What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35 here...hoping to sneak away to take dog for a walk.
Protein shake.

I am reading myself into absolute confusion about electric brewing and whether RIMS or HERMS is the way to go. :confused: I don't know anyone who has either setup so I can't pop over and get a more hands on rundown.

I think I have been reading the same threads. They made my head hurt. I finally started buying and building in the eherms direction just because it seemed like I could run that manually and avoid getting into too fancy of a controller for a while. I am not ready to understand or pay for that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A brisk 26F here in Indy. Had some snow flurries yesterday with some accumulation predicted by the end of the weekend. Chugging away at a pot of coffee currently while my strike water heats up

Water. After learning that Halliburton might buy my company. Mergers are never good for people at my level but great for the executives
That is a big deal. I hope it all goes well for you. We were bought 2 years ago and it has been volatile, but I've survived. Like a cockroach. :D

I think I have been reading the same threads. They made my head hurt. I finally started buying and building in the eherms direction just because it seemed like I could run that manually and avoid getting into too fancy of a controller for a while. I am not ready to understand or pay for that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew
Threads and google pretty much. There is a guy here who builds controllers for much cheaper than theelectricbrewery.com. I love that guy's setup, but the cost is pushing me away slightly. I have a lot more research to do of course and I am waiting on a quote from a couple electricians for a 50a and 30a plug for the panel. We'll see. The other thing is I would like to just get a shed and be done with it. My garage is full and without water. Thinking though that I may just use my garage as a shed is a huge expense that I may not want to or be able to bear.

tl;dr I agree with the headache.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415984398.520120.jpg

I feel your pain. I've been traveling the past 2 weeks for customer meetings, and I'm gonna get buried as soon as I get a chance to look at my inbox.

They make some killer IPA's. Their 15 anniversary in particular was amazing. That beer, fresh on tap, not much else compares

I was close to grabbing that but was just in a black ups mood. I also grabbed founders black ipa. No verdict on that one tet

They make some killer IPA's. Their 15 anniversary in particular was amazing. That beer, fresh on tap, not much else compares

I was close to grabbing that but was just in a black ups mood. I also grabbed founders black ipa. No verdict on that one yet

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415991674.333389.jpg

Not a Hoegarden but I like the glass style for Hefe's. Also not my favourite Hefe, slightly bitter, prefer Frankiskaner or Hoegarden. Feels like it may have been fermented to cool, no real banana flavour or interesting phenolics.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I was close to grabbing that but was just in a black ups mood. I also grabbed founders black ipa. No verdict on that one yet

The 15th was a black IPA. I dont think you can find it anymore but if you can... do it. They called it Escondidan Imperial Black IPA. Ive never had the founders. Ill put that on my list

More water. Can't wait until 4 for beer.
Anyone know if a brand new, never opened gallon of paint is good after it has sat for 3 years in a garage? I bought 2 gallons, never used them and never opened them. I assume I should take them to Home Depot when I buy the foyer paint and have them shaken well.

Anyone know if a brand new, never opened gallon of paint is good after it has sat for 3 years in a garage? I bought 2 gallons, never used them and never opened them. I assume I should take them to Home Depot when I buy the foyer paint and have them shaken well.

It should be fine, I've used worse, having it shaken will be easier then trying to mix it by hand:)

Nothing at the moment but a work beer is coming soon, slow day.

Mix by hand. Shaking my ass.

I think if it's well sealed/never opened, it would be fine. Having it shaken would probably be a good idea. I bet they would open it and check it for you too.

I'm headed to a comic book convention this weekend and won't be around here to drink. Hopefully, SWMBO won't give me a hard time about having one or two at the hotel. But I wanted to check on my McQuinn's Robust Porter and see if it's ready to share with some locals. So I grabbed one to open...didn't chill it first...it's cool, but not cold. I opened the bottle and put my nose at the top for a sniff and I got a nostril full of bubbles. Dang...a gusher. Is it going to do that when it's cold? The carb calculator I've been using for the last few batches has been pretty reliable. Anyway...fizzy, but no head at room temp. Color is dark, like a cola and has good clarity. Malt and a little alcohol in the aroma. Flavor is smooth with a some malt, but not a lot of roased grain or hops bitterness. The carb may be a little too much for a robust porter, but it's easy to drink. A little alcohol warmth rises back up in the chest and sinuses, but it's not "hot" or harsh. I'm not thinking this is a competition worthy example, but I'll happily drink it!

DSC06312.jpg

Better late then never!

Mwahahaha. I think that batch is one of the best in years. I have hopes for it going forward. There was also an undated release for last year that isn't the same, but haven't got confirmation it's got anything to do with B United importing bulk and packaging here like they do with some other stuff. Have you made it out to OEC yet? Any chance you're giving tired hands $3k?:D

I saw the post on FB right before I lady to come home. I tried to talk myself into re 1K level but can't do it.

Home Sweet Beer!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416001450.561089.jpg

Back