What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having this while dinner cooks and cold brewing some coffee

Is the coffee being used for a beer? We're making our 12%abv ris with cacao, bourbon, and cold brewed coffee next brewday. Gonna use some oak chips too this time around and instead of Ethiopian Yirga Cheffe I think I am going to use home roasted Indian Peaberry. I didn't care much for the Ethiopian coffee last time. Cold brewing is a must though in order to get the coffee flavor and roastiness without astringency IMO

Is the coffee being used for a beer? We're making our 12%abv ris with cacao, bourbon, and cold brewed coffee next brewday. Gonna use some oak chips too this time around and instead of Ethiopian Yirga Cheffe I think I am going to use home roasted Indian Peaberry. I didn't care much for the Ethiopian coffee last time. Cold brewing is a must though in order to get the coffee flavor and roastiness without astringency IMO

All of those ingredients sound like it's going to make for an expensive beer. I likes. :D

The other half of that bag went into a beer for my friends wedding. Just brewing the rest to have some coffee for a bachelor party this weekend. Gotta stay away. This one is really roasty. My bro picked it out ( he works at starbucks so free coffee). I should of said of a more mild coffee but it still worked fine.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414021227.657384.jpg

All of those ingredients sound like it's going to make for an expensive beer. I likes. :D

It's by far our most expensive beer but sooo worth it. We use Spring 44 Bourbon to soak the cacao nibs and the oak and will probably use most of the $40 bottle. Not outrageous for bourbon, but this is only for a 5 gallon batch since the grain bill is too much for the system for a 10gal batch.:ban:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414021864.871241.jpg

This beer has some attributes I normally avoid but is really enjoyable. Damnit Ryan, you thought girls had cooties when I brewed my first batch and you are better at this than me. Asshat. :ban:

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Moved over to Cape Fear beer and wine... Been here Remmy? It's a real beer bar... Not that kiddie stuff yesterday. Drinking Evil Twin Barley Wine. Too dark for a pick in here as well.

View attachment 231109

This beer has some attributes I normally avoid but is really enjoyable. Damnit Ryan, you thought girls had cooties when I brewed my first batch and you are better at this than me. Asshat. :ban:

Haha i appreciate that, i think? :confused:
I wasn't too impressed with that beer but its drinkable!

Moved over to Cape Fear beer and wine... Been here Remmy? It's a real beer bar... Not that kiddie stuff yesterday. Drinking Evil Twin Barley Wine. Too dark for a pick in here as well.

Don't remember the bars I've been to there. The one bar I did go to that I can remember had around 30-35 beers on tap. The only brewery I've been to in Wilmington is Front St. Other than that, I went to a few beaches and slammed beer down. Those were the pre-HBT days. Think I last visited Raleigh and Wilmington 3 years ago.

Nope. The only brewery I've been to in Wilmington is Front St. Other than that, I went to a few beaches and slammed beer down. Those were the pre-HBT days. Think I last visited Raleigh and Wilmington 3 years ago.

Gotcha. This is just a beer bar... But definitely serious about beer. I see all kinds of rare **** I will never buy lol. This place does kick ass. Jukebox full of classic punk.

Haha i appreciate that, i think? :confused:
I wasn't too impressed with that beer but its drinkable!

I am really happy to have gotten involved with hbt. Aside from all the fun it has really shown me what a guy can create with a little practice and some guidance. Ryan, heady was not the best beer you sent my way. Great work!

I am really happy to have gotten involved with hbt. Aside from all the fun it has really shown me what a guy can create with a little practice and some guidance. Ryan, heady was not the best beer you sent my way. Great work!

Wow, now that is a hell of a compliment! :rockin:

Right across from the USS North Carolina! Looks cool lit at night and is an interesting 1 to 2 hour tour in the daytime. The Dixie Grill has a good breakfast, but limited beer...hot, tattooed waitresses and a good Eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes and Vidalia onion gravy.

If you head west a couple hours towards Raleigh/Cary, Hello and I can point you towards some good breweries/bars/bottle shops. I'm headed to Orlando in December...have to find some J'ai Alai and other Cigar City brews...or get recommendations.

Drinking last little bit of Fortnight Porter.

After six straight hours of calculus homework my brain is fried. I'm going to zone out now and drink some great beer while watching game 2. This is my first HotD beer and I must say I really like it. Even at 10% it's not too boozy and has yummy malt and dark fruit aromas/flavors.

CameraZOOM-20141022194053369.jpg

View attachment 231109

Hahaha! Love the use of the term "asshat" hahaha!

Onto another strawberry blonde. All I want is hops tonight and realized all of my commercial and hb are not hoppy, except for the iipa I'm about to keg. Guess the strawberry blonde must be kicked to make room.;):cool:

For anyone on the fence about having a kid...

After dinner, while playing, my two year comes over to me, sits on my lap facing me, gives me a hug (awwww). Then says "I don't feel good" and pukes all over me. It's still in my friggin beard.

I need a beer.

After dinner, while playing, my two year comes over to me, sits on my lap facing me, gives me a hug (awwww). Then says "I don't feel good" and pukes all over me. It's still in my friggin beard.

I need a beer.

That's cute and sucky at the same time. Best part is you have a story to embarrass him with for years to come! :tank:

I need a beer.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but "Bwhahahahha!!!" and that sucks. i wonder if your beard yeast will ferment that...

Water.

The fire got my first floor from 63 degrees up to 82 degrees. ****, it's hot. I might need a beer to cool me down.

I need a beer.

Hahaha awesome!

After discussing how much it would suck if we had a fire and lost all of our possessions, my 5 yr old daughter said "We could always use the rest of our money to buy a gun and shoot animals." Hilarious! Especially since I don't hunt!

Keg kicked and got a small sample of the iipa which was amazing.

1414025748860.jpg

1414025762575.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414025736.026002.jpg
Best-for me-drink of the night. New project tomorrow that is a piece of cake.... But something tells me the management is gonna freak out. That's what they do.

Hahaha awesome!

After discussing how much it would suck if we had a fire and lost all of our possessions, my 5 yr old daughter said "We could always use the rest of our money to buy a gun and shoot animals." Hilarious! Especially since I don't hunt!

Keg kicked and got a small sample of the iipa which was amazing.

Dude. You played Oregon Trail as a kid... You got this!!

Drinking Fuller's London Porter. It's a porter night for sure.

Okay ... two beers tonight...
View attachment 231082

I think I'll join ya.

I need a beer.

I was laying on my back holding my son up in the air, he was probably 8 months old at the time. My wife had just finished feeding him beets. They must have not sat well with him cause next thing I know they are all over my face and chest. That ranks right up there with the time he was sick and had explosive diarrhea. Yep....I got **** on.

Right across from the USS North Carolina! Looks cool lit at night and is an interesting 1 to 2 hour tour in the daytime. The Dixie Grill has a good breakfast, but limited beer...hot, tattooed waitresses and a good Eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes and Vidalia onion gravy.

If you head west a couple hours towards Raleigh/Cary, Hello and I can point you towards some good breweries/bars/bottle shops. I'm headed to Orlando in December...have to find some J'ai Alai and other Cigar City brews...or get recommendations.

Drinking last little bit of Fortnight Porter.

I'm assuming you are headed to the Disney area, if so, plan on about a hour drive to the Tampa area (most breweries are cool with you bringing kids along before 8-9pm). There you can hit cigar city, cycle brewing, 7venth Sun, Dunedin Brewing, Rapp brewing and Saint Somewhere (all within 30 minutes of CCB).
If you can't make it out of the Orlando area, make sure you hit up Red Light Red Light, Cask and Larder and The Hourglass Brewery.
I'm sure Breezy will have some more recommendations for the Tampa area

I need a beer.

It is your own fault... Had you been an indifferent ass all along... The kid would have gone to mom for comfort and puked on her.

Mind you, this is coming from the guy that gets pissed on at least weekly because post bath... Kids are willing to cuddle.

More water and goodnight.

Back