What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416021980.894945.jpg
Columbus/Simcoe IPA after getting my new gas range all hooked up
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416022036.249619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I need to get some Mike Stanton money. $25mil/year for 13 years. Assuming he gets paid every two weeks, that's nearly $1mil gross every paycheck for THIRTEEN YEARS.

Having another celebration :)

I have the oddest boner right now over a stove. Is that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm not a dr. But I did sleep in a hoilday inn once so I suggest forgo modern medicen skip the ambien and shot gun two ten fidy and call me in the morning

If I ever get up with the tech enough to post a youtube video, I will shotgun a ten fidy just to share what would almost certainly be a memorable experience. Might be cheaper and less painful to just mail BK a ten fidy.

Water with the hottest damned chili ever.

Where did you find some?

An HEB on my side of town (north). Wasn't even on the shelf yet. Just sitting in the middle of the aisle under a few cases of other beer where the distributor left it. So I took it upon myself to move the other useless beer out of the way and tear into the case. I should've just bought the entire case.

An HEB on my side of town (north). Wasn't even on the shelf yet. Just sitting in the middle of the aisle under a few cases of other beer where the distributor left it. So I took it upon myself to move the other useless beer out of the way and tear into the case. I should've just bought the entire case.

Dang o dang. I've been hitting up random grocery stores and specs looking for it

@mcbaumannerb 's Scottish BEE Heavy. So effing good. Awesome brew Mark! Thanks for sending it with!

So, SWMBO made a reservation at the wrong hotel...would have to drive to convention anyway, instead of walking around a corner. So, I'm unexpectedly home tonight. Other things happening tomorrow that are floccin' with plans. So, I took my son out and had a nice dinner and didn't bother watching the expenses, 'cause I was pissed. Back home and drinking one of my robust porters that I put in the fridge to chill earlier. Didn't quite gush, like the room temp sample this afternoon; but otherwise, I think my evaluation was pretty accurate. Easily drinkable, but no prize winner. Body is kinda thin. Needs a little more roastiness.

DSC06315.jpg

I bought 2 sample packs yesterday. A Goose Island sample pack, and the Sam Adams Winter sampler. Drinking the White Christmas now out of the Sam Adams pack. It's okay... Can't say that I'd buy this one in a sixer. I won't buy the Winter sampler again if the other beers in it are no better than this. Not a horrible beer.... just doesn't make me want to rush out and buy more. We'll see about the rest.

The Goose Island sampler... I've had 3 of the 321's. A pretty good beer for what it is. It's very hop forward, as I'd expect from an American craft brewery. It's as good as any other hoppy pale ale I've tried. Take the labels off of all of them and put them in the fridge. You wouldn't be able to tell one from the other. Good... but not one that I'd rush out to buy.

I'm a bit disappointed so far about the picks that I made yesterday. I'm hoping that there will be a beer or two in the mix that I'll really enjoy.

Well...better be my nightcap. Have to drive 25 miles tomorrow morning to get to a comic book convention. This beer isn't the only thing a little too bitter tonight. I hope there's going to be some hot cosplay girls wandering around.

DSC06316.jpg

Back