Straight from the bottle...yep it is that kind of night.

Starbucks Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate to make me sleepy. Night people.

I get up at 2:30. I should probably be spending my time doing yoga instead of looking at HBT. hahahaa!

I'm up at this time most nights also I can only sleep about 3 hours in a row about 2 or 3 times a day sometimes if I'm lucky they are right next to each other like last night when I got 4 hours and then 3 right away.

You get up so early for work? Nothing wrong with hbt it is a great way to kill time and learn or in my case piss everyone off. I should know been doing this for months and I'm only allowed to exercise 5 minutes at a time. Yoga?do you really want to be able to kiss your own knees etc or are you hoping to teach the wife? Get a rower or something like that. Sounds like you work hard enough as it is though.

when we lived in Wyoming, my shoulder & neck seized up on me for almost a week. not a good thing when you're bell hole welding 20" pipe. I finally went in for it and had the Dr. twist me around and got some muscle relaxers, but she suggested yoga. stretching and meds did ok for about a week. less than a week of yoga with no meds and I had full range of my neck and shoulder with no pain. same for working a full day twisting in horrible positions to weld pipe in almost impossible places with no back pain. on the subject of my wife, I have become quite tolerant of a great number of things as I have gotten older. people talking about or insinuating about my wife is not one of those.

as The Wretched Ones said, "Sometimes I think I use my hands more than my head, but I'll just keep plugging away until I'm dead." I've been busting my butt for 26 years already. I feel like I'm ready to retire.

more quaffay.

More Coff. Soon to be beer. Just postponed jury duty for the second time due to being out-of-state. I've always postponed even back in college. Not looking forward to having to go to court.

Hope I can get out rather quickly after being very biased in one way or another. :D. Any recommendations?

Mama Hello has landed. Coffee while I wait for the electrican and then off to the orthopedist. Hoping it's the only appointment I need to have while she's here.

when we lived in Wyoming, my shoulder & neck seized up on me for almost a week. not a good thing when you're bell hole welding 20" pipe. I finally went in for it and had the Dr. twist me around and got some muscle relaxers, but she suggested yoga. stretching and meds did ok for about a week. less than a week of yoga with no meds and I had full range of my neck and shoulder with no pain. same for working a full day twisting in horrible positions to weld pipe in almost impossible places with no back pain. on the subject of my wife, I have become quite tolerant of a great number of things as I have gotten older. people talking about or insinuating about my wife is not one of those.

as The Wretched Ones said, "Sometimes I think I use my hands more than my head, but I'll just keep plugging away until I'm dead." I've been busting my butt for 26 years already. I feel like I'm ready to retire.

more quaffay.

They didn't do anything for my shoulder except cut it open again and take the metal out and break up the scar tissue. Then sent me to physical therapy and gave me pain meds that make me sick. The only time I take them is for the pt. With scar tissue on the muscles and tendons that goes from the base of the neck and about 8 inches down the arm it's hard not to take them 24-7.

Have you ever thought about teaching welding or opening your own welding shop? I grew up with a welder and understand how rough it is on a person. He owned a boiler repair company and did 90% of the work himself. Back then (70's) he was only making about 70 an hour.

on to coffee

More Coff. Soon to be beer. Just postponed jury duty for the second time due to being out-of-state. I've always postponed even back in college. Not looking forward to having to go to court.

Hope I can get out rather quickly after being very biased in one way or another. :D. Any recommendations?

I have had great success with either: "police officers don't want to waste their time with court so if they arrested him he must be guilty of this and more that they couldn't pin on him" or the other route, "that cop there... Gave me a speeding ticket for ten over when I was going five under just because it was the end of the month, they are all bigger crooks than anyone they arrest"

I have seen guys show up wasted and get sent home at sign-in.

Coffee. Much needed coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Quaffi in a lighthouse mug and breakfast at the beach😋

IMAG3934.jpg

I've got a bottle of that that I'll break into in the next few days. How was it?

Disclaimer I don't have the most trained pallet but I'm working on it. At first whiff you get some serious coffee and chocolate, and then you take a drink and it has a good mouthfeel nice and malty, and somewhat sweet like maybe even fruity ish but then it finishes kinda tangy sour Ionno that's just me like I said I'm still working on improving my pallet but I would definitely drink it again. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

Disclaimer I don't have the most trained pallet but I'm working on it. At first whiff you get some serious coffee and chocolate, and then you take a drink and it has a good mouthfeel nice and malty, and somewhat sweet like maybe even fruity ish but then it finishes kinda tangy sour Ionno that's just me like I said I'm still working on improving my pallet but I would definitely drink it again. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Chill out, Dar.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416933367.069684.jpg

Coffee while working from home.

Sounds interesting. I've heard with the lack of dark malts, they made it a total coffee bomb to get the stout character. Looking forward to trying it out.

It looks great! I would never wait that long. Is it like a tropicsl citrus ipa?

It's a single-hop IPA from NEBCO. NEBCO makes four single-hopped IPAs/Pale Ales:

Galaxy Pale Ale
Supernaut (Mosaic IPA)
Coriolis (Nelson Sauvin DIPA)
Fuzzy Baby Ducks (Citra IPA)

Supernaut is the best-tasting, IMO, followed by Galaxy, Coriolis and FBD. I think part of the "madness" at NEBCO for FBD is the name and the fact that some people know they use Citra in this beer. Some beer nerds hear "Citra," start their engines and drive from Maine to get this beer. ****ing idiots.

I would happily share some with whoever is local to me that couldn't get some. Kegs are about to kick according to NEBCO. I have a little more than a half-growler left of it.

I also believe Sea Hag is hoppier in the nose as well as flavor. I love Sea Hag and Gandhi - two, very hoppy beers. And the fact I can get fresh Sea Hag for $9/6-pack and Gandhi Bot for $11/4-pack, it's a win-win. People can camp-out or do whatever the **** they need to do to get their hands on FBD. It's so stupid.

Back